Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help with fault code RESOLVED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
davidhem

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Its been like reading a really tense novel, so glad there is a happy ending. and well done for editing the post so people in the future can see how you sorted it out. Thumbs Up
 David

Last edited by davidhem on 3rd Aug 2018 4:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19703693rd Aug 2018 10:40 am
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Glad to hear its all resolved and that it wasnt a brake light bulb and switch this time although im sure you had wished it had been.

By the way ive been running an AGM battery on my D3 for years and no probs yet - fingers crossed Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #19703773rd Aug 2018 11:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi guys.

It felt like being in a really tense novel... Laughing

Yes first port of call was to check brake bulbs and switch activation on the iid. I’ve had that trap before. What I would like to know is what brand of acid were the software designers on ? Don’t get me wrong a boffin would understand it perfectly but a layman like me likes a spade being called a spade. So in my fragile mental state surely a “map sensor voltage out of limits” or something would have been a bit more helpful. Rolling with laughter it would have saved me a week of crap sleep I know.
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #19703793rd Aug 2018 11:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

That's the thing that puzzles me a bit, why did it not show up when you did the diagnostic check?
It should have been flagged as MAP out of range, MAP open circuit, or both!

Post #19704063rd Aug 2018 1:17 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Like u guys also mystified

Looking at the sequence in what the gearbox uses there no mention of a MAP sensor , bizarre

Post #19705804th Aug 2018 5:06 am
gstuart

Ceekay wrote:
Glad to hear its all resolved and that it wasnt a brake light bulb and switch this time although im sure you had wished it had been.

By the way ive been running an AGM battery on my D3 for years and no probs yet - fingers crossed Thumbs Up

Hi

Hope u don’t mind me saying , That’s interesting ref the AGM battery , always thought the alternators output was too high for an AGM battery to be used

Where as there only fitted to the D4s , but if u have one fitted they must be ok then

Post #19705814th Aug 2018 5:11 am
Ceekay

Perhaps ive just been lucky then with the AGM?
Purchased mine direct from LR parts and installed some years ago now it was instantly better especially in cold conditions and started better with the fact i do alot of stop/start and having always had an under-lying small drain somewhere.
Think i had fitted a new alternator around the same time or LR did but as far as im aware they just replaced with another D3 alternator. Im also running a dual battery setup but all seems to work fine together. I do recharge about once a month with my ctek especially in winter as my mileage is so little and with a very slight drain it seems to require it but when ive thrown a distance trip into the mix all is well on its own.
In any case we’ve probably given it the kiss of death now so watch this space Laughing

Must say though agree with all re the map sensor i usually get some sort of fault code in relation to it if its not working correctly or disconnected its a very wierd system somewhat like a womans emotions really Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #19706304th Aug 2018 11:14 am
gstuart

Hi

Many thks for the reply , I’ve also got a dual battery set up and have to recharge my main battery every 2 x weeks or less, also got a battery drain somewhere , mines a base model , think it’s the radio but not 100% what causing the drain

Got an exide EA battery and a deep cell leisure battery with a T max display

Checked all the fuses but must start on the bigger fuses as it really should last longer, winter time is worse , drive me insane

If the main battery completely goes flat it won’t allow me to bring the other battery in , plug the ctek through my towing socket overnight

Didn’t realise at first how power hungry they are, was looking at the yuasa 019 battery , but will keep hunting for this battery drain

Enclosed a pic, with the vehicle asleep it’s pulling 0.40 mv
Thks again

Post #19706344th Aug 2018 11:36 am
Ceekay

Sounds familiar but have always found that if i put in a a few motorway journeys then its fine and i dont have to bother with charging which i also do either through the tow socket like yourself of I have an anderson plug which i can also plug the ctek into to charge both batteries at the same time.

On the very odd occasion the main battery was too low i can just swap the connector over on the aux batt and jump start the main battery with it in seconds hence why ive probably been too lazy to look for the real drain which i suspect is one of the ecu’s not shutting down completely but the main cause of drain for me is using too much equipment especially in winter for a 10 min run. (FBH pre heat, heated seats, heated windscreen etc)

Good luck with finding the drain anyhow let me know how it goes Thumbs Up

Post #19706454th Aug 2018 12:29 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Like u guys also mystified

Looking at the sequence in what the gearbox uses there no mention of a MAP sensor , bizarre

It completely threw me too ! I just didn’t get why the map sensor would effect it ! I did fit the new battery at the same time I think so maybe it was just battery related ?
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19706554th Aug 2018 1:01 pm
Discomadness

Hey guys.

What’s all this ctek and Anderson plug and rear towing socket malarkey then ? I don’t use the disco much so a trickle charger or monitor would be brilliant investment for me ! I have no idea about the subject though. Big Cry

Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19706564th Aug 2018 1:02 pm
gstuart

Ceekay wrote:
Sounds familiar but have always found that if i put in a a few motorway journeys then its fine and i dont have to bother with charging which i also do either through the tow socket like yourself of I have an anderson plug which i can also plug the ctek into to charge both batteries at the same time.

On the very odd occasion the main battery was too low i can just swap the connector over on the aux batt and jump start the main battery with it in seconds hence why ive probably been too lazy to look for the real drain which i suspect is one of the ecu’s not shutting down completely but the main cause of drain for me is using too much equipment especially in winter for a 10 min run. (FBH pre heat, heated seats, heated windscreen etc)

Good luck with finding the drain anyhow let me know how it goes Thumbs Up

Many thks and will indeed update when I find the drain Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #19706814th Aug 2018 3:17 pm
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
Hey guys.

What’s all this ctek and Anderson plug and rear towing socket malarkey then ? I don’t use the disco much so a trickle charger or monitor would be brilliant investment for me ! I have no idea about the subject though. Big Cry

Thumbs Up

If u have the white 12s socket u can get an adaptor for ur ctek so can recharge the battery through the 12 towing socket

This forum sells the adaptors

https://www.disco3.co.uk/shop/tow-electric...c-p45.html

I retrofitted one on mine as it wasn’t there and made up a 4 m towing charging extension lead

Fitted a socket on the front of the house and drilled through the wall and fixed the ctek in the hallway , so when I put the landy on the drive I can just plug the lead in and turn the switch on in the hallway , can monitor the ctek easier then

Post #19706854th Aug 2018 3:21 pm
Discomadness

Oh now that’s clever ! I like that a lot. I need to do that. Bow down
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19706864th Aug 2018 3:25 pm
gstuart

It got a patent u know Whistle

I used one of the short adaptors that came with the ctek, so then I didn’t have to cut the connector off the end of the charger

Is all heatshrinked and sleeved through the wall, wires from the short adaptor connect straight into a fuse box inside the grey box then into the back of the trailer socket

Post #19706894th Aug 2018 3:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >