DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

UK recalls - 2007/08 HPF Pump - 2006/09 Brake Vacuum Assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 13 <123 ... 8910 111213>
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Safety Recall PO17

highbayrack wrote:
Had a LR recall letter today re brake vacuum issues. Rang my dealer to be told that the parts were on back order and it was unlikely they could book me in before early December Rolling Eyes Has anyone else experienced this delay or is it Bull S Censored t

P017 parts are fine for stock.
P008 Fuel pumps are quite thin on the ground, supplier struggling to keep up with demand

maybe they got there recalls muddled up Rolling Eyes
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #55520323rd Nov 2009 2:45 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

We just got out letter yesterday, double fun as went to london with SWMBO and baby on day off, got back to station car park to find some Censored had driven into the drivers side of the D3, side step took most of the damage (and collected evidence of red paint) but door has nice scuff and is dented where drivers and rear door meet Censored

What I like in particular about the land rover letter, is they waited 2 months to send us ours, but the letter says we should be wary of the symptoms and get it booked in straight away! If its that critical why wait two months to tell us! (well I know why, lack of parts, dealer availability, etc) but still.

Oh well, at least they can quote us to repair the damage to the doors while its in for the recall...

Post #55671627th Nov 2009 9:09 am
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just got mine yesterday also.
Dealer can’t do it till December 7th. No problem as I have no symptoms.
The recall I got is for the P017 ONLY. Am I correct in thinking the P008 recall is for petrel engines? I think that’s the way I read it. Embarassed Question

Thanks.
Rab
 B-A-S Remap Interface giving me control over my remap  
Post #55688627th Nov 2009 4:27 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Think it depends on your VIN, we have a 44xxxx ending VIN and are down for both.

Can't hurt to ask Dealer?

Ours could get us in from next Tuesday onwards which I thought was good, but had to be week after if we wanted courtesy car, so have to wait until then.

I don't think your in any danger of fuel leaks or brake failure in the next two weeks if its made it this far Wink

Post #55690827th Nov 2009 4:48 pm
RMB

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Tallpaul

My Vin is 455xxx I think it is in the list for the 2 recalls.
Phoned dealer but they say no, brake P017 only. When I am not sure I cant very well argue. They should know. I hope. Shocked
If I have to go in again then Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Same as you later date is for coursety car. Cant expect a dealer to have a fleet of em price and all Thumbs Up

Thanks.
Rab
 B-A-S Remap Interface giving me control over my remap  
Post #55693027th Nov 2009 5:09 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Ah, well we are 441xxx and its a 57 plates, so older than yours, maybe you already have a re-designed fuel pump fitted, it would not surprise me, I have read about that issue a few times on the forum seems to have been around a while!

Wonder what I will get, service we always seem to get D3, but for any other work its pot luck and I usually end up with FL2 not a FFRR from experience!

Post #55694527th Nov 2009 5:24 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

My VIN is A460*** on a 57 plate but still no letter. It seems that I only need 1 of the recalls. Will wait and see what comes in the post. It can't take that long to send out all the recalls, can it?
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #55709627th Nov 2009 8:59 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Well its two months from the start of this thread to when we got our letter... Whistle

Post #55714427th Nov 2009 10:05 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
recalls

Got my letter last week for the brake assist pipe, dealers booked me in for 7th.Dec.

I had a problem with high fuel consumption and smell of diesel in the cab early this year, strolled down the dealers who apparently did a dianostic but could'nt find a problem. Still get the smell of diesel and heavy fuel consumption. I tow a 26ft. twin wheel tin shed around quite a bit in the summer diesel consumptin was around 21mpg dropped to 17-18mpg. Normal motorway use has gone from 31mpg to 22mpg. I take it the PO 08 recall will solve this problem, but I have not had any notification to date. Has anyone had a recall letter for the PO 08. I will certainly make an effort to get this done on the 7th.
 Nothing is foolproof as the ingenuity of fools is endless.

2012 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury 

Post #55800330th Nov 2009 11:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GW7AAV

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I just had mine done and it now stops. It makes me realise just how ruddy dangerous it was before. I had completely modified my driving style to compensate, but I should have dumped it when it first scarred the pants off me. I guess I loved it too much but I love it even more now.
 Best regards Steve GW7AAV
http://www.gw7aav.com
http://www.cqhq.co.uk 

Post #55802730th Nov 2009 12:15 pm
cobblers

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Mine's gone in today for P017 to be done, it was supposed to be ready for early this afternoon.

I had a call this morning to say that the oil had migrated to the Servo also and that a part would need to be ordered for fitting tommorow, I was offered the option to pick up my car again or leave it until the part was in.

I have a couple of questions which I'd be grateful if anyone has an opinion or view on.

1. I thought the Servo was part of the standard parts list for P017. Have I misunderstood the recall.

2. Would the vehicle have been safe if I had picked it up. (certainly the times I've nearly sailed into junctions under braking make me think not and I should have taken it in earlier).

Cheers

Post #5586781st Dec 2009 5:36 pm
Ade

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Does anyone know if you can buy the replacement pipe seperatley?

As my D3 has oil in the pipe but is not within the VIN range Sad

Post #5586901st Dec 2009 5:57 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Ade, I know you have an 05, but might be worth contacting LR customer services to say you have the recall problem on a model outside the range?

Worst case they may offer for dealer to inspect if for you FOC?

Post #5586981st Dec 2009 6:12 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There are a lot of these outside the VIN. I suppose LR are just waiting for a major accident before including them. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5590032nd Dec 2009 12:27 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Or some VOSA safety reports? Whistle

Post #5591482nd Dec 2009 10:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 13 <123 ... 8910 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >