Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help with fault code RESOLVED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Ok so now I’m sulking.

Took the plunge and bought a new tccm. After refit and transfer case messages about calibration were present, recalibrated both settings. No more transfer case faults. However. I’ve still got the “gearbox fault limited gears available” and “hdc fault system not available” message at the point of despair now. I don’t know where to go and what to look at. I’ve gone through every plug and earth I can find but nothing seems out of place. The suspension alterations section of the iid do nothing, the car wont respond.
Also now have this fault code...

Big Cry
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #19697561st Aug 2018 3:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Probably not much use but I've always read on the forum to just ignore U-codes so doubt that's related.

Hope you get this sorted pal Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #19697641st Aug 2018 3:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discomadness

That’s ok mate. I get the ignoring u codes, I don’t understand why I can’t do anything with the car though.
I’ve actually got it to raise the back using the iid but the front won’t. It did yesterday. Maybe a faulty front valve block ? Shouldn’t these things throw up their own error codes though ? Talk about frustrated. After all the work I’ve done to be beaten at the last hurdle like this. Putting it back on the ramp now and going to strip back and go right through it all again. Driving me nuts now. Big Cry
I’ve got this suspension error code...

Checked all the fuses with a meter and they all seem ok. Just wondered if there’s any missing?
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19697651st Aug 2018 3:42 pm
johnlad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Is the height sensor still flashing red,?
I maybe wrong but I’d say that’s indicating a fault, probably failed sensor or wiring, probably why you can’t calibrate the suspension and without suspension calibrated hdc won’t work and as all the systems talk to each other thee reason you’ve limited gears available

Post #19697661st Aug 2018 3:44 pm
Discomadness

Hi johnlad,

Just came back from Bearmach again with a new sensor so i’ll Try that now. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19697901st Aug 2018 4:23 pm
Discomadness

Before I changed the height sensor I decided to go through the suspension routine. The measurements were quite a way off. The car allowed me to set the heights correctly but I have noticed the front was slow to move as the rear moved quickly. Once I reset the eas the car now says normal height when it’s at normal height instead of telling me it’s at off road height when it’s not so I would call that progress Laughing

Moving onto the “transmission fault, limited gears available” I haven’t disconnected anything on the gearbox apart from the cable as part of the body off and didn’t touch the trans when it was off. The mechatronic sleeve is leaking a bit but the pins all look ok and no oil contamination in the plug. The big capitol F shows as soon as you switch ignition on but doesn’t show a fault code. Am I missing a calibration procedure or something because the harness was unplugged at the battery box ? Can anyone point me in the direction of checking procedures or wiring diagrams that I can start going through ?
Incidentally my battery is sitting at 13.8v with engine running and 12.9v engine off.

Please guru’s I really need your help.

Edit: would low trans fluid level cause an instant F condition ? Does it even have a level sensor ?
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19698431st Aug 2018 7:05 pm
Discomadness

Also I just read this thread...
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/hdc-transmi...+available

I did notice my one is hanging down on a broken bracket... Embarassed perhaps that should be my first port of call to check. I’ll get my coat...
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19698471st Aug 2018 7:36 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi mate

Sorry to hear ur having so much grief, I’m just trying to find some info for u to see if it will help

Good the suspension is now sorted out

Wonder if the leak on the mechtronic unit could cause an error as in making a circuit internally ???

The more experienced members will be along soon to help

Wonder if a hard reset may help in any way ??? , are all ur fuses ok causing errors

Believe pat from gap returns from there holiday on the 2 aug , maybe he could also offer some gudence relating to the error codes

This is what I’ve found so far

https://disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpi...son009.pdf

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/hdc-transmi...+available

http://www.thectsc.com/images/pdf/thectsc_...cement.pdf

https://disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpi...ration.pdf

Post #19698491st Aug 2018 7:41 pm
Discomadness

Gary, thanks for the info mate ! I’ll go through swapping the trans pan and sleeve tomorrow and make sure the oil level is right. That thread about the radio capacitor is interesting as I’m sure it’s very similar symptoms and I know mine is hanging off it’s bracket. How I didn’t notice earlier I don’t know.
If it does turn out to be that I would be so shocked ! Who would think a radio interference capacitor would cause so many faults ! Nuts.

Hope all is good with you mate. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19698541st Aug 2018 7:47 pm
gstuart

Hi mate

Indeed and have just been trying to find as much info as possible, bet it’s something simple but alas frustrating as hell after doing so much care and attention to then get thrown a curve ball

Ref the capacitor , think with everything going on ur mind is scattering all over the place with what could be the problem, think we all do that

Sounds like plenty of tea is required

Shame I’m not closer as there’s nothing like a challenge

Sorry can’t be more help but will keep searching and see what I can find

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Am going to clean off the engines sump plate and give it a few coats of dinitrol so when it goes back is all nice and clean

Post #19698591st Aug 2018 7:56 pm
gstuart

Hi

Just thought , now the suspension is resolved have u rescanned it plse to see what other fault codes come up Thumbs Up

Followed by a hard reset then rescan

Could the abs modulator be storing an error if there’s air still in the brake system ???

Don’t know how much help it is

Post #19698661st Aug 2018 8:12 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Hi mate

Indeed and have just been trying to find as much info as possible, bet it’s something simple but alas frustrating as hell after doing so much care and attention to then get thrown a curve ball

Ref the capacitor , think with everything going on ur mind is scattering all over the place with what could be the problem, think we all do that

Sounds like plenty of tea is required

Shame I’m not closer as there’s nothing like a challenge

Sorry can’t be more help but will keep searching and see what I can find

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Am going to clean off the engines sump plate and give it a few coats of dinitrol so when it goes back is all nice and clean

Hiya mate, I’ve had more than I can drink in tea ! Lol.

Your absolutely right, my mind is scattered all over the shop. I don’t know where to look at next. The trouble is you can spend thousands changing parts and then find out it’s something daft like a brake pedal switch. The worry for me is the car was laid up for a year and it’s looking increasingly like someone has knicked my outside air temp sensor. I’ve had the front bumper back off but can’t find where it is ! I have the plug just nothing for it to plug into !! Bizarre !

I haven’t had a chance to dinitrol the underside of the chassis stuff yet. I just need to get her working and then through the mot. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19699121st Aug 2018 9:19 pm
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Hi

Just thought , now the suspension is resolved have u rescanned it plse to see what other fault codes come up Thumbs Up

Followed by a hard reset then rescan

Could the abs modulator be storing an error if there’s air still in the brake system ???

Don’t know how much help it is

I’ve rescanned and cleared fault codes but the big F is still present.

Hard reset is remove battery for 10 minutes or so ?

Is there any other procedures for the abs ? Still a bit baffled by it all.
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19699141st Aug 2018 9:21 pm
johnlad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Just read an old post regarding F on dash fault, and it was down to fuel starvation,
new fuel filter and fuel cured it.

Post #19699381st Aug 2018 10:34 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Discomadness,

I absolutely empathise with your frustration as most of us will have been in a similar place to you at some time in our car ownership, or if not will be Laughing It's really easy to get lost and chasing your tail in the "Fog" of fault codes and parts swaps! Sometimes its better to walk away for a while and return later with a fresh eyes and brain cells!

I've been following your thread with interest but nothing you're posting is bringing on a light bulb!
Can I ask you where are things at now? Also, was the car running OK before body off? Did you pull out the switch panel to see if the emergency EPB cable didn't pull wiring with it? OK I'm stating the obvious here, but if the car was OK prior to the work being carried out, then the likely advice might be to retrace your steps!

Post #19699421st Aug 2018 10:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >