Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Amazing new BBS development.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>
cold_n_wet

Norway 

sounds like a good idea, the pesimestic in me asks, If you are for ex. flashing a BT upgrade, how stable will this be over the tintanet, would all files be downloaded to the host/ local PC, before it starts to flash the apropriate ECU ?, what happens if the connection is reset by your local ISP, would the flashing have to restart again ?

Can exsiting MSV2 MV owner buy a "loaner" cable linked against there MSV2 to enable remote flashing ? how will that work ?

I like the idea being able to update a car 700 kilometers away, but have to admit, theory is one thing practice is another. I have seen a similar remote control system in practice in the Northsea, there are always bugs.

Glen
 IDTOOL PRO / Faultmate programing and BAS remaping services in Norway.
Diagnostic for most Land rover vehicles
Land Rover parts and accessories.
Stockist of RLD equipment.
www.praesto4x4.no
D4 gone, missed but replaced with a 110 Puma. 

Post #87584627th Dec 2011 8:45 pm
ids

England 

Colin

Sounds like a great idea as I for one have been lingering on buying a MSV but just can't justify the price just to enable features (like cornering lights, dash clock and washer level)

So just to get it straight. You buy the lead, pay a software licence fee and then you essentially have access to an online FCR / MSV ? If so I am in. If its that someone else with an FCR / MSV needs to do the tweaks then that seems to be missing an opportunity..... Can you clarify?

Also if you need any testers then let me know.

Ids

Post #87601428th Dec 2011 1:39 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not seen a pricing?

Tempted.......

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #87601728th Dec 2011 1:59 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

To clarify

you buy the lead or even better buy the FCR so you then have the lead and fault codes only already
for when Genesis goes public, pay for the licence or process that you need done on your car. (when prices are available)

done

Post #87602728th Dec 2011 2:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
michele

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

This is a graet news!!!

Post #87607028th Dec 2011 6:27 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Glen
As you have probably already read, i demonstrated this diagnostic over internet connection capability by disabling and then re enabling 4x4 info on Pete's wife's D3 over 18 months ago.

Thankfully everything went well, but as you state this is an internet connection prone to all sorts of disruption possibilities and as such there are always bugs and difficulties.

But we eat bugs for breakfast, and relish any difficulty as nothing more than an opportunity to find some cunning solution. My guys are actually so keen and competent, i actually find myself looking for bugs and problems to feed them with some days Laughing .

And we sure did not get to where we are today easily.

So please believe me in that the last 18 months have been spent ensuring for all possibilities, and i would certainly not be announcing this capability now, unless i truly believed it was fully bullet proof and capable of doing exactly what we say it will just like everything else we produce Thumbs Up .

Regards purchasing additional loaner leads, that is possible too.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 3rd Jan 2012 6:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #87609128th Dec 2011 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco3wannabe

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Definitely interested in beta testing - we have only Macs in this household - macbooks, powerbooks, mac mini, wifi with apple tv and an apple engineer here!! Of course - not to mention the ipods, ipads, iphones Laughing

Post #87609828th Dec 2011 7:50 pm
rd

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

If you have use for a 04 FFRR in your Beta testing program feel free to contact me

Post #8778572nd Jan 2012 6:18 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Count me in, I'll give one a go. Pc or IPad.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #8778982nd Jan 2012 7:45 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Guys
I am truly surprised at how many Mac only folks there are, i will therefore have to raise the priority of ensuring that A Mac can be used to make the initial tunnel connection.

Anyone got a cheap one to sell me for testing Whistle

Thanks to all for your offers to help Beta test.
However i think i need to re iterate a few requisite aspects.

Firstly, you would need to have a VCI2 with a 9 way D type connector that can be plugged either directly into a PC's serial port or via a USB to serial adapter if your PC does not have a serial port.

This comes as described automatically with our FCR for CAN BUS vehicles, can be purchased on it's own from our web shop as item LD035 under FCR for about 80 GBP plus VAT & shipping etc, or one borrowed from an MSV-2 for CAN BUS vehicles can be used, with a 15 to 9 way adapter LD040 from the accessories section for about 3.50 GBP plus all the usual.

If anyone wants to build this themselves, we can supply a diagram.

Secondly, you will need a Vehicle with some CAN BUS systems, and in the initial testing stages we are providing only some basic Disco 3 functions.
Don't worry, it's really quick and easy to add more functions and the menuing and infrastructure for all other CAN BUS vehicles is already done.

I will be providing some demo videos, but we have striven to make Genesis vastly more simplified in terms of doing stuff than the all powerful MSV-2
For example on the MSV-2 you have to read in the entire CCF, find and change the
setting for 4x4 info display and write it back.

On Genesis you have a button marked 4X4 Info display, when you press it, the system reads the current state of only this, and displays it in a radio button form, you then toggle this to on or off and press continue. Seconds later the 4x4 info button magically either appears or disappears on the vehicles display, depending of course on what you selected.

I do have to reiterate though, that at present, Genesis works on only CAN BUS based vehicle systems. The VCI 2 can communicate with the NON CAN BUS systems on those vehicles which have both, but we have not even tried to implement this with Genesis and it may be that we will never be able to implement it successfully. BY CAN BUS. I automatically include all MOST BUS ECU's that are simply gatewayed via a CAN BUS
one.

For those not knowing what vehicles and Systems are CAN BUS based here is a short list.

Disco 3 and 4 (inc LR3/4) from introduction to present day are completely CAN BUS

Range Rover Sport from introduction to Present day are also completely CAN BUS

Freelander 2 is also completely CAN BUS.

Evoque is Completely CAN BUS

The Full Fat Range Rover has varying degrees of CAN BUS starting from 2005 and increasing year by year depending also upon model, with the later years being totally CAN BUS.

Defenders with the PUMA engine have their Engine Management and Instrument pack on CAN BUS and after 2011 also the optional ABS.

Post #8788114th Jan 2012 8:16 pm
mzplcg

England 

BBS SPY wrote:
Anyone got a cheap one to sell me for testing Whistle

Colin, if it helps at all you could use a Samsung laptop (they make all the Macbook hardware) or better yet, build a FreeBSD machine on normal Intel based hardware. MacOS is all based on BSD anyway and these overpriced things are intel laptops with expensive operating systems nowadays.

BTW, the samsung Chromebook is basically identical to a Mac airbook. Only half the price. MacOS can be had on DVD as well. Whistle

PM me your idea of "cheap" and I can have a sniff round.

Dom.

Post #8788454th Jan 2012 8:55 pm
cold_n_wet

Norway 

Send me a free cable and I can test it for free Thumbs Up
 IDTOOL PRO / Faultmate programing and BAS remaping services in Norway.
Diagnostic for most Land rover vehicles
Land Rover parts and accessories.
Stockist of RLD equipment.
www.praesto4x4.no
D4 gone, missed but replaced with a 110 Puma. 

Post #8788584th Jan 2012 9:10 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Glen you already have a cable on your MSV2 Thumbs Up

Post #8789194th Jan 2012 10:56 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Deleted to stay on-topic for BBS...

Last edited by crews control on 5th Jan 2012 2:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8789274th Jan 2012 11:11 pm
methley
a.k.a. Big Hairy Ski Monster 

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
...But we eat bugs for breakfast, and relish any difficulty as nothing more than an opportunity to find some cunning solution....

Does that mean you have fixed, or are imminently about to fix, VE032 which, I see from your forums, is still causing trouble! Evil or Very Mad Really, if you can't sort the comms between your box and a pc over a serial connection, then I shudder to think what may crop up communicating to vehicles over the internet!
 Andy

Fridge Slide for sale https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post2064622.html#2064622 

Post #8790805th Jan 2012 12:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >