Post #108666211th Apr 2013 2:08 pm
Lefrog

Guernsey 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #108666311th Apr 2013 2:15 pm
filippos

Greece 

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, I am trying to contact Wiggs but need to make three posts. So here goes the first one.

thanks, Very Happy

philip

Post #108755313th Apr 2013 12:41 pm
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sad it didn't work Big Cry

Ok so anyone got any ideas? I got all the bits together, installed them as per the instructions, went and had it enabled. My phone found it initially, made and received a call to check it all worked, went in paid the man for his time(for the enabling) and started to drive home feeling quite pleased with my new install!.......the my phone rang...... Crying or Very sad ........not my car......my phone!

It was no longer paired to my car....in fact it couldn't find my car anymore, so I turned around and went straight back again.

The man scratched his head, said very strange, ok let's have another go, re-enabled it and yep I connected again, but only for a bit, then I lost it again, and now it cannot be found. We tried with my iPhone 4S and his android. Neither of us can see the car anymore. When I pull the steering wheel button my screen says no phone connected " or something very similar ". I have no voice control as it was an S spec (with hi line tho) so I get no audible warning.

I know there is power at the BT unit and the MOST connections seem ok. The fuses are intact and when you pull the power to the BT unit, I lose stereo sound (I'm guessing that's normal?).

The guy at the garage said he remembered pairing issues with some of the software and thought that the BT module may need an upgrade. But he said that would be an couple hours job and obviously would be much more expensive and may not even cure the problem. I've gone for the D4 module hoping I would get the earlier issues.

Anyone got any ideas? Faulty BT module perhaps? I did get it from eBay a couple of weeks ago so that may end up being a nightmare scenario in itself!?

Kyle

Post #109090719th Apr 2013 9:04 pm
Comc

Scotland 

Kyle, I had a similar issue to you at first.

Asked my indy to try to enable my setup when it was in getting the belt work done. He agreed to have a go although he hadn't tried it before and he was using Autologic and not a Faultmate.

When I went to pick it up he said he had been successful and he had successfully paired his iPhone to the car. Great I thought. I tried to find the bBTwith my then phone and wwasn't successful. Thought it was just my phone playing up and asked him to demonstrate with his phone. Which he did successfully.

Took the car away, thinking I would try SWMBO phone when I got home....... It couldn't find the BT either.

It was almost as if the Autologic couldn't quite fully enable the setup.

I finally got it sorted by finding a kind forum member with a faultmate and ensured the settings were updated correctly (I stood with him whilst he was updating it armed with instructions). Job done Thumbs Up it was then fully operational and now works a treat.

Which type of enabling kit was your guy using? And were all the necessary settings correctly updated?
 Colin
Sunroof Drains Cleared
BAS EGR Blanking Kit Installed
Perm Live Aux "Link"
DVD Player Installed
LED sidelights, front indicators, side repeaters, number plate lights, interior lighting done
De-IrnBru'd Headlights
D4 Rear Lights
Belts Changed by Indy
Dr Tranny added to Gearbox
Aftermarket LR Bluetooth Kit removed and D4 Module installed
Suspension Compressor Dryer Overhaul
Front Fog Light Loom Repaired
Drivers Heated Seat Base Replaced

To do:
Remap 

Post #109092419th Apr 2013 9:25 pm
kes1907

Doh!!!

Autologic it was Rolling Eyes . My nearest fault mate member lives in Kent apparently. Auto logic was suggested by another member on here as it may have been a viable alternative and there was rumour of very large bills for faultmate time Sad

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and seek out a faultmate.

Seemed ok as I watched the install and the auto logic did seem to have all the required fields.

Thanks for letting me know though. Was starting to get a little despondent Big Cry

Post #109093519th Apr 2013 9:32 pm
Comc

Scotland 

It would be interesting to hear if other members on here who have carried out this mod, have had their set up successfully enabled with Autologic?

There is maybe a knack to it, that is not widely known.

Good luck with your search for a faultmate Thumbs Up

By the way, the guy who charged you for enabling it with the Autologic........ Did he not feel it appropriate not to charge you, considering the update was not successful?
 Colin
Sunroof Drains Cleared
BAS EGR Blanking Kit Installed
Perm Live Aux "Link"
DVD Player Installed
LED sidelights, front indicators, side repeaters, number plate lights, interior lighting done
De-IrnBru'd Headlights
D4 Rear Lights
Belts Changed by Indy
Dr Tranny added to Gearbox
Aftermarket LR Bluetooth Kit removed and D4 Module installed
Suspension Compressor Dryer Overhaul
Front Fog Light Loom Repaired
Drivers Heated Seat Base Replaced

To do:
Remap 

Post #109094619th Apr 2013 9:43 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

First off there are no updates for the D4 module ... So don't let him take money for doing nothing .

Auto logic has to be up to date ... If he's not paid for updates then your fighting a loosing battle .

From experience ... They automatically set the setting as Bluetooth ..NO docking station ... We're as it needs to be set WITH a docking station ( even though you don't have one )

Oh ... I can bet you £10 I know who scared you into not using faultmate caus it was too expensive Whistle
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #109096219th Apr 2013 9:56 pm
kes1907

Comc wrote:

By the way, the guy who charged you for enabling it with the Autologic........ Did he not feel it appropriate not to charge you, considering the update was not successful?

Erm well kind of. It is my local Indy.....he charged me for the initial half hour before I drove off thinking it was all working.....when I returned he didn't charge me for the following half hour or so we fiddled with it and couldn't get it working again.

Not sure what the charge is going to be if I return and he tries to update the BT module. He wanted me to go away and try to find the VIN of the D4 the module came from. Apparently there is a software update database that LR produce that will tell you which software version you need to be running to pair with particular phones without issues.

I bought the module from the bay so there is no way I'm going to be able to trace the history of the module. I'm not really sure that this is going to be the issue anyway?

I think that what you were saying about autologic vs faultmate makes sense. As I said the module seems to be doing something as there is an effect when you take it out of the system and everyone on here seems to suggest faultmate as the way to get this kit working. Until I'd got a pm about autologic from a well meaning and helpful member I'd never seen anyone talk about it as an alternative before ( but then I am very new to this forum Laughing )

Post #109096819th Apr 2013 10:03 pm
kes1907

Laughing
I was hoping you would grace us with your presence Mr Wiggs..........the oracle is with us!!

Yep you are correct, I saw him set it as Bluetooth-no docking station. I assumed this was correct as you rightly said I don't have one!

Would autologic work if this setting was changed? The Indy told me during our conversation how much he pays annually to keep it updated so I guess he is using up to date software. The Indy I went to is pretty well known around here and has a good reputation. It would be miles/hours to get to Geoff (obviously worth it from my point of view however SWMBO is already raising an eyebrow at how much time is being spent fiddling with a truck I bought as "everything I need already in it" Laughing and I don't think I'd get away with- just need to pop 150 miles to fiddle with the car dear)

As for the member........well he seemed pretty well meaning to me but I am only new and there is obviously some history I don't know about.....friend of yours was he? Whistle

Post #109097519th Apr 2013 10:15 pm
wiggs

Yes .. Get him to set it to Bluetooth with docking station ... That will cure the problem Thumbs Up

Auto logic can enable it ... Just needs the right settings enabled .

As for the member Whistle well I won't go there
Post #109098719th Apr 2013 10:41 pm
IroningMan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

MY 08 HSE; am I right in thinking that there is no fix for the Blackberry problem - currently I have to get the Blackberry to look for and fail to connect to the car every time before I unlock the doors, after which it usually connects automatically once the doors are opened - or does the D4 module address this?

Post #109101420th Apr 2013 12:20 am
wiggs

D4 module works a lot better with the blackberry Thumbs Up
Post #109105020th Apr 2013 7:22 am
IroningMan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Cheers Wiggs.

It's not top of my priority list, but I'll get to it.

Post #109133920th Apr 2013 8:39 pm
jhaddock

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

wiggs wrote:
No problem Thumbs Up ... Let us know when it's up and running

Hello:
I am trying to change my Bluetooth settings from the LR aftermarket kit (AMK) to the factory settings following kindly instructions and suggestions here. Right now I have disconnected the AMK and have installed a new D4 Bluetooth module and power it up, I have swap the MOST cable I get from wiggs (at the back of the 6cd radio unit as I don’t have navigation) and enable the Cellular Telephone - cellular telephone docking station, with bluetooth CCF with iidtool. Bluetooth setting was already enabled according to the iidtool. I am able to pair with the Bluetooth module and even make and receive calls but:

1.When a call is active nothing is shown on the center dash lcd screen only on the radio screen where I get provider name, signal strength, contact name, etc.
2.I suspect that no phonebook is uploaded to the module (how can I confirm this?) I have press the green button and try scrolling with forward and backward buttons at the steering wheel but nothing happens.
3.If radio is on when a call is started, everything seems to work OK. But if radio is off when a call is started, if I increase or decrease the volume, radio starts playing and volume decrease or increase the radio not the phone and I am able to listen both, radio and phone conversation at the same time.

The other thing is that people can’t hear me, I think this is due to the fact that I have swap the AMK mic to the car cabling at the overhead lamp console, where voice control mic plugs in, but I am not able to find a setting to active the mic with iidtool. If mic can’t be activated with iidtool what other options do I have?

Any comments or help will be appreciated.
Thank you

PD: The only cables I have not disconnect from the AMK are the black, red, and yellow that connects to the back of the radio that I think are the left and right input and the mute.

Post #109203022nd Apr 2013 11:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 51 of 81 <123 ... 505152 ... 798081>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >