Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

UK recalls - 2007/08 HPF Pump - 2006/09 Brake Vacuum Assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213
trigram

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi,

Can someone post the vin range for vehicles concerned in the po17v6_uk recall?

thanks

Embarassed - found it now trawling those all the posts...
 "...I'm so broke I can't even pay attention..."  
Post #76175315th Feb 2011 12:41 am
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just been advised that my vehicle is affected.

According to VOSA's website range is SALLAAA345A000001 to SALLAAA149A513325

Post #8319725th Sep 2011 11:19 pm
reggwensie

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I just had a recall notice from Land Rover for the brake servo/vacuum line problem. Seems strange that this recall has been going on for two years.

At least they offered to collect the vehicle, saving me a 60 mile round trip.
 Fraser 

Last edited by reggwensie on 21st Nov 2011 5:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #86154721st Nov 2011 4:53 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

And you might get a brand new master servo out of it.

I know i did! Thumbs Up
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail [email protected] 

Post #86154921st Nov 2011 4:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Draak

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Guys well im pleased im here reading all the threads i have recieved the recal and to be honest i thought there was not a problem, how ever on a 200 ml trip i was luckily Rolling Eyes only travelling at 60mph when some phalic headed inividual decided to pull out on me Mad i slammed on the brakes and all was good for about half a second and then the pedal became rock hard and i could not increase the braking pressure another stab at the pedal did avert what was looking like the end for my beloved landy, how ever i did get the feeling from the brake pedal it was pushing back at me. Shocked
So advise if you get the letter get it sorted Thumbs Up
 You dont just BUY a Discovery you just get a new hobby
Stage 2 superchips (bespoke)
Bigger intercooler
exhaust mods
egrs removed
Decat
20's
Brembo's RR SC conversion 

Post #90143825th Feb 2012 10:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
minty

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Hi all,
great forum, I can see I have a lot of reading to do but in the mean time I have a question.
I am just about to dip my toe into the world of Land Rovers with the potential purchase of an 06 / 56 Disco 3 Hse with 91k on the clock.
My question is, is there any way of telling weather this recall has been performed as on the test drive I had a bit of a moment when the car seemed to suffer brake fade and I just managed to stop at a roundabout Shocked . This only happened once and I put it down to my own inexperience Embarassed with driving such a heavy vehicle but now I am not so sure.
many thanks in advance.
Steve

Post #9386264th Jun 2012 9:46 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There will be some plastic plumbing in the engine bay, very obvious above the engine cover on drivers side.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #9386404th Jun 2012 10:58 pm
minty

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks for the reply caverD3,
I din't suppose anyone has any before and after pics or pics highlighting the relevant hoses as i have never looked under the bonnet of a Disco3.

Steve

Post #9387305th Jun 2012 12:33 pm
24razor

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Vac pump oil in line

I develop automotive vac pump & this is a more common occurance than you might imagine.

If I recall, it's a Bosch vac pump on the Diesels. What's likely happened is the check valve/ non-return valve of the pump has had some sort of failure - and this can be intermittent & either instantaneous, or a gradual build up over time. If gradual, over time the oil migrates to the booster, and the diaphragm of the booster is held in place by EPDM seal....which swells with oil contact, hence the problem.

The failure will ultimately feel like a "hard pedal" as though the engine is switched off. Brakes (through hydraulics) are still there, but you have to push mighty hard.

Vac pump can be found driven off the camshaft & at the rear of the engine - not where all the belts are. Oil in the line should be fairly evident from a wetness on both the connector housed in the pump, and the connector of the brake line - this should be the larger of the 2 connectors on the pump (If memory serves me correct there's 2 inlet lines to this pump & they use "quick-connects, which can be removed simply by depressing little square "buttons").

The V8 petrols have an electric vac pump for suplementry vacuum as not enough is acheived by the engine alone so the vac line should be free of oil for petrols.

Post #9388325th Jun 2012 5:50 pm
gus88

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

So after being advised the gurggling sound from my D3 was most likely down to this recall, I booked my D3 into sheilds in glasgow. They seamed pretty sketchy that it would be covered under the recall as "their system was down" when i called and couldnt check anything.

My VIN is outwith the stated range (135A322XXX), but from previous post i can se fellow O5 plate owners getting the work done under recall.

If the stealers aim to charge me, whats the best advise to get them to cover it under the recall?

Post #96095031st Jul 2012 1:17 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

It is a safety recall and you have the same issue. Keep telling the dealer the vehicle is dangerous. Tell VOSA anyway if yours is outside VIN range and if inside ask why has it not been done.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #96096531st Jul 2012 1:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >