Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Convince me please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It's a 6 year old motor ...of course it's not going to achieve the same warranty status as a new motor ...read the small print carefully Thumbs Up Smile
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #16517808th May 2016 10:15 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Be wary of Stratstone sales. A Stratstone Approved car is NOT an LR Approved car, and will not come with its 2 year warranty
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #16517818th May 2016 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Very interesting. I had similar dilemma how did I buy a FFRR and be sure it was right; after my Jap cr*p 4 x 4 failed, once with £110 worth of premier league tickets & 200 mile effort to get there Big Cry then two dogs two kids off on hols Big Cry it just had to go even though I loved its agricultural simplicity.

SWMBO who very rarely interferes in car things....Jap 4 x 4 must go and further said next must be 'reliable' we went FFRR route. After the pigs viewed at Bedford, Notingham and Enfield at BCA, then also debatable stuff seen and viewed on auction sites the Dealer option with LR 2 years piece of mind warranty was the only way to go. It took me three + months looking to understand my own brief.

Dealers at Cambridge, Bedford, Bishops Stortford, Aylesbury just did not not have what I wanted. Kept on looking. Finally bought one so I thought at Coventry but car faulted on PDI and dealer would not sell it. Top Top man (Sytner). A gear box fault most certainly went thereafter in auction. Laughing

Eventually got mine at Stratestone at Newcastle via LR web. It is a peach. Into 4th year and covered myself with WWise stuff. Peace of mind. One alternator replaced. Exceptional LR dealer intervention. Marshalls (Cambridge)

So why have I just bought a shed of LHD D3 V8 at auction? That is because I am pretty sure will be reliable,fun and imperious!!! Just now having it fixed up and just can't wait. I am confident there are enough helpful people on here if it does go wrong. Cars do go wrong deal with it. Great forum. Very Happy

They are just great trucks I don't think I will buy anything else again. Dip your toe but be selective go dealer route if you are that worried
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #16517978th May 2016 10:43 am
Disco Devil

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well so far none of the comments have been biased Rolling Eyes

The simple fact is the Toyota is a very well built, reliable vehicle and has proven itself to be equal to the Discovery in off road ability.

Interior wise, the Discovery is ahead of the Landcruiser in terms of quality of finish. Where the Disco has brushed aluminium, the Land Crusier has silver coated plastic etc. But remember the LC also comes in 5 different specs ranging from bog basic to full spec with 5 camera system and full leather.

In terms of comfort, the Disco is the winner ... No question. If you want to get Disco comfort in a LC you'd have to go up to the V8/Amazon models which are a lotmore expensive.

Drive both back to back. The Disco is more cosseting but running costs more expensive. Toyota is an excellent vehicle but not quite as luxurious as the Disco.

I faced the same choice and went with Discovery because the Disco for me was a comfier drive and having broken my back in the past, it had to be a vehicle I could sit in and drive without serious discomfort.

Post #16518468th May 2016 1:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >