DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Scottish independence
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 23 of 361 <123 ... 222324 ... 359360361>
JMC

Scotland 

Robbie wrote:
Well it is a national hobby.

This report says nothing of the 'nationality' of the murderers. I know of several 'incidents' north of Gretna which didn't involve Scots.

This sort of stuff does nothing really to add to the debate and in fact, it potentially shows why Westminster policies don't have a 'national UK' effect. If they did, perhaps the murder rate would be uniform. Also, it's well proven that social deprevation goes hand in hand with crime. There are parts of Glasgow where 51% of children are born into poverty and the average male life expectancy is worse than that in Mumbai. Sad
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #123837917th Feb 2014 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

DSL wrote:
Though "STERLING" needs to be changed to "STIRLING". Whistle

That's excactly what I responded with, but stopped when I pressed preview and found I'd been beaten to it.
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #123838117th Feb 2014 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #123838417th Feb 2014 10:48 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #123838617th Feb 2014 10:49 pm
KenR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

JMC wrote ............Why should a Scottish referendum have been granted this honour, when no general election or European election did or does to this day?

???? Salmond giving the vote to 16 year olds???

Post #123838817th Feb 2014 10:50 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
JMC...

I printed out your script & read this few times.....
Actually the outcome of the vote that Scots seem to see as democratic probably means zero or less to most of the population in the rest of the UK.
They see Scotland as a mere district not as an independent nation & providing it doesn't affect them they couldn't give two hoots...by affect them I mean in their pocket.
The political factors mean even more less than zero...the reasons that are trotted out .....I have to admit are only being put over by Mr Salmond (maybe King Salmond)....or the cold fish Ms Sturgeon....

Most here south of the border dont see the arguments as being valid...if they are bothered at all
The economic one is a load of boloney - & the fact that it doesn't hold anything like logic, being thought out, viable or even basically practical is now very evident. This who want independence want what they want i.e political independence but with strings...i.e with the link to the rest of whats left (their cake & the halfpenny) they arent prepared to commit to independence unless they have more than the half way house...still have the UK pound...so this who want independence BE BRAVE....go independent without the currency link...if you really think that its worth it COMMIT YOURSELVES.
The go it alone one is an even bigger load of tripe...do independents really think that Scotland even matters in the scheme of things...in small everyday things or the larger things that are very prevalent ......Scotland means ZERO...to most other countries that count in the scheme of things....Mr Salmond or whoever won't be included in anything that counts or is current. G7, NATO, the EU, UN, UN Security Council, whatever else.

Just what is being proposed..
is Independent Scotland going to be part of the Commonwealth ?....it shouldn't be automatic if you want out go out stay out ...some may even say Censored off with an eft
is Independant Scotland going to have the Queen as the head of state ?....if its yes than whats the change all about if its no its shameful considering the past that Scots independents seem to want to jettison so readily......based on a weird version of history....
Is Independent Scotland intending to be a republic ?......prone to coup de etats & the usual political uncertainties that republics are all about...or is it to be a military Junta...
Mr Salmon is seen as a lot (not a bit) of a dictator that doesn't listen to the vote no's in what he sees as his part of the UK...he doesnt want to know...hardly democratic....more like a demagog....
what is being seen currently is a bit 3rd Reich-ish
that if it were to succeed may (or most likely will) leave a trail of mayhem....that to advantage some (the few) will disadvantage others (the not so few)

Mr Salmon is a prick of the first order, extrordinaire, with oak leaves
...in times past he would have either been vilified as an (total) idiot or strung up for treason...maybe both

Good Luck...
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #123839817th Feb 2014 11:01 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

Though "STERLING" needs to be changed to "STIRLING". Whistle

Whistle Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #123839917th Feb 2014 11:03 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

JMC wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Well it is a national hobby.

There are parts of Glasgow where 51% of children are born into poverty and the average male life expectancy is worse than that in Mumbai. Sad

will indépendance cure or even affect that in any way ?

if it will HOW ?
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #123840017th Feb 2014 11:03 pm
JMC

Scotland 

DG wrote:

I've argued for having a FFRR since I could drive. There is a strong arguement for me using a Daewoo instead........

Your point is? Confused
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #123840717th Feb 2014 11:11 pm
JMC

Scotland 

KenR wrote:
???? Salmond giving the vote to 16 year olds???

You can get married in Scotland at 16. Rightly or wrongly, I see every reason for the age of consent to be recognised across many areas. Perosnally, I'd rather see everything going towards 18, but that's not my say. If you can get married, get a job, join the army and pay tax, then you should be allowed to vote on what's done with the rest of the adult world.
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #123841417th Feb 2014 11:14 pm
sacimiddx

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

My head wants England to remain in a union with Scotland

But it's hard to ignore the hate that eminates from many Scots - I don't believe it is reciprocal

In the end the heart starts to rule the head and I think well go then - but I think it's a big mistake for both countries and maybe more for Scotland Sad
 Illegitimi Non Carborundum  
Post #123841517th Feb 2014 11:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

JMC wrote:

Your point is? Confused

My point is he's a two faced lying Censored Thumbs Up Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #123841817th Feb 2014 11:17 pm
A.J.M

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

So what currency do we use then?

We can't use the pound and we can't use the Euro.
Do we make our own, with the risks that brings being a brand new currency, with no back ups, large interest to borrow..

The large debt you speak of was largely run up from 2002-2010 by Gordon Brown, of Labour fame. Also a Scot..
Given how historically Labour make an Censored of the economy and the Tories fix it, plus the chance of a Scottish Tory gov being as high as DSL's car making a car without a breakdown... Whistle then Labour will get in again. Turn on the public spending taps and hose the economy up the wall. Again.

The SNP want to have a higher public sector, with lower taxes... put their faith in oil which goes up/down in price. How does that work?

Salmond though needs to stop lying to the people of Scotland, there will be no sharing of the pound, it would never and will never work, we will need to re-apply to the EU, that is fact, Spain will also never cast a vote for our entry back in. Its Salmond that wants to leave the union. He has a strange concept of Divorce though as he seems to think that his ex will be fine sharing the bank account and will pick up the tab if he over spends on the credit card. The Salmond idea of leaving home is that mummy will still do the washing and pop round with your dinner every night and dad will bail you out if it all gets to much. Not really Independence, if we want it we must accept that we are on our own, end of.

My vote is NO. It has always been NO, and shall always remain. NO.

Funny how Salmond can call Cameron all sorts of names, the UK gov all sorts of names, but when they get told NO, to sharing a currency. He calls bullying... Rolling Eyes Whistle
 In loving memory of FA54WSK.

Rest well old friend, your work is done. 

Post #123843117th Feb 2014 11:25 pm
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

JMC wrote:
It is widely accepted on both sides that Scotland raises more in tax than it spends (GERS report)

I had a longer reply but lost it, probably to the relief of many! Wink

However, on this one (rather pertinent, unlike many of the others) 'fact' you appear to be at odds to the most recent (estimated set of public sector accounts for Scotland authored by the Scottish Government) GERS report which states in the executive summary:
GERS wrote:
In 2011-12, the estimated current budget balance for the public sector in Scotland was a deficit of £14.0 billion (11.2% of GDP) excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £13.0 billion (10.2% of GDP) including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £3.4 billion (2.3% of GDP) including an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue.

In 2011-12, Scotland’s estimated net fiscal balance was a deficit of £18.2 billion (14.6% of GDP) when excluding North Sea revenue, a deficit of £17.2 billion (13.5% of GDP) when including a per capita share of North Sea revenue or a deficit of £7.6 billion (5.0% of GDP) when a geographical share of North Sea revenue is included.

I've highlighted the areas where it says Scotland was running a deficit, and I'm pretty sure, as a publication of the Scottish Government, it would herald a surplus with big and emboldened typefaces...but it doesn't. Maybe, just maybe there isn't one?
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Last edited by highlands on 17th Feb 2014 11:28 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #123843217th Feb 2014 11:26 pm
JMC

Scotland 
Re: JMC...

I'm snipping your post for effect:
BLFarrar wrote:
means zero or less to most of the population in the rest of the UK.
They see Scotland as a mere district
they couldn't give two hoots...
Mr Salmond (maybe King Salmond)....or the cold fish Ms Sturgeon....
Most here south of the border dont see the arguments as being valid...if they are bothered at all
load of boloney
The go it alone one is an even bigger load of tripe...
do independents really think that Scotland even matters in the scheme of things...
Scotland means ZERO...to most other countries that count in the scheme of things
Mr Salmon is seen as a lot (not a bit) of a dictator
what is being seen currently is a bit 3rd Reich-ish
Mr Salmon is a prick of the first order, extrordinaire, with oak leaves

THIS my friend is EXACTLY why we want/need independence.

When rUK looses 10% of it's GDP, looses the foundations upon which its £1.3Trillion debt is based (oil reserves), doubles its balance of payments deficit overnight, finds its interest rates heading skyward to stem the flow of sterling to 'anything else please' by foreign investors and struggles to turn on a light switch, perhaps I'll come back and remind you WHY SCOTLAND MATTERS MORE THAN ZERO. Twisted Evil
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #123843517th Feb 2014 11:27 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 23 of 361 <123 ... 222324 ... 359360361>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >