Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

UK recalls - 2007/08 HPF Pump - 2006/09 Brake Vacuum Assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Recall PO27 & PO08

Just dropped my Disco off at the dealers for recall PO27, enquired about HPF Pump recall PO08 as mine falls witin the vin numbers given. I was informed that my one did not require any work done on the pump, there was no recall for my particular vehicle. Apparently LR believe that only a limited amount of pumps will be effected. The pump if effected will break down internally and just stop. There will be no external signs. No leaks nothing.

I find it hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!, any other theories or knowledge would be gratefully received.

Billy B
 Nothing is foolproof as the ingenuity of fools is endless.

2012 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury 

Post #5614427th Dec 2009 11:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

If it is within the VIN numbers then they should fix. Doesn't make sense. Confused
Speak to VOSA?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5614487th Dec 2009 11:31 am
Adrian L

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I just bought an 05 Model on Auction

Found brakes going to floor, checked vacuum line full of oil.

Auctioneer says tough and LR says its pre recall so they cant fix unless I pay.

What is the problem and what would I need to replace. I don't wont to go the the stealers as
A. they will replace everything since I am paying and
B. I won't to be able to repair it in the bush should this fault ever reoccur.
 ï¿½I will go anywhere, as long as it be forward.� David Livingstone 

Last edited by Adrian L on 7th Dec 2009 12:10 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5614527th Dec 2009 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Should be a recall for all VINs prior to the recall. LR are taking a huge risk.
Mione was charged to my extended warranty.
Do you have a equivelent to VOSA ot DOTARS as it is here?
Write a letter to LR SA stating your case and cc the relevent government dept. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5614597th Dec 2009 12:04 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Adrian L wrote:
What is the problem and what would I need to replace. I don't wont to go the the stealers as
A. they will replace everything since I am paying and
B. I won't to be able to repair it in the bush should this fault ever reoccur.

Just drive it through the dealers front window, when they ask what happened say the brakes failed and your calling the police, might focus their mind?! Rolling Eyes

Post #5614647th Dec 2009 12:18 pm
Adrian L

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I wish........... Laughing

Anyone got any ideas on what part they replace and part numbers, I am going to have a bash at doing it myself.

Got no Censored brakes anyway so how much worse can I make it.
 ï¿½I will go anywhere, as long as it be forward.� David Livingstone  
Post #5614827th Dec 2009 1:10 pm
caverD3

Vehicles produced between - November 2005 and April 2007 (LA367110-LA440000 and
LS929086-LS117000)
Oil may migrate from the engine driven vacuum pump and collect in the brake booster. This may
cause a progressive loss of brake assistance, resulting in hard brake pedal and increased
stopping distances for the same pedal effort.
In extreme cases, engine oil may migrate from the brake booster to the brake master cylinder
which may lead to a loss of one or both of the foundation brake system hydraulic brake circuits.
This therefore, may lead to increased brake pedal travel, increased stopping distances and, in
the event of both primary and secondary brake master cylinder seal failure, a total loss of service
brakes.

From UK recall:

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/attach...1255340960
with instructions.

I would be making them fix it. Do you have dept of consumer affairs or fair trading?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #5616347th Dec 2009 7:49 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Recall Brake assist

Just picked my Disco up from the dealers, all completed.
I enquired if my one had any oil in the pipes or servo, apparently as dry as a bone, no problems there then.
Another new drivers inner door seal fitted, apparently LR have changed their suppliers and the new one is much stronger, I won't hold my breath on that one. The water leak from the rear satellite module on the roof has been fixed so no more water should drip from the rear interior light.

I again questioned the RO08 recall(Fuel Pump) and it was explained to me in great detail that LR were aware of the pump serial no.s in relation to the vehicle vin no.s and recalls were only being made in relation to those vehicles which were fitted with these individual pumps. So apparently no worries for the rest of us.

Could'nt find my disco in the car park? Some fool had washed it, have'nt seen it shiney since the summer finished. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Billy B
 Nothing is foolproof as the ingenuity of fools is endless.

2012 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury 

Post #5620388th Dec 2009 3:13 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Ours is in tomorrow, just wondering if the aux battery will be in the way of the brake servo, oh well I am sure they will call if they want to know how to isolate the battery...

Post #5620568th Dec 2009 4:49 pm
Iain G

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

I got my letter today.

I did check my vacuum pipe for oil a few weeks ago out of curiosity. There was a 'trace' of oil, by that I mean it just coated the outside of a cotton wool bud. So I expect the vacuum pump to be replaced and servo if it is deemed to have been in contact with the oil. Knowing my local stealers they will say it is all fine - or does the recall mean they have to renew the pump regardless of any oil deposits? The letter doesn't clarify this.

Iain

Post #5622118th Dec 2009 10:21 pm
Hobgoblin

Location: As always, in the sh*t, it's only the depth that varies

Spain 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

No, when mine went in for this the pump was clean so they just replaced the pipe which has a modified valve.

Regards
Paul
 I'm not as good as I once was........but I'm as good once as I ever was.  
Post #5622218th Dec 2009 10:28 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

Wish me luck guys, The cars booked into Stratstones Milton Keynes on Friday for the brake re-call, as my own supplying dealer, Hartwell Northampton, cannot do it until January 2010 and I only booked it in with them during October. Well to be fair to Hartwell they could have done it on the 18th Dec, but they didn't have a loan car till January Rolling with laughter Guess who won't be getting my D4 order - answers on a post card please to; the DP@ Hartwell Northampton Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #5623169th Dec 2009 12:11 am
Barry C-All

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Caver D3,
Would you happen to have the instruction web page for the HPF Pump POO8 recall, as with the P017 page.

Thanks, Barry. Question Bow down

Post #5623319th Dec 2009 1:32 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Well I stop/started my way here in a Freelander2, so hopefully the recall goes ok today. Lancaster Reading had no issues fitting me in the week after I called them, no mention of parts shortage, only wait was if you wanted a courtesy car.

Post #5623939th Dec 2009 10:41 am
caverD3

Sorry can't find it at the moment. Could be on other PC. I'll look after the w/e.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #5624169th Dec 2009 12:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >