Page 14 of 49 <123 ... 131415 ... 474849>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yes ...sport has the same electronics as the disco
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #106949310th Mar 2013 9:57 pm
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Is there any way of uploading the new Software NNV504750 through the sat nav DVD drive. Ive done the RR mod so everything popped up, if a little dim. i remember when I popped in an updated map disc it uploaded something but I've still just got the very basic 4 x 4 screen ect. The old softwere never really bothered me because I still have the FBH timer control in settings on the dash but thinking about it, I never set that anyway. My understanding was an update would remove that function.
I'm thinking I'd like to update for the 4 x 4 info in landrover mode now and avoid having to do this brightness fix.None of the other screens do anything in my car anyway. The speed distance screen does nothing, the radio screen works but all that info is 5" lower on the radio screen anyway. The phone screen doesn't work on mine as my Bluetooth is a dealer fit afterthought one. Same buttons ect but no module in the back.
I guess the only usefull one to me is the 4 x4 screen and I'm far to inexperienced to do the brightness fix.
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #106952310th Mar 2013 10:53 pm
wiggs

No you can't do it via the nav unit .

Stick with the normal screen .... It was never ment to work via the hack ... And there is more things that don't work that do
Post #106953410th Mar 2013 11:10 pm
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yup, that's what I was thinking. Thumbs Up I guess if I'm ever up the road ill sort out a faultmate session.
Not this month tho, a bleedy transit driver wiped out my wing mirror yesterday. I can see that being a few quid to sort out. Ordered a replacement glass untill I get a whole head sorted out. Flippin lunatic..
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #106955010th Mar 2013 11:33 pm
holm.dk

Denmark 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

So the only thing you have to do to change to RR mode, is to remove that single wire?! Smile
Sounds too easy! Even for me.... Rolling with laughter

Can you change between the different mods while the car is turned on and driving, or will you have to do it when the car is turned off?

Niels Smile

Post #11144638th Jun 2013 3:30 pm
Garym2000

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ye that's correct Niels, remive the wire and you get RR mode. However, you also lose some screen brightness which on a sunny day makes the screen u readable. Hence the brightness fix which requires a diode to be soldered to the circuit board. A switch can be added during this process to revert back to normal mode too if required. I managed it, but left out the switch as once in RR mode with the brightness sorted I don't see a reason to want to revert back to standard.
 Club N.E.R.D's
Narpy Grill Mod
De-tangoed lights
Club GG AT's
Club LED Interior and Sidelights
Club Reverse Camera & RR mode sat nav & fold down DVD 

Post #11144768th Jun 2013 4:14 pm
looneyfitter

United Kingdom 

Did this mod today n love it. Screen brightness is a pain tho. Do you have a link to the diode mod? Couldn't findvirbobthd thread ;/)

Post #11146328th Jun 2013 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
looneyfitter

United Kingdom 

If you do the diode mod do you still cut pin 4 on the white connector? And do I just plug a camera in and it will switch automatically if I'm in rr mode?

Post #11147059th Jun 2013 10:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RicoF

Malta 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Summary

I was looking for an answer, posted in the forum but after a good search I came across this 14 page topic... so to summarize, if you get a camera from fleabay... to get it working with RR mode you need to:

1. Take off screen
2. Dismantle screen
3. Cut off 4th wire from white plug
4. For a reversible mode, one needs to put in a toggle switch through this 4th cable

Now for this mod you get RR mode or D3 mode... (to switch between the two car needs to be off, sleep and restart)

While in RR mode, the reverse camera still does not go automatically unless it is enable via faultmate... (or any other diagnostic system I guess)

A problem is the dim screen in RR mode, but for that there is a 'tougher' mod via a diode... which is permanent as it leaves screen in RR mode...

One can also upgrade the screen software... (don't know how... so that's another search to do)...

Hope this post is of help...

Post #113386220th Jul 2013 9:42 am
robbo770

Scotland 

Flack wrote:
Guys

I did some testing today on this and can confirm that a software update brings back the full display, I put my screen in RR mode after loading an older software file on to it and I got the same results with the special programs dial missing from the display.
I then used file Software NNV504750 and the display was back to full display with all icons.. So you guys with the missing icons need to update your software on the Touchscreen..

Flack Thumbs Up

Did you get this to upload because you have RRS software license for Faultmate, I have tried with the touchscreen in RRS mode and Faultmate tells me the file is for the wrong map type!

Some guidance requested for single license user

Cheers
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fit TDV6 intercooler hoses
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe
D3 to B4 front end Upgrade
OEM TV/DVD Screens+wireless Headphones! 

Post #11521623rd Sep 2013 7:40 pm
wiggs

Just update the screen with disco software
Post #11521653rd Sep 2013 7:45 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

the latest version I have on my 1.31a version is NNB500420, NNV503271, if I try and use the file you have referenced in the post, it states it not the right one for a D3?

regarding the brightness would I be able to use this item to allow real-time brightness control like you have made Adrian?

Module interface specification (3 wire system)

1 VCC external 3.3 V to 5 V voltage (which can be directly connected to 5 V
single-chip microcontroller and 3.3 V)

2 GND external connection GND

3 OUT the small plate digital output interface (0 and 1)

cheers
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #11521833rd Sep 2013 8:21 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

wiggs wrote:
the biggest issue is the brightness ....once it thinks the car is a range rover it stops using the inbuilt light sensor . The screen is then quite dark

nav ....works fine
phone ...shows names etc on touch screen
radio ...works fine and shows radio stations on nav screen
cd ...will play ...will not select the 6 disks as the RR had a seperate cd player
4x4 ...works .,..and shows a large terrain respone knob on the touch screen..
aux ...can be selected from the touch screen
trip computer ...lap timer works ...fuel economy does not

if you enable the reversing camera ...then it will work automatically when in RR mode

I had a seperate dimmer made which plugged into the main board on the nav screen ...cured the dimming issue

Wiggs, is there any chance you can get allowed to upload some images of where you connect onto the screen the secondary dimmer unit? and the unit, I am trying to get something together but need assistance to know where to connect to the board.

any help would be great if you can, as I want to see if this can solve this problem

thanks
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe

Post #11541007th Sep 2013 5:33 pm
RainHard

South Africa 

Has anyone tried this on a <2009 RRS. Is it still subject to the limitations (which it doen'nt have at the moment) of:

nav ....works fine
phone ...shows names etc on touch screen
radio ...works fine and shows radio stations on nav screen
cd ...will play ...will not select the 6 disks as the RR had a seperate cd player
4x4 ...works .,..and shows a large terrain respone knob on the touch screen..
aux ...can be selected from the touch screen
trip computer ...lap timer works ...fuel economy does not

will reverse camera work if simply plugged in?

Cheers
R

Post #118951918th Nov 2013 8:07 pm
fuelcell

United States 2008 LR3 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
camera

I would really like to have the back up camera show up in the nav screen. Can someone recommend a low cost camera that is known to work with instructions to connect it? I have used this one in the past. will it work? I suspect it may as I read about CMOS and NTSC in an earlier post. Is it obvious where you plug it in? Also - is there a link to how to remove the screen?

Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CTKYB...&psc=1

Specifications:

Image Sensor: Color CMOS
Imaging Device: OV7950(CMD)
Effective pixels: NTSC
Pixels: 656 × 492 pixels (0.3 MEGA)
Scanning System: 2:1 interface
Sync System: Internal
Horizontal resolutions: 420 TV lines
Sensor area: 5.961mm*4.276mm
Minimum illumination: 0.2Lux/F1.8 (0 Lux with LED)
Video output: RCA connector, 1.0vP-P, 75ohm
S/N Ratio: More than 48db
Waterproof: IP67-IP68
Power consumption: 60mA
Power supply: DC12V±10%
Operating temperature: -20°C- 60°C RH95%MAX
Storage temperature: -30°C- 60°C RH95%MAX
Dimention:44*40*25mm

Package: 1 x Car rear view camera
1 x Power cable (1.2M)
1 x Video cable (5M)
2 sets Screws/Nuts