Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Geneva - New Look Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 13 <123 4 ... 111213>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NoDo$h wrote:
To many of the borderline eco-loonies one of the main "justifications" of a D3 is it's utility aspect (not that we should be justifying anything, that's another debate). To blur that utilitarian distinction and make it more of a city car plays right into their hands.

Totally agree, a dirty D3 with it's big LAND ROVER decal on the front attracts less hatred than the X5's etc. Due I guess to the fact that it does look as if it actually gets used for off-road work etc. rather than a "Chelsea Tractor".

Post #2682095th Mar 2008 1:49 pm
sidney

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Not keen, one of the big things I like about the disco is the plastic arches and bumper, everytime you take that offroad you will have to have a polishing frenzy trying to get rid of the scratches. Evil or Very Mad
 www.Bitter-sweet.co.uk  
Post #2682115th Mar 2008 1:52 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I've always seen the RRS as the competitor to the X5/ML/Touareg, the D3 being more at home battling it out with the LC and Shogun. There's always been a blurring at the upper end of the range due to the price edging into X5 territorty, but I doubt too many people have sat there starting at an X5 and D3 brochure and struggled to make their choice as they are fundamentally different approaches. Confused
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #2682145th Mar 2008 1:54 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Shrinky wrote:
I hope they dont change the looks as it will only make mine (ours) look like old models.

Which is part of what LR will want to achieve with this change. Some people will change because they don't want to be seen in an "old" model, so more sales. Others, like those posting in this thread so far, will resist changing for longer but few of us would look outside the LR stable for our alternative so eventually we'll buy it or our needs/wants will change and we'll buy something else from within the LR group. Like an LRX.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #2682155th Mar 2008 2:01 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NoDo$h wrote:
I've always seen the RRS as the competitor to the X5/ML/Touareg, the D3 being more at home battling it out with the LC and Shogun. There's always been a blurring at the upper end of the range due to the price edging into X5 territorty, but I doubt too many people have sat there starting at an X5 and D3 brochure and struggled to make their choice as they are fundamentally different approaches. Confused

True, but the X5, ML etc. territory is a big one & the X5 is now available with 7 seats.
Funnily enough a friends wife recently narrowed down her choice of vehicle to an X5 or a D3. The X5 won, as the D3 felt too slow & she wasn't ever going to go off-road. Plus I suspect she's a real badge snob.

Post #2682235th Mar 2008 2:16 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Hasn't she seen the Jack Dee clip on Paramount? Shocked
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #2682255th Mar 2008 2:20 pm
slots

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

FWIW We don't take our Disco off-road nor to we plan to but we do take it up some rough lanes to get home. We went for the D3 mainly because it looks like a 4x4 should and it does what is says on the tin. It's not a poser 4x4. I'm told that LR monitor these forums and I hope they do because I think it looks Censored this is my first Land Rover and it's brilliant but if that's what they're going to look like it future then this will be my last. Cheap and tacky.

Post #2682275th Mar 2008 2:22 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well just to show theres always one - I like it. the wheel arch, could have stayed as they are currently, but I think the bumpers are improved with the part colour coating. It looks less van like at the rear to me.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #2682335th Mar 2008 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Craig S-L

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Wheel arch painting bad, particularly as I have just caught my rear one on the dry stone wall that makes up my mother's gatepost - looks like off road damage from the challenge at the mo Thumbs Up Would look completely cack if the body coloured bits were orange on the challenge vehicles - CY, any chance of photoshopping something from the gallery to check?
 Craig

2015 D? SDV6 HSE Loire Blue
2009 D4 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
2006 G4 Challenge V8 HSE (Gone, but fuel bills not forgotten!)
Media Support Vehicle Stage 1 & 2 Thailand and Laos
Driven by Rudi Thoelen, 2003 Winner 

Post #2682405th Mar 2008 2:54 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

We already have (among others) the XS, the SE and the HSE.

Perhaps they could restrict the Censored changes to a new spec. - the CHEESE Question
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #2682455th Mar 2008 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

.. after all it does look like a hybrid between an HSE and something awful like a C'EED Evil or Very Mad
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #2682465th Mar 2008 3:11 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Spare wheel is either missing or elsewhere, It looks different underneath.

Post #2682585th Mar 2008 4:06 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Perhaps there's a super skinny latte version of the krappy spare thats currently standard.

Post #2682595th Mar 2008 4:08 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Come on LR this is insane, they have always tried to market their products as 'proper' off road machines. They spent a fortune developing Terrain Response etc. so why oh why are they shifting into the 'pose' market?

I am sure there are plenty of sales to be had in this area but I think it would be good to be able to spec your car as 'urban' or 'off-road', the former having painted arches etc and the latter with the rear e-diff, underbody protection etc. I know you can do this via the options list but a G4 style model in the normal line up would be great.

God only knows what they will do to the new Defender Big Cry
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #2682615th Mar 2008 4:16 pm
blueanchorinn
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

My bumpers are colour coded to the body after last weekend Shocked

Salisbury Plain Brown Laughing
 Pot Noodle Challenge Winner 2011
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person 

Post #2682635th Mar 2008 4:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 13 <123 4 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >