Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Amazing new BBS development.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 13 <123 456 ... 111213>
race.it

Spain 

Sorry just sold an old macbook pro (quite cheep also) to another mate that needed it for something. else that would of been ideal.

Post #8790825th Jan 2012 12:04 pm
cold_n_wet

Norway 

I know that pete, but if I send my cable to a punter 800 km away I am Censored until he sends it back.
 IDTOOL PRO / Faultmate programing and BAS remaping services in Norway.
Diagnostic for most Land rover vehicles
Land Rover parts and accessories.
Stockist of RLD equipment.
www.praesto4x4.no
D4 gone, missed but replaced with a 110 Puma. 

Post #8791675th Jan 2012 2:18 pm
ids

England 

BBS SPY wrote:
Thanks Guys
Firstly, you would need to have a VCI2 with a 9 way D type connector that can be plugged either directly into a PC's serial port or via a USB to serial adapter if your PC does not have a serial port.

This comes as described automatically with our FCR for CAN BUS vehicles, can be purchased on it's own from our web shop as item LD035 under FCR for about 80 GBP plus VAT & shipping etc, or one borrowed from an MSV-2 for CAN BUS vehicles can be used, with a 15 to 9 way adapter LD040 from the accessories section for about 3.50 GBP plus all the usual.

If anyone wants to build this themselves, we can supply a diagram.

Hi Colin

Do you have a PDF/downloadable diagram for this... ? Looking forward to this being available.

Ids

Post #8807098th Jan 2012 7:42 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

IF you want to try out a Mac why not just run one as a virtual machine, saves having to buy a real one.

Pom

Post #8807488th Jan 2012 9:07 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya IDS
Not yet, but it's not difficult, from 15 to 9 way you have Pin 9 to 3 for earth, pin 2 to 14 and pin 3 to 15 which do RX and TX.

pom, Thanks for the input, but it's likely i will need to run windows emulation on the Mac, so emulating the Mac on a windows PC first to then run a windows emulation inside that is probably an emulation too far methinks Laughing

Anyway i found a cheap Macbook on Ebay so i am all sorted for this now Thumbs Up

For the benefit of those wanting to have a first peek at Genesis in action and to see how simple we have made it to use, i knocked up a quick demo video of enabling 4x4 info on a D3 using Genesis and put it on you tube today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XyHt_g3_k

To re iterate the over web aspect, i used an Ipad to connect to the Genesis web site and do the job. Considering that this site is currently located in a server somewhere in Gemany, it's pretty impressive stuff.

However we are working towards creating a more interesting and hands on demonstration of Genesis by setting up a small number of instrument packs with Web cams pointed at them. We will then connect them to the Genesis site and provide guest accounts for these that anyone can log in with and then turn on any warning lamp and set the needles to various positions etc. They will be able to see the result of their request on the genesis web site occur in real time on the Instrument pack using the web cam feed. One cool trick will be the ability to make the central message display, show any one of it's 150 odd pre defined messages.

Post #89073930th Jan 2012 7:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Eagerly awaited
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #89074330th Jan 2012 7:14 pm
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Colin well done, only just stumbled across this, happy to help with my MSV 2, multi vehicle license! Thumbs Up
 A few mods... and keeping it all running...Faultmate MSV2
MY09EGR's blanked Thanks Bellautos, BAS 

Post #89083030th Jan 2012 9:32 pm
marco 110

France 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

very impatient to see that!
I want one, pre-order for me! Thumbs Up
 Marco.
-D4 sdv6 HSE 2012 , high beam assist , surround cam, tv , and a lot of nice stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcsteph110?feature=mhum

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #89089131st Jan 2012 12:42 am
geoff.

England 

be nice to know what happens to us with multi veh is our investment going to be worthless Whistle

Post #8933075th Feb 2012 5:04 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Geoff

Did you not read this thread from the start?

I have absolutely no intent whatsoever to have Genesis become a replacement for our existing equipment and would certainly do nothing that would undermine existing customers investments.

Genesis is simply an exciting and innovative extension to our products, that will ultimately allow you as an existing MSV-2 MV owner to offer your services to anyone or everyone, no matter where they live in the entire world, rather than those just local to you.

Raw CCF editing is no simple thing and i would never dream of offering this kind of raw capability to anyone who had not already invested in our MSV-2 system and have the benefit of the help, experience and expertize it alone provides.

As long as i am in charge, your investment is totally safe.

Now, i believe you owe me a beer Thumbs Up

Post #8933315th Feb 2012 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
Now, i believe you owe me a beer Thumbs Up

There's a few of us in that category! Very Happy

Post #8933325th Feb 2012 6:29 pm
geoff.

England 

Colin

always a fews beers on ice for you mate, and thanks for reassuring our investment is safe Thumbs Up

Post #8933585th Feb 2012 7:36 pm
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Payback is even greater.

geoff. wrote:
be nice to know what happens to us with multi vehicle in our investment going to be worthless Whistle
If I understand this properly, those who have made the multi vehicle investment now can now provide service for a fee to people such as myself half a world away, or even a few blocks away.

All I have to do is connect to you via the internet, pay you some money, and you do the modifications over the wire rather than by standing beside the vehicle.

The world becomes your market, not just the local neighbourhood. That is how the internet can work and I think in this case, does.

Am I understanding the possibilities correctly?
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #8933615th Feb 2012 7:41 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

That's exactly how I understand it Bruce Thumbs Up
Although the commercials aren't clear yet, I'm anticipating being able to do this anywhere.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #8933685th Feb 2012 7:55 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

BBS SPY wrote:
Raw CCF editing is no simple thing and i would never dream of offering this kind of raw capability to anyone who had not already invested in our MSV-2 system and have the benefit of the help, experience and expertize it alone provides.

Confused are you now saying that Genesis will only be available to MSV-2 owners, as earlier on in this thread you stated

BBS SPY wrote:
Owners of neither an MSV-2 or FCR will be able to buy just the lead and have full diagnostic capability, albeit only over the internet.

Post #8934005th Feb 2012 9:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 13 <123 456 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >