Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

D4 Bluetooth module in D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 52 of 81 <123 ... 515253 ... 798081>
geoff.

England 

you must take out completely the after market kit wiring Thumbs Up

what phone are you using and make sure your contacts are stored on the phone and not on the sim Thumbs Up

Post #109203822nd Apr 2013 11:16 am
jhaddock

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Thank you for a quick response. Thumbs Up I will unplug 3 wires that I left connected to the back of the radio unit and see how it works. my phone is a motorola rzar android system. I have check and all contacts are stored in the phone not in the sim.

Post #109213922nd Apr 2013 3:03 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Mic wont work until you swap it to the car wiring and enable it .

Small screen on dash only shows contacts ... Bit you need make sure there working on the radio screen first

To check them ... Pair up phone .. Give it a couple of mins then press the phone button on radio .. Then turn the right hand stereo knob either way
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #109214022nd Apr 2013 3:05 pm
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ok so the saga continues (using autologic)...................

Well thanks to the legend that is Mr Wiggs Bow down since Friday the BT seems to be working really well. Phone pairs every time I get in the car and doesn't ever seem to drop the pairing. All calls seem to be routing through the car and I can hear the caller crystal clear. We would have never figured the settings out on our own so thanks again Wink

However still havent got around the fact that no-one can hear me Sad

It would seem that autologic only picked certain settings to add to its product from the Landrover iSS system and mic enablement in the info-taiment config wasnt one of them Big Cry

Haven't given up yet tho. The really helpful guy at my local indy has the same outlook as me: everything is a challenge now and we wont be beaten. He has been in contact with autologic programming direct and they are writing him a add on patch to his autologic system that should have the further info-tainment settings.

And thanks Comc for you're initial concern but it would appear now that the initial charge of half an hours "autologic book time" is going to be the only charge. (however I have got a carton of beers ready for hand over on successful completion for all his extra work to get the job done!)

Fingers crossed my trip back tomorrow should be the final one and hopefully it will all be working. I will of course keep you updated of progress.............

Just a final thought. I do find it slightly interesting that when I went in to see the service department at my local main dealer to explain that I just needed the mic enabled following a land rover product install the guys there treated me like I was from another planet. Shocked

Their senior technician was wheeled out to find out what I was talking about and apparently in 18 years of working with Landrover he had never heard of anyone changing a cars settings?!

Cant fault my main dealers parts guys.... helpful as can be.... not sure about the service guys tho?! Seems like if its over 3 years old or it didnt come out of the box like that they're not interested.

Its not even as if I was trying to "butcher" their product with some dodgy aftermarket gear. Everything I put in to the truck is original LR product 99% of which I bought new from their own parts dept!

Any I wonder why my local indy has such a strong and loyal trade. Nothing so far has been impossible.......just in their words "a challenge"

Post #109237122nd Apr 2013 8:54 pm
Comc

Scotland 

Glad to hear you are 99% finished Thumbs Up

Sounds like you have a decent indy there.
 Colin
Sunroof Drains Cleared
BAS EGR Blanking Kit Installed
Perm Live Aux "Link"
DVD Player Installed
LED sidelights, front indicators, side repeaters, number plate lights, interior lighting done
De-IrnBru'd Headlights
D4 Rear Lights
Belts Changed by Indy
Dr Tranny added to Gearbox
Aftermarket LR Bluetooth Kit removed and D4 Module installed
Suspension Compressor Dryer Overhaul
Front Fog Light Loom Repaired
Drivers Heated Seat Base Replaced

To do:
Remap 

Post #109243422nd Apr 2013 9:37 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

kes1907

Are you sure the mic is working as the early D3's had a break in the loom for the mic and the quick fix is to run another loom from the mic to the back of the IHU..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #109260123rd Apr 2013 9:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kes1907

Er..ok... Probably being really thick so bear with me please but.....IHU????

Is there anyway I can test to he mic before I have to pull the headliner out to sort a new loom?

Hadn't thought of a dodgy mic or loom yet. The mic I bought was new from LR and I just thought as the car had no voice control or PTI it was an enablement issue.

Hhhuummmpppphhh.......not really to good with looms, can only do very basic electrics?!

Rolling Eyes nervous about my imminent return to the garage now. Smile

Post #109262723rd Apr 2013 10:46 am
jhaddock

wiggs wrote:
Mic wont work until you swap it to the car wiring and enable it .

Small screen on dash only shows contacts ... Bit you need make sure there working on the radio screen first

To check them ... Pair up phone .. Give it a couple of mins then press the phone button on radio .. Then turn the right hand stereo knob either way

Thank you Bow down , now I can see and scroll through the contacts within the radio. Still not seen anything in the small screen on dash. I have swap the mic to the car wiring but I am afraid that the iidtool can not enable the mic, at least i don't see it in the available menu ( I don't have access to a Faultmate). Is there a way to connect the mic that I got from the aftermarket kit to the system in such a way not needing to be enable? Maybe that is forum member Flack referring in conversation above?

Post #109263523rd Apr 2013 11:24 am
wiggs

no you need to connect it to the car loom .

send gap an email ..im sure they will be able to up update the software to make it work .

to get contacts on small lcd screen ...when on radio / cd ..pull the green phone switch on steering wheel once ...then use the left and right buttons on steering wheel ( bottom right ) to scroll through .

when you have the number you want showing on display ...pull green button again to dial

oh ...if you have left the old car kit connected any ware then the sterring wheel buttons may not work correctly
Post #109269423rd Apr 2013 1:10 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I'm 99.9% sure you can enable the microphone with IID Tool, it's the "Voice Control" option in the ACM settings.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #109272323rd Apr 2013 1:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

Voice control and microphone are normally 2 different settings
Post #109272523rd Apr 2013 1:58 pm
jhaddock

wiggs wrote:

Thank you wiggs Thumbs Up
I can confirm, at least from my experience, that enabling voice control with iidtool does not enable the car mic. I will try contact Gap people.
Cheers

Post #109277623rd Apr 2013 4:00 pm
kes1907

Well, don't know if anyone is having the same issues I was but I am pleased to say.........IT WORKS!!!......auto logic had written a patch to enable mic and it seems to have done the trick.

Initially it still wasn't working but thanks to Flack and some pretty quick telephone advice from Mr Wiggs a faulty loom was found to be the final issue.

There was continuity between the mic in the overhead console and the large connector block behind the a pillar trim but when I tested the continuity between the lower half of the connector block and the back of the stereo there was nothing!

Hour and a half later and a newly spliced connection and I was having telephone conversations from my car!

Only issue I have is that I only seem to have numbers and phone messages etc on the radio screen.......I get nothing on the small LCD screen in the binnacle. pulling the green steering wheel button activates the phone ok but the steering wheel left and right buttons do nothing............tbh it's not really going to bother me as I have a working system and I don't tend to use the steering wheel controls anyway. Not sure if it is another thing that faultmate would have sorted over autologic but nevermind I can make and receive calls just fine and I'm happy to glance at the radio screen if I need to find the number

Post #109284023rd Apr 2013 6:05 pm
wiggs

Proberly need a software update on the IHU ( radio )
Post #109289623rd Apr 2013 7:44 pm
jhaddock

wiggs wrote:

Got an email from GAP support and can confirm they have added this feature (active mic) by issuing an update to the IIDTool firmware (updater2). Now it can be done. Thumbs Up

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to unplugged the pins from the 12 pin radio unit plug. I need to unplugged 3 cables (red, black, yellow) which are part of the bluetooth aftermarket kit I am trying to completely unplugged from the system so the new D4 module can work as expected.
Thank you

Post #109293423rd Apr 2013 8:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 52 of 81 <123 ... 515253 ... 798081>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >