Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Geneva - New Look Disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Mounty

Switzerland 

What I like to know: Is the new designed rearbumper less prone to get ripped off when you go offroading? It looks like it has steeper angle.

Mounty
 Daniel

Now: RSS 2008 3,6l HSE
Past: 2.7l D3 HSE, D3 4.4l HSE, FFRR 2004 4,4l 

Post #2698078th Mar 2008 11:12 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Rather than follow trends LR should make new ones. Given that the plastic bits do look tacky from the material used point of view, why not solve the problem of wax build up by using a different material. How about smooth teflon frinstance. Wouldnt scratch so easily, non-solicited hitch-hiking pedestrians and other detritus can be easily cleaned away, can be made in any colour you like, even none at all (transparent). In fact make the entire body out of recycled aluminium nonstick frying pans. Would never need to clean it again, just wait for the rain Mr. Green . Detailers might be upset though Whistle

Sorry, I ...er.... forgot to take my tablets again ....
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #27021010th Mar 2008 2:29 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Teflon (PTFE) is use on a lot of fasteners either as straight coating or a toque modifing lubricant.
We did some PTFE coated wheels for Land Rover Special vehicles a few years back, but the main production never took it up. the basic problem although the coating is very tough, is at best it is a semi gloss.

Click image to enlarge

The wheel above (forget the caliper) was over coated in clear lacquer, but with the paint containing PTFE it failed the cross hatch test.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #27036410th Mar 2008 2:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

That wheel looked like a good idea - but what's the cross hatch test?

(excuse my ignorance) I assume it's something to do with scratching - not an irate five door family saloon!

Rolling Eyes
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #27038710th Mar 2008 3:36 pm
Ken

Simply put score it and see what happens its all about adhesion Whistle

Post #27040910th Mar 2008 4:38 pm
Cactus

France 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto HavanaDiscovery 4

Hello,

Heard from a dealer that what has been showed at Geneva is to be on market from May-June 2008 and will last until MY09 ends (around sep. '09). This to make the D3 sales more "dynamic". No 3.0 L engine forecasted for this "cosmetic" change.
Then, this is msot interesting as new D3 will be launched sligthly after mid '09 with 225 / 245 bhp new 3.0 V6 engine and wheels from 19" to 20" (HSE) with new less "utilitarian" body frame (similar to the one seen on the BBC website). There will be new interior design, closer to what the current RR has (incl. rear camera, park assist, ...) with a new Terrain response (6 positions) and the new ZF 7-speed automatic gearbox. It will also be lower than the current 1m90+ D3 and will also loose weight (around 200 kg less).

I've been also told we could see some hybrid (diesel + electric) from early 2010. The new 3.0 l engine will be Euro VI compliant, with less contamination the the current 2.7 l.

Sounds great.

Post #27048310th Mar 2008 6:28 pm
Kipper

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Cactus' dealer info...

Anybody heard anything similar to what Cactus heard from any other sources - in particular that this is a 'cosmetic' update and a major update (3 litre engine & higher spec' interiors) due mid 2009.

I'm replacing in Jan 2009 so would be dissapointed to miss on on any genuine improvements Confused

Post #27052510th Mar 2008 7:16 pm
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Cactus wrote:
I've been also told we could see some hybrid (diesel + electric) from early 2010. The new 3.0 l engine will be Euro VI compliant, with less contamination the the current 2.7 lSounds great.

Indeed!!! that's what i would wait for......

Post #27053010th Mar 2008 7:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
max099

Austria 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hey cactus, that sounds great (the engine, not the body changes) ... any idea when it will be possible to order it? If they change the engine in mid 09 it should be possible to order it starting with 2009, right?

Post #27072010th Mar 2008 11:39 pm
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

interestingly, SWIMBO wanted colour-coded mirrors and wheel-arches when we ordered ours. Having attacked various items of innocent road furniture with the arches, she should be happy that they came in plastic colour Wink

what's this "off road" of which so many people speak? Wink
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #27111211th Mar 2008 8:25 pm
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

I'll be looking at our new one tomorrow when I drop into the dealers. If it has the new bumpers, I might just keep the Freelander 2 they're giving me as a loan car whilst they MOT our Disco II.
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #27160312th Mar 2008 7:37 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Renny, the new stylee ones will be in showroom's next year or late this year.

If you do get a new stylee one, post some pics for us as the LR Media website has gone all shy and wont let you see any high res pics anymore unless your a press hack.

Post #27163312th Mar 2008 8:19 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Renny wrote:
I might just keep the Freelander 2 they're giving me as a loan car

Yeah right... Laughing

When's the key swap day Renny???
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #27167912th Mar 2008 9:14 pm
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
Renny wrote:
I might just keep the Freelander 2 they're giving me as a loan car

Yeah right... Laughing

When's the key swap day Renny???

Supposed to be tomorrow, but the Edinburgh DVLA office has been sitting on the cherished transfer for over a week Sad . Call me cynical, but I wonder if they are suddenly going to clear the backlog now the VED rate has increased?

Decided to take the old one in for an MOT tomorrow (current MOT runs out at midnight tomorrow) at my friendly MOT tester in Kirkcaldy and avoid a trip over to Stirling late afternoon, it will mean not getting a Freelander for the weekend. However, if I have any problems I might just dump the old one at Stirling at tea-time. If I do go to the dealers, I'll take the camera.

We were going to pay you a surprise visit over the weekend with the new motor, but I've got a place on a Level 2 Powerboat course this weekend Very Happy Going to have to fit the towbar sooner as I've been invited down to Silverstone to Scrutineer at the GP.
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #27169812th Mar 2008 9:45 pm
max099

Austria 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

awheel wrote:

And there's more.....for all of you who want to retain the black unpainted arches, they will fit the new bumpers. The interfaces are unchanged. Lowline spec cars and the Commercial derivatives will stay with the black colour split as it currently is....
Back to my first point - we have listened to customers and reacted in a way that gives you choice. Stateside customers want body colour everywhere. Russian customers hate it...they want ruggedness!!!

Hmm... why don't you guys at LR just add an option to the price list letting the customer decide whether they want the original black arches/bumpers or the new painted thing? You say you still offer the black ones on lowline and/or commercials - so why not give HSE & Co clients a choice?

Post #2942911st May 2008 6:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >