Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

NHS rant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
AAA.Happy.Disco1.Fan

Wales 

Moo wrote:
For the past 20 years I have been working in the Medical Devices market supplying the NHS and other national healthcare services globally.

What I would like to see is a resetting of peoples expectations on what it can deliver, a broader and more open appreciation that there are other care providers that can deliver quality of services outside of the UK and more joined up thinking about the cost of healthcare and lifestyle choices. ... withdrawing core services from those that abuse the system would go a long way to help reset peoples understanding on how their behaviour impacts the NHS and themselves.

You can add into this diet for bowel disesae, alcohol abuse, drug abuse etc etc etc. We need to make people accountable and reset their expectaions on what the NHS can deliver.

Stop knocking it and support the staff running it. We are very lucky to have it. Thumbs Up

Both a Thumbs Up
and a Sad
from me for your great contribution.
I know that we disagree on 'outsourcing' to the private, profit driven sector - but let's put that aside for a while.
What concerns me are the repercussions of a policy of refusing care for those who have (knowingly ?) visited their misfortunes upon themselves.
There seem to be but two outcomes
1) These sick, infectious and contagious untermensch are left to roam the streets, spreading disease & pestilence, until they die on some derelict land;
2) There is a resurgence of hospitals and care facilities run by religious +/ charitable organizations who will take these rejects in, and act as a type of St mother Teresa.

AAA Question

Post #17160966th Oct 2016 9:54 am
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

For a start let's remove the ability to get vanity surgery on the NHS. Augmentation for the sake of it rather than to fix an actual problem at the cost of thousands. I disagree with IVF for those who have had kids naturally in earlier life. You want more kids? Adopt! Remove the ability to undergo surgery because they don't have the will power to stop eating! Put them in health farms with psychiatric help. Train more psychiatric health services to help unburden the A&E and police services.
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #17161156th Oct 2016 11:13 am
Pelyma

England 

J77 wrote:
DigitalJunior wrote:
As part of my job I manage A&E flow and am one of the senior managers that gets such a good deal (apparently) and therefore very knowledgable on this subject but I'm not going to comment due to the tone taken by some members towards NHS staff. Quite disappointing tbh.

Yes but it's even more disappointing when a relative is neglected by NHS staff who are paid to care. My gran was dying (they admitted they knew) yet they thought it was a good idea to send her to another hospital to learn how to make herself a f Censored king cup of tea and toast, FFS, a dying woman, she got rushed back the same night and she slowly slipped away over the next 5 days. Another woman in my grans ward in her 80s, blind, her dinner just left lying on her table well out of reach, not one nurse bothered to help her, my mum fed her, the nurses too busy standing around planning their Friday night.

It was disgusting to see a woman who I was very close to being treated like a second class citizen. She never stole time of anyone and in her time of need the NHS failed her. A lot more errors happened but I won't go into.

There are a lot of good ones but it's difficult when a relative has received poor standards of care to look past the bad ones.

This is nothing new, my great uncle was in Bognor Hospital 18 or 19 years ago, he was blind and was left to fend for himself when the meal was left in front of him, when they cleared up it was a comment of, "not hungry today" he didn't even know it was there. I work a lot with the elderly and it is shocking to see the NHS view of the elderly. I don't know why the NHS is like it and in many areas they do a great job, but care of the elderly is shocking.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #17161526th Oct 2016 12:32 pm
al cope

England 

christ guys - I know I was trying to get something off my chest, but didnt thank it would start "war & peace".

To those that work in the NHS, hats off to you, I couldnt do it for any price. I'd want to top myself very quickly faced with what you probably see day in, day out. To those who have suffered at the hands of those providing a very poor service, its hard (much harder than what we faced earlier in the week) to take when it looks like you see folks that don't appear to care. Even on our visit, it was easy to see that whatever care and compassion folks had, it appeared to have been drained out of them.

So, maybe we stop the thread now, thanks for the comments/support/etc, but lets leave it there - my old man is OK, scans turned out to be clear, so for now I am happy.

Thanks
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #17161936th Oct 2016 2:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AAA.Happy.Disco1.Fan

Wales 

============================================

Post #17163386th Oct 2016 7:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >