Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Landcruiser 200 v
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Alicatt

Belgium 

I remember back when the LC100 came out the Aussies kicked up a bit of stink about it and the soft front axel/diff. Toyota brought out the 105 which was basicly the 100series with a 80series front axel and no air suspension, so they did listen to their customers over there, but that was about 9 years ago.

Post #22736523rd Nov 2007 10:55 pm
sijui

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Welcome Neil. I hope your experience with the D3 is as good as mine. Also my experience with the dealer here has been very positive

Post #22737523rd Nov 2007 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Neil Pettersen

sijui wrote:
Welcome Neil. I hope your experience with the D3 is as good as mine. Also my experience with the dealer here has been very positive

Thankyou Sijui Smile

Post #22745924th Nov 2007 4:48 am
Neil Pettersen

Alicatt wrote:
I remember back when the LC100 came out the Aussies kicked up a bit of stink about it and the soft front axel/diff. Toyota brought out the 105 which was basicly the 100series with a 80series front axel and no air suspension, so they did listen to their customers over there, but that was about 9 years ago.

Hello Alicatt

There will be a GXL Diesel V8 twin turbo wagon with basic spring/shocks available next year delivery .This is for the country road user , mining companies and bush driver who may want to play with the suspension set up.This is not a Sahara option ,nor variable like the LC200 570 USA model. I like your photographs.

Best wishes

Neil

Post #22777724th Nov 2007 11:19 pm
Aedo

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Jamo wrote:
Hello Aedo & Neil, welcome aboard! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Jamo! Not quite here yet though - SE due February!

Neil Pettersen wrote:
Alicatt wrote:

Hello Alicatt

There will be a GXL Diesel V8 twin turbo wagon with basic spring/shocks available next year delivery .This is for the country road user , mining companies and bush driver who may want to play with the suspension set up.This is not a Sahara option ,nor variable like the LC200 570 USA model. I like your photographs.

Best wishes

Neil

Thanks Neil,

I'll have to check it out. I'm also waiting to see how the new cab-chassis models work out.

Cheers
Steve

Post #22809226th Nov 2007 1:00 am
Neil Pettersen

I'll have to check it out. I'm also waiting to see how the new cab-chassis models work out.

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Hello Steve,

Anyway of checking if your February delivery will actually arrive when expected -- or is it preordered
dealer stock with 2008 plate that has been earmarked for you ?

Cheer

Neil

Post #22844727th Nov 2007 1:13 am
Aedo

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Neil Pettersen wrote:
Hello Steve,

Anyway of checking if your February delivery will actually arrive when expected -- or is it preordered
dealer stock with 2008 plate that has been earmarked for you ?

Cheer

Neil

Hi Neil,

I'll keep in touch with the dealer but I ordered it - not dealer stock - hopefully early feb as it is expected to be built in December.

Cheers
Steve

Post #22846127th Nov 2007 3:59 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I had a quick look at 4x4 magazine today, they had a feature on the 200 series, I didn’t read all the article but they did not seem to be that impressed noting that it missed a lot of standard features that were included on comparable 4wd’s, i.e. D3. Sound like drivers Head height is very restrictive as well.

Still can’t wait for the head to head comparison.
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #23555219th Dec 2007 10:51 am
Neil Pettersen

Hi Neil,

I'll keep in touch with the dealer but I ordered it - not dealer stock - hopefully early feb as it is expected to be built in December.

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Any news yet Steve ?

Post #25878213th Feb 2008 1:18 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Finally spotted a 2oo series the other day, not that much to look at.
Speaking of something bad to look at I also spotted that hummer thing from Holden, a few CORK HEADS are driving them around here, a bit like a pile of Censored , but only bigger. Whistle
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #25931714th Feb 2008 10:30 am
White Disco

Australia 

Good looking aren't they Rolling Eyes .
I believe the owners can lift heavy weights. Wink
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #25932414th Feb 2008 10:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PBob

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thought that I should put here feedback from 4x4 magazine on the comparision test done between an HSE and the 200 series Cruiser. Mention is made of the now (quote) -"as time has proved" excellent reliability of the D3.
Cruiser + $5,000.00.
Cruiser no air suspension.
Cruiser does not have equivelent cargo space to the D3, as the fold up seats get in the way. Adults are cramped in these seats unlike the D3. (Four bolts to remove the seats).
No cargo area power outlet - to run a fridge, you have to plug in up front!
The Cruiser carries an extra 10 litres of fuel, but has less operating range.
Headlights are better on the D3.
The D3 (quote) wins the "battle of the bits" as it comes also with more technical content.
The D3 was more comfortable.
On road the D3 (quote) "left the 200 behind".
Rock climbing, the 200 with its live rear axle, performed better, although the D3 did all the same stuff. Entry and departure angles are better on the D3. The front plastic bumper on the 200 gets thumped on a regular basis.
On secondary bitumen and gravel roads the D3 (quote) "showed the 200 a clean pair of heels". Pushed hard, the 200 series "pitched and understeered" through corners.
Summary (quote) The HSE D3 handles better on road than the 200 series and the higher equipment level make it better value for money.
Does that make you all feel better?
 2006 HSE TDV6 Bonatti Grey, ECB bull bar, tropical roof, LG Next G car kit, Tom Tom GPS, UHF, Mitchell Bros tow bar, Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition camper trailer and 23 foot Haines Signature half cabin (Towed separately!)  
Post #27124012th Mar 2008 6:14 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

PBob
I saw that article in 4x4 and got the feeling they thought
the 200 cruiser was a bit of a dinosaur, not a patch on the D3
 Pete  
Post #27124212th Mar 2008 6:49 am
PBob

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Norto,
Yes it does appear that Toyota are resting on laurels gained about the time they bypassed Landrover, back in the 70s. Landrover appear to be able to stay ahead of the pack generally design wise, (look back at the first Rangie - which is still a good car). It's a pity L/R don't listen to the drivers of their vehicles a bit more, hence things like the plough and the holding speed of the "up" suspension. It does appear that at long last we also have a reliable vehicle.
The things that intrigued me, were the hardly noticible difference between the V8 and the V6, (towing may be different, although one cannot fault the D3 in this department either). Also, things like the lack of equipment, imagine paying 90 grand and having to plug your fridge into the dash! Also bottoming out the front bumper, that is pretty ordinary. You can imagine what they cost and you know they wouldn't be under warranty.
P.S. I wondered about putting the bit I wrote on the exploreOZ site, but probably don't need the abuse from the LR haters!
 2006 HSE TDV6 Bonatti Grey, ECB bull bar, tropical roof, LG Next G car kit, Tom Tom GPS, UHF, Mitchell Bros tow bar, Kimberley Kamper Limited Edition camper trailer and 23 foot Haines Signature half cabin (Towed separately!)  
Post #27124812th Mar 2008 7:36 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

PBob wrote:
Norto,
You can imagine what they cost and you know they wouldn't be under warranty.

Like most things on a Toyota anyway. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #27124912th Mar 2008 7:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >