Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Air Suspension, WE ARE GETTING SOMEWERE
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

10forcash - re-stating Martin's feedback - we really need the ability to stay "up" at up to 80kph - why are you adding only abother 10mph to the plug-in module?

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #18774210th Aug 2007 2:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Desert Traveller

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Further to the Oz comments above.
If the upper limit of the offroad height is going to be around 80 kph can anything be done to stiffen the suspension at normal height above that speed. It is way too soft on outback roads as a lot of my crunches came in gulleys where the road crown would not contact the exhausts if driven slowly.
 06 TDV6 SE with many LR and after-market extras. Used only on weekends and trips out west.
Audi TT Roadster (Daily and around town drive)
VW Eos TDI For Sale
Previously 01 TD5 and 94 TDI 

Post #18774510th Aug 2007 2:56 am
Rob Bruce

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

10 km increase is not nearly enough Exclamation also we need to make it so the computor does not lower it to the bump stops for the slightest insignificant fault loged, this is most important for safty reasons, it could leave us stranded when the vechle could saftly proseed, I do not think people in Europe understand our conditions in OZ.

We can not expect a tilt tray truck to come and transport the car to a dealer from remote areas like the Simpson or Kimberlys just to re set the computor, it is just rediculas.

Rob

Post #18802811th Aug 2007 1:20 am
JamesWyatt

United States 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

10forcash wrote:
Chris & myself are working on a plug-in box that will delay the speed lowering from offroad height by 10mph...

Your product will sell much better if it removes the automatic lowering function completely. What is the value in keeping the automatic lowering feature? I want to raise and lower it with impunity. Twisted Evil

Post #18803511th Aug 2007 2:48 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I have no idea why anyone might believe that BBS is not monitoring this post. Shocked
But you are welcome to carry on believing whatever you wish !!!!

In the meantime i will carry on with what i was doing

regards

Post #18883013th Aug 2007 3:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon_arch1

BBS Spy - the thing is - I think many of us don't need or want the whole rovacom type functionality, at the price that it is - but a simpler and cheaper solution to provide control over suspension height and a couple of other reset basics...

But there will be a large no of owners who will want fuller functionality I'm sure...

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #18902114th Aug 2007 7:34 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The reason for the +10mph (not kph Wink ) increase is that it doesn't increase hthe stresses on the drivetrain too much, also, it decreases the chance of the higher CofG introducing instabilities resulting in a relatively high-speed rollover Shocked
Yep, it would be nice to add or takeaway 'features' such as auto lowering but this would require a total redesign of not just the suspension control systems but all systems that 'talk' to it - this take a lot of time and resources but the end product would require firmware modifications to many modules and would cost in the thousands, not hundreds Rolling Eyes
That said, based upon your feedback i'll see if we can increase the lowering speed to 45mph rather than 40mph

Post #18905614th Aug 2007 10:16 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

45MPH would do it for me, thanks.

Now get on with it then.... Thumbs Up

Post #18906614th Aug 2007 10:42 am
simon_arch1

= 72 kph in the real language - 80 would have been better, but 70 is way better than 50kph.

Thanks - how is it progressing? What will we be "getting"?

cheers,

Simon
Post #18909214th Aug 2007 11:56 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Simon.
I am aware of the need for something more dedicated.

You probably mean something like this

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/docs/eas_kicker.wmv
We knocked that up following a request made by members during a forum discussion, not unlike this one.

Reading the value of the bit that enables or disables the automatic lowering facility of the EAS on DIII, as well as the two Hex bytes that make up the trigger speed value for it, and the reciprocal raise values, is a simple matter of knowing their Parameter ID's and which locations they are at. Altering them however also requires the ability negotiation of the 3 byte anti access rolling code security.

We already know the PID's & the value / Bit locations in them, and we can also easily negotiate the security,
So It is only a matter of time for us to get round to adding this to our growing list of capabilities.

Post #19300122nd Aug 2007 2:46 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up When and how much

Post #19301422nd Aug 2007 3:03 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just hope it's better than the Faultmate..... Thud i.e. - it works!

Post #19301622nd Aug 2007 3:10 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Heine

The feature, will typically be added free of charge to the settings pages of our standard SM129 software module in either low cost FAULTMATE SV Single Vehicle system, or our FAULTMATE MV Multi vehicle systems.
We would do it when we get round to adding additional features to teh EAS for Disco III. The priority of this amongst our other work is directlky goverened by the amount of SM129 owners we have and the demand / importance of additional features.

Although we can make stand alone units such as the EAS Kicker to do specific tasks at one or two hundred pounds sterling, there needs to be sufficient demand for any given project to make it's development cost effective.

Hello Iain, (10forcash)
Thank you for your input.

I understand from our Admin that you got the refund for your MV system and all shipping costs Ok.
Once again i am sorry that you were not happy with your system and that it was not what you expected.

On that note, I am still awaiting a response to my question about what morte you think i could have done for you on this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic10942-90.html

I think it is very important that as many people as possible on this forum get to see and appreciate the level of professionalism our company employed in resolving your obvious disatisfaction with me and our system. It is after all one of the things the forum actually exists for in the first place.

As the owner of a business yourself, i am sure you will also appreciate how important it is to us that the members of this forum realise that without any request for such from yourself, we immediately offered you the option of a full refund including all shipping costs, as soon as it became obvious you were not happy with your system and were unwilling to wait for us to clear up a few small bugs.

It is after all at rare times like these that customers really get to see how the owners of a business is most likely to behave when such matters of dissatisfaction need resolving. After all, every company, however good, will always get some poeple they can't please for whatever reason.

Personally, i am proud to say that i feel i can look back on my comments, behaviour and level of professionalism with pride. I think any prospective customer can read both our comments and now uniquely be fully assured that no matter what the circumstance or provocation, they can expect nothing less than the most professional levels of service at Blackbox Solutions Ltd, Furthermore, we are grateful to you for providing true living proof to everyone that we are indeed a respectable and trustworthy company that will not argue, haggle or otherwise dodge our commitments and promises, as was the case with you, if anyone else is ever unhappy with anything they purchase from us, They too can expect a full refund. That has absolutely always been my policy and to date you are the third person we have ever refunded.

I thank you for providing continuing opportunities that allow me to demonstrate to any potential customers on this forum just what they can expect when choosing to deal with our company.

regards

Post #19304722nd Aug 2007 4:07 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

OK shall I set up a poll to see who is interested Question

Post #19338523rd Aug 2007 7:53 am
Horto22

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

If the computer control systems are so complicated why not just bypass them by approaching the problem from another direction. The suspension heights are all set by similar hieght sensors to that on the D2, so why cant the sensor positions be alterered. I was thinking of installing solenoid ( 1 ateach sensor) to allow the chasis mounting end of the sensor are to be adjusted. If they work similar to D2 a 25mm extension or throw out on the soleniod should lift car 50mm. This would then allow the additional 50mm of lift vai activating Offroad mode.

The solenoids would simply raise all modes by 50 mm allowing standard mode (now 50mm higher) to be maintaind at full speed, the 50 + 50 =100mm offroad mode would still only be available to 40 kmh before lowering back to 50mm raised hieght.

Off coarse the solenoid height could be selected to raise vehicle whatever owner liked.
 2010 White D4 TDV6 3.0l SE, Rear Diff Lock.  
Post #19502326th Aug 2007 2:11 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >