Page 16 of 49 <123 ... 151617 ... 474849>
RicoF

Malta 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

How did you enable the camera...?

Post #126757410th Apr 2014 7:50 am
Perdi's Dad

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

Hi Wiggs,

If there are no issues would you be able to send me the file for the touch screen update NNV504750 I shall be using the bbs nanocom to install .

Hoping this update may allow my modified screen to have the reverse camera come up automatically!

Many thanks

Paul
 Upgrades so far - , rear ladder from prospeed , front and rear light guards G4 style roof rack and 4 lightforce spots on the rack! Xenon lights  
Post #126779210th Apr 2014 5:34 pm
Perdi's Dad

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

Or Mr Flack

Would you be willing and able to supply the NNV504750 code for the nanocom?

Many thanks

Paul
 Upgrades so far - , rear ladder from prospeed , front and rear light guards G4 style roof rack and 4 lightforce spots on the rack! Xenon lights  
Post #126779710th Apr 2014 5:56 pm
geoff.

England 

paul

you will need to use the genesis web site to load that file on your nanacom Thumbs Up

Post #126785610th Apr 2014 7:42 pm
DaveJLBI

Ireland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I recently did the hifi on screen mod, I know there is no brightness sensor since the swap, but what happens in my case is that it starts of bright enough and about 10 mins later it has dimmed. It is not too dark, but not great.

Is this the general experience?

DJF

Post #126815811th Apr 2014 10:16 am
RW

United Kingdom 2007 LR4 TDV6 HSE Auto ArubaLR4

Is it possible to get hold of NNV504750 code for the IID GAP tool?

Post #126860712th Apr 2014 7:26 am
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
not really open source

quote [Is it possible to get hold of NNV504750 code for the IID GAP tool?] quote

I assume you just download it off the GAP website for the GAP tool, the same as one does off the BlackBox web site for their tools.

I presume each has a proprietary format for their respective files so that they only work in their products, as does Land Rover.

I do not think any of these files are what one would call "open source". Bill Gates certainly knows the value of proprietary format; somehow I do not think the code for XP will be released in my lifetime.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update. 

Last edited by bbyer on 14th May 2014 4:59 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #127276821st Apr 2014 2:19 am
WhalingTDV6

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Hi All,

Does anybody perhaps know why my Aux input is not working after I changed over to the Range Rover software?

Even when it go back to Land Rover Software my Aux in is not working anymore, I used to use the Aux in a lot for my ipod.

Any Ideas? Question

Thanks

Post #12795745th May 2014 6:57 am
Alibaba

Austria 

Hi all,

I have done the Range Rover Mode on Screen with the brightnes fix, thanks wiggs, but i have a Problem with the Phone Book, the contacts show me only three, i can not scroll down. I have the Problem with the Radio or screen to show the contacts, i have a d4 modul. Big Cry

Now my question, which is the best software for the screen to fix this Problem NNV.....??
My car is a TDV8 2008,

Many thanks in advance
sorry for my bad english

Alexander
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129173531st May 2014 9:11 pm
bbyer

What model of cell phone?

The problem might be with the cell phone rather than anything to do with Land Rover or the module software.

I get a full phonebook readout on my radio head display with my BlackBerry 9900 but not with my older BlackBerry 9630.

The problem may also be with some setting within your actual phone - where I would not know, but that can also be a problem. I recall in my BlackBerry there seemed to be a setting that forbid the phonebook from displaying elsewhere - at least that was my interpretation of the meaning of the selection description.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #129175431st May 2014 9:52 pm
Alibaba

Austria 

Hi bbyer,

No its not a problem with the phone, i used i phone 5s and samsung s4, its the same, in this tread is the problem written but not how to fix it realy, i dont found it?..
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129176531st May 2014 10:02 pm
bbyer

link to 58 page thread re the D4 module install

The 58 page link below has about as much on the D4 module topic as you can find anywhere.

Some of the posts talk about difficulty with IPhone products and Bluetooth connections. As to the Android phones, I have not heard too much either way and BlackBerry can be a problem as well.

About all I know is that there is not an easy fix and I doubt it is anything to do with your D4 module. There may be a setting in your vehicle CCF file but to change anything in that you would need something like a Faultmate or Nanocom - but I still think the problem is phone set related.

Reading your post again, I see you have an IDII so you can edit your CCF. I will look at mu CCF and see what I have in it that may be of consequence and then you can check your CCF.

Bye the way, your English is much better than my Austrian and also better than many who were born here in Canada.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53302.html
Post #12918261st Jun 2014 12:55 am
bbyer

A few Infotainment CCF settings.

I looked in my CCF file to see if I could find any settings that looked like they may be of consequence with relation to the phonebook.

Under the Cellular Telephone heading, I used Cellular telephone docking station, with Bluetootheven though I do not have a docking station, but that seems to be the correct choice.

Cellular Telephone Voice Language was an interesting one however. I have mine set to UK English but I suppose yours should be set to German as there is no Austrian. Now that I look at it, I wonder if mine should be set to US English, but all works so I will leave it that way I suppose. Here in Canada, it can be a bit confused but for the most part, we set our computers to US English.

There is another setting somewhat similar called Multi Media Module (HLDF) Country which refers to the NAV display. I have mine set to USA, US territories and Canada but for the EU, I think it should to set to Rest of World
Post #12918301st Jun 2014 5:10 am
Alibaba

Austria 

Hi bbyer,

Thanks for your posts

I looked in my ccf files in the morning, they are the same as you, only the language.
Its always the same problem, the phonebook freeze, then i must the ecu go to sleep, then its ok for view minutes, then again freeze the book or imediately Big Cry Big Cry
Maybe i need a software update from the screen or it is to new, i dont know.
When you have a faultmade, which software do you have in your screen?
I think the software is the same from the radio and the screen, or not, is the radio the software from the audio system, you must know, the iid tool is not the same as the faultmade, its another set menu, but no problem, i found al.
As i understand you have the same system, d4 modul and the phonebook on screen with brightnes fix diode and al works fine in your d3??
I have the premium audio system with TV while driving and ACM modul, this is much electronic in serie behind the radio, maybe to much for the car, you must know this futures ar not going over the most, they are in the cable two ecus, and they works fine.
As i understand must go the phonebook over most, there are not other cables, only two power cables.

Now i go to the lake with my boot and sleeping in the sun over the problem Whistle
Thank you for your answer and what do you mean

Alexander
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #12919441st Jun 2014 12:56 pm
bbyer

No specific software for the Bluetooth but ....

I will try to answer some of your questions but my answers will not solve the problem.

A) I did not do the brightness fix mod as from reading the threads, my 2005 LR3 is I gather too old for it to function correctly. I may be wrong about that but from reading the various threads, it would appear that my 3 is too old for the phonebook to properly display on the NAV screen.

Yes, the phone book displays on the small "radio" screen and also the caller name displays on the small screen between the speedometer and the tachometer, but there is no phone display on the NAV screen. Also I am not certain I want the phone display on the NAV as I like the map display showing all the time and sometimes the 4x4 display as required.

B) If I understand correctly, you have a Range Rover Sport, and hence it surprises me that there would be any need to try the brightness mod. I thought the reason for the mod was to change a D3 setup like I have into something similar to that on the Range Rover Sport.

C) Needless to say I do not have the TV option or even the backup camera however I am going to attempt the backup camera mod in the next few months.

D) Regarding software for the NAV screen, to my knowledge, no software change is required for the Bluetooth as all the required software is already in the Wiggs D4 module; also there is no Bluetooth software yet available for the Nanocom and I assume also the Faultmate.

E) I did not change any software on the NAV to get the Bluetooth working however I did for the NAV on the Move modification. To do that mod, I first had to install the software that is called NAV on the Move and then overwrite it with a flash called YIE500090.

Once YIE500090 was installed, (which consists of 10 files), then the NAV on the Move worked but not before I had loaded YIE500090 back in. This newer software I found under the section called Front Entertainment Control Module but that refers to the screen that I call the NAV.

After the successful YIE500090 download, when I then later checked to see what the software number in the NAV now was, it still showed the previous number, YIE500040. The reason for this is that regardless of what software is installed anywhere in the system, the readout almost always shows the software number the vehicle came with from the factory. This is not good, does not make sense, and is the way it is.

F) The only conductors going to my Wiggs D4 module are the two MOST orange coloured optical conductors and a +12VDC and a ground wire.

Last edited by bbyer on 1st Jun 2014 7:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12920111st Jun 2014 4:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 49 <123 ... 151617 ... 474849>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >