Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Hifi / telephone on satnav screen INCLUDING brightness fix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 17 of 49 <123 ... 161718 ... 474849>
Alibaba

Austria 

Ok, thanks for your answer, i have sat on move, it works also fine, i know that the software is in the bluetooth modul, i have had a D3 nokia modul from wiggs, since two years, but now i wont have the. Screen from ffrr, the nokia modul dosent work in the screen with the phonebook.
So i bought a d4 modul, then it was ok, but not a long time.
In this tread they said or write i need a d4 modul, that was ok, but the other problem is the phonebook.
So i swaped to d3 software now, i need my phonbook because here works al fine, but i search the problem in the future, the iid tool can not update at the moment the nav screen, the gap team works on this future.
So i go to the range rover friends to look which software is there, i mean maybe some other software for the radio or screen is better working between , maybe an older or newer software, i dont know.
Ok thanks for all i will look for this when i have time, tomorrow i must work and must go to the post office, my new amk copressor are there, i will fitt it next weekend and change the oil in the gears Thumbs Up

Alexander
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #12920581st Jun 2014 6:33 pm
Ereinion

Russia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi guys!
Thinking about FFRR mod and have some questions. Some of them new, some was asked in this thread, but I don't understand them fully.

1) If I do the brightness mod, do I need to remove 4th wire?
2) When I will load updated software for display, will the brightness control appear in the settings? As I understand it will, but maximum brightness will not 100% of brightness in D3 mode. Is this correct?
3) I tried FFRR mode with simple removing full 7-pin wire for button panel. Then on working display I reattached it - second button worked as Phone menu button. So I think it is possible to reassign hard button values. Have someone tried?
One of thoughts:
on this photo by v8 louis I see that 7-wire cable on other end has more pin-count connector. How do you think, is this possible to change button values with repinning this connector? Have the original FFRR button panel Home hard button?

v8 louis wrote:

disadvantage: you can not dimm and are always in rr mode

4) With current software I don't have AUX button on screen. S/w update will fix it?

Thanks for answers!
 Discovery 3 V8 HSE "Constellation", 2005MY  
Post #12947527th Jun 2014 6:58 pm
RicoF

Malta 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Did this mod (pulling of 4th wire) today... as apparently only two guys here reported... lost volume control (knob+steering) and also voice command.... HELP!!!

Post #12958769th Jun 2014 9:21 pm
Alibaba

Austria 

Hi RicoF,

i hade no problem with to cut the 4th wire with voice control and the knob + steering, all works fine but i have in the same time changed the bluetooth modul to the new d4, because with the d3 nokia i had no phonebook on the screen, now i have the problem with the freeze the phonebook, because the modul don`t know to bring the numbers in the radio or in the screen. I am looking here for an other software, maybe older or newer.

Have you the old nokia modul?
Have you a switch from the d3 software to the FFrr software with diode for the brightnes fix?
Witch software on the sat nav do you have?? NNV.......
How old the car? Bj Whistle

Alibaba
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129604110th Jun 2014 10:50 am
den2013

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Rico, don't panic, just let the car go to sleep and when you turn it back on you should okay, its to do with they way things are selected such as using the cd player and going back to the radio, i had the same problem but since i don't use the cd player now i have not had a problem. Thumbs Up
 2015 D4 HSE LUX Kaikoura Stone(sold)
2010 D4 S Commercial Santorini Black(SWMBO)(sold)
2014 Evoque Dynamic Kaikoura Stone (sold)
2013 Porsche Boxster S (Fun car)
2008 D3 HSE Java Black(sold) 

Post #129608810th Jun 2014 12:44 pm
Alibaba

Austria 

HI Ereinion,

you must remove the 4th wire to boot up the software in FFrr mode, but it is better to solder a switch between the cable to change from the software d3 and FFrr.
When you cut the 4th wire you have to solder the diode for the brightnes in ffrr mode it is also over the switch, you must look at the other photo from v8louis with switch.
The brightnes control are in the settings in d3 mod and in FFrr mode, but in FFrr mode it is to dark, the settings are not enough, you must solder the diode on the circuit board with a double switch!!
My double switch is in the glove box to change the software d3 / ffrr.

Then you must change on the screen the two buttons, easy, 4 srews, only the icons not at all.

When you have do that and it shows the icon not correct, than you need a software update for the screen! Faultmate or IID TOOL in the future.
The phonebook is only on the screen with the d4 blurtooth modul, d3 nokia no phonebook on the screen. The other problem is the freeze the phonebook on screen, then you must shut down the screen and reboot, but thats no mine, i try an other software, i look for this problem when i have time.
in my opinion, you need a double switch to change the software when you have problems, but change it only when the car is going sleeping with the ecus!!!! Thats important, and sorry for my bad english

Alibaba Rolling with laughter
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129609410th Jun 2014 1:00 pm
Alibaba

Austria 

Hallo den2013,

how works your phonebook on screen in ffrr mode??? is it ok, not freeze?

Alibaba
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129609710th Jun 2014 1:04 pm
den2013

Hello Alibaba,
I do not get the phone book on the screen, i do however get missed, received and dialled come up with the names. On the instrument display i get who is calling and who i am calling.
Other than that i have no freezing, it seems to work very well, but i do not really use the phone much in the car. BTW i am using a iPhone 5

Post #129610910th Jun 2014 1:25 pm
Alibaba

Austria 

Ok thanks,

i think you don`t use the bluetooth modul d4, you have the old nokia from d3, the d4 shows the signal and the provider on screen there was the same as you on my screen, but i wanted the phonebook on my screen, now i have it with the d4 modul, but now i have the problem with freezing, not always, but 8 of 10 times, the modul don`t know where it shows the contacts, in the radio or in the screen, thats the biggest problem.

We will see in the future, i am thinking about of this problem since one month.
I have the IID Tool Pro from Gapp, they will work for a new future to update the screen, i need that to play with older and younger software for the screen, so i must wait a few days for this tool from Gapp, but i have time.

Ok thank you for your answer

Alibaba
 Range Rover Sport TDV8
TV
Screen FFRR
ACM modul
IID TOOL PRO Beta 

Post #129612910th Jun 2014 1:50 pm
RicoF

Yes after going to sleep... both me and my D3... this morning all was fine... slightly dim, but putting the brightness up compensated... so I will do without the diode for now... thx for the reply!

Post #129615610th Jun 2014 2:42 pm
RicoF

Vielen dank!

den2013 wrote:
Rico, don't panic, just let the car go to sleep and when you turn it back on you should okay, its to do with they way things are selected such as using the cd player and going back to the radio, i had the same problem but since i don't use the cd player now i have not had a problem. Thumbs Up

Post #129615710th Jun 2014 2:42 pm
den2013

Thats right Alibaba, i have the updated D3 Nokia as far as i know, it was already in the car when i got it.

No problem RicoF, even after reading everything its gets a bit worrying when it all stops, especially if you have had the music up loud. The diode is only for the brightness fix problem, but when its in from what i understand you can not reconnect the 4th wire, you would need to use the switch if you fit the diode. I tried to do mine at the weekend but my soldering iron is too big to get in the board properly. Big Cry

Post #129617710th Jun 2014 3:17 pm
tom13

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi,

I have become owner of the second hand D3 last week Very Happy
I am happy and I want to resolve all urgent issues as soon as possible Very Happy I know that all have to be ok.

I have made the FFRR mod (sat nat). All is working excellent. The only problem is the phone book is not accessible on the sat nav screen. Should I do any software update or should I change BT module (D4)?

thank you in advance for your comments.
D3 MY07 HSE automatic TDV6 Tonga Green * All on the board (2 labs) * FFRR Mod 

Post #129812514th Jun 2014 7:29 pm
RicoF

You have D3 or D4 module for bluetooth? If D3 it does not come up on screen...

Post #129814014th Jun 2014 8:03 pm
tom13

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi Rico Very Happy
I guess D3’s module (I have not time to check it). So with it is it not possible?
hugs!
D3 MY07 HSE automatic TDV6 Tonga Green * All on the board (2 labs) * FFRR Mod 

Post #129816214th Jun 2014 8:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 17 of 49 <123 ... 161718 ... 474849>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >