Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

NHS rant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

If the NHS is broken, are politicians not right to look at ways to mend it? It’s funny to moan about whats wrong with it and then protest against others wanting change!

“Hands off our NHS” sounds so boring when the bloody thing is broken!
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #17156115th Oct 2016 9:01 am
al cope

England 

I guess my reply to that is its not politicians who should be trying to fix it, its healthcare professionals who understand what needs to be fixed/changed who should be doing it. Politicians are only involved as no changes seem to be coming from the NHS itself, therefore it makes good newspaper political headlines.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #17156155th Oct 2016 9:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Well said Al

Jeremy Hunt is a political opportunist....who knows less than zero about the NHS (or little else for that matter)

The changes have to come from within...
The management out to be senior medical, nursing & technical personnel not the management types we have right now.....academically qualified in most instances but totally lacking in skills, experience, overall capability & the knowledge of what hospitals are all about.

I have a college who is a very capable & qualified marine engineer (1st class steam & motor tickets) that was in charge of the services side of a group of hospitals (heating, power, electrics, structures) that was undermined to have a manager who was half his age no technical qualifications & a paltry amount of management experience be in overall charge. What an injustice as years ago the minimum qualification to get a junior role in hospital services was an HNC preferably an HND electrical.

This typifies the rotten decisions that are made that have far reaching implications & compound Oma get other situations.

Significantly the government interference is from career politicians who are in the "game" for thier own gratification.....MP, then if not retired sacked, given a knighthood & then the House of Lords.

Absolutely shameful what is being done - note by both sides of the political spectrum.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #17156335th Oct 2016 10:11 am
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Of course, the elephant in the room here is that NHS staff - at all levels - are, these days, pretty well remunerated (some extremely well remunerated) when you take into account the gold-plated pension and benefits they have. In that context I have to admit that the posturing of the junior doctors annoys me somewhat Rolling Eyes

Post #17156365th Oct 2016 10:25 am
Brian_DL13

Re: Well said Al

BLFarrar wrote:
The changes have to come from within...
The management out to be senior medical, nursing & technical personnel not the management types we have right now.....academically qualified in most instances but totally lacking in skills, experience, overall capability & the knowledge of what hospitals are all about.

I have a college who is a very capable & qualified marine engineer (1st class steam & motor tickets) that was in charge of the services side of a group of hospitals (heating, power, electrics, structures) that was undermined to have a manager who was half his age no technical qualifications & a paltry amount of management experience be in overall charge. What an injustice as years ago the minimum qualification to get a junior role in hospital services was an HNC preferably an HND electrical.

Yep, there are many things wrong with the NHS but over-promoted and over-paid managers who are lacking in experience and skills are the top one I'd say.

Post #17156375th Oct 2016 10:29 am
AAA.Happy.Disco1.Fan

Wales 

crews control wrote:
If the NHS is broken, are politicians not right to look at ways to mend it? It’s funny to moan about whats wrong with it and then protest against others wanting change!

Correct
AND

​IF​
# ​T​he Chief Officer, Chair and Finance Director are the people who set about breaking the organization intentionally, in a way designed so that it could be relatively easily re-constructed;
# They already had a queue / line, of buyers eager and willing to purchase the organization at 'Fire Sale' prices;
# This cabal had infiltrated numerous Fifth Columnists, and Fellow Travellers into positions of power and influence within the organization, who were managing & supervising the faux breakdown;
# The Big Three, and their cohorts had a past record of perpetrating this system of asset stripping;
# Experiments in the total transfer of discrete parts of such organizations in the very recent past had proved 'much less than successful'
# Attempts by these entrepreneurs to set up their own provision had relied on the morals and techniques of cattle rustlers, free-loaders and carpet-baggers

​THEN

Rather than selling off the organization at scrap value, only to find it on the forecourt two weeks later at a premium price, but only available as a rental item​, and
The rental per week was 100 times the scrap value price.

MIGHT
It not be a better idea to sack the present conniving Censored , employ some of the highly skilled professionals (enthusiasts) who actually appreciated the marque, and "DIY"?

AAA Laughing

Post #17156485th Oct 2016 11:07 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Brian_DL13 wrote:
Of course, the elephant in the room here is that NHS staff - at all levels - are, these days, pretty well remunerated (some extremely well remunerated) when you take into account the gold-plated pension and benefits they have. In that context I have to admit that the posturing of the junior doctors annoys me somewhat Rolling Eyes

My eldest is about to qualify as a Doctor (so I'm biased) - but I'm not 100% sure what gold plated pension and benefits she will have?

And how is it fair to have a 'contract' forced onto one party by another? - hence the movement of English doctors wanting to work in Scotland and overseas - particularly Australia?

Why is it that 36% of Doctors in the UK did not train here? - and Theresa May has the eye watering arrogance to claim they are only here temporarily whilst the NHS works to become 'self sufficient'

No wonder the staff are demoralised

Last edited by adam on 5th Oct 2016 11:35 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #17156525th Oct 2016 11:19 am
sycove

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

A while back my son cut his arm, it was clear it needed stitched.
Into A&E it went like this

wait 10 mins to see reception
    Receptionist: did you call NHS direct?
    Me: No, its obvious it needs a stitch, and they can't yet do that over the phone
    Receptionist gives be a talking to for not following the "rules"
    20 minute wait for Triage nurse
    Triage nurse: It needs a stitch, I used to be allowed to do it but now he will need to see a doctor
    4 hour wait for doctor
    Doctor: It needs a stitch, the triage nurse can do it
    30 minute wait to see triage nurse again
    triage nurse stitched it in 5 mins

So 5 hours to get a stitch put in. The NHS staff are brilliant (except the snooty receptionist) but the system lets them down all the time. I think we should go back to letting the matron run the wards

Post #17156585th Oct 2016 11:30 am
Brian_DL13

adam wrote:
Brian_DL13 wrote:

My eldest is about to qualify as a Doctor (so I'm biased) - but I'm not 100% sure what gold plated pension and benefits she will have?

Surely that is self-evident. Just compare the final-salary pension, the sick pay, maternity pay, holiday allowance with what is commonly available in the private sector Rolling Eyes

Quote:

And how is it fair to have a 'contract' forced onto one party by another? - hence the movement of English doctors wanting to work in Scotland and overseas - particularly Australia?

I think many young people want to see what working abroad (in places with a better climate and other conditions) is like. My niece is a hairdresser and working in Australia. The only thing different about doctors is that the government (until the latest announcement) has never insisted on clawing back some or all of their training costs.
Quote:

Why is it that 36% of Doctors in the UK did not train here? - and Theresa May has the eye watering arrogance to claim they are only here temporarily whilst the NHS works to become 'self sufficient'

Because successive governments over many years have - typical politicians - taken the cheapest short term option - ie employ Filipinos or Indians or WHY rather than training more people born here.[/quote]

Post #17156655th Oct 2016 11:43 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Short sighted and mis-guided view I'm afraid, you have your opinion, I'll have mine

Last edited by adam on 5th Oct 2016 12:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #17156805th Oct 2016 12:30 pm
Brian_DL13

Quote:
Short sighted and mis-guided view view I'm afraid,

In your opinion

Quote:
you have your opinion, I'll have mine 

Indeed

Post #17156815th Oct 2016 12:36 pm
sycove

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

AAA.Happy.Disco1.Fan wrote:
crews control wrote:

Correct
AND

​IF​
# ​T​he Chief Officer, Chair and Finance Director are the people who set about breaking the organization intentionally, in a way designed so that it could be relatively easily re-constructed;
# They already had a queue / line, of buyers eager and willing to purchase the organization at 'Fire Sale' prices;
# This cabal had infiltrated numerous Fifth Columnists, and Fellow Travellers into positions of power and influence within the organization, who were managing & supervising the faux breakdown;
# The Big Three, and their cohorts had a past record of perpetrating this system of asset stripping;
# Experiments in the total transfer of discrete parts of such organizations in the very recent past had proved 'much less than successful'
# Attempts by these entrepreneurs to set up their own provision had relied on the morals and techniques of cattle rustlers, free-loaders and carpet-baggers

​THEN

Rather than selling off the organization at scrap value, only to find it on the forecourt two weeks later at a premium price, but only available as a rental item​, and
The rental per week was 100 times the scrap value price.

MIGHT
It not be a better idea to sack the present conniving Censored , employ some of the highly skilled professionals (enthusiasts) who actually appreciated the marque, and "DIY"?

AAA Laughing

This site needs a like button Thumbs Up

Post #17156835th Oct 2016 12:46 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

NHS is bleeding money due to paying agencies and overtime to cover the shortage of staff. Staff will leave teh NHS to work for agency as they are paid a much better rate.

Pay staff a decent wage which reduces number of those leaving, appeals to more staff joining and thereby reduces agency costs..... but first you have to pay the proper rate.
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #17156855th Oct 2016 12:49 pm
daftlad

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Brian_DL13 wrote:
Quote:
Short sighted and mis-guided view view I'm afraid,

In your opinion

Quote:
you have your opinion, I'll have mine 

Indeed

Adam is spot on . as stated my wife works in the pressure cooker environment we all run straight to in crisis also know as the NHS

Gold Plated pension , Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Less than 9 quid an hour for all the Censored she takes from the public as she is the point of contact for them , not to mention physical abuse , dealing with immigrants who think they are due the world and only been in the UK 5 mins Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
that's my last word as this is such a sensitive issue to me , unless seen from the inside I don't think we are qualified to pass commentPhil

Post #17156895th Oct 2016 1:01 pm
ianb4310

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

^^^^^^well said
 D4 rear lights
Beanie grill
Dynachip remap
4x4 info
HSE Wheels 

Post #17156935th Oct 2016 1:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>