Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 69 of 286 <123 ... 686970 ... 284285286>
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

rrhool wrote:
This time last year, almost to the day, a truck delivering plant to a builder down the lane destroyed my fence -

Click image to enlarge

1 year later, a truck delivering tarmac to the same site has done it again! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Click image to enlarge

Blokes giving him Thumbs Up so looks like he has room-just!

Post #216429629th Jul 2020 10:11 am
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

He did (he's reversing out), until he turned the wheel and hooked the fence with the front bumper! Big Cry
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #216430229th Jul 2020 10:44 am
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

HWN wrote:
Do you cut your hedges with a laser, Richard?! Shocked Thumbs Up

It's really easy to rest the hedge trimmer on the top rail of the fence Thumbs Up when the fence is there!
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #216430729th Jul 2020 11:16 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Today I can only rant at myself for being a numpty........ Rolling Eyes

Travelling up to Halewood on a regular basis I have been 'caught out' forgetting to pay the Merseyflow toll of £2.00 each way crossing on a few occasions costing me £20+£2 toll each time (£40 if you don't pay in 14 days).

So then I stuck a big note on my desk a to remind me and that stemmed the flow of tickets.

Today I get two PCN's pinged in from company vehicles, quick look at the date and I'm sure I've paid so check my email receipts and, yep, I have paid.

Just started to pen a "hah, tossers" to Merseyflow authorities when I realise that I did indeed pay but was using SWMBO's Evoque on that particular day and had paid for my own RRS.

Big Cry Embarassed Censored Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Post #216486331st Jul 2020 3:08 pm
Pelyma

England 

Rolling with laughter Sorry Embarassed
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #216486431st Jul 2020 3:14 pm
SN

East Lancashire and North East Manchester (and West Yorkshire). Evil or Very Mad

B*stards are causing infection rates to rise and lo and behold ALL of Greater Manchester including the bit way to the South of where idiotic shenanigans are going on where Gareth, Adam and I live has got caught in this stupid unnecessary lockdown re-application.

I'm still going to the pub tonight (as laws ain't passed yet) so there!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #216487831st Jul 2020 4:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
desv8

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

So whats got my goat.

Hi all, very new to disco 3 but had a disco 2 for many years and still have my my discovery 2 as i can't bring myself to part with it, since having the discovery 3 selling the discovery 2 would be like be parting with my first born, just can't bring myself to do it so sticking with two. Big Cry

Now whats got my goat??

Are there any garages left that care about our cars as much as we do? After buying my Discovery 3 I thought I would have the gearbox flushed as from knowledged gained mainly from you guys, as a preventative measure this is a good move, particularly as i had know prior history of it being done and the car was on 183k.

Now! I was aware that the lower gearbox coolant pipe was weeping, i did not make the garage aware as was hoping that prior to flushing the box they would have checked the system! I also thought that flushing was done via the flow and return to the pipes on the RAD? (Might be wrong) and foolishly thought that a leak would be obvious and they would advise!

Anyway they flushed the box, I paid the money and drove away. When i got home I checked the leak and still there. Now I'm not p****d that they didn't fix the leak just that they didn't identify it! If I was changing the oil in a gearbox the first thing I would check would be the system. If there's a leak why put fresh oil in that will just leak out?

Anyway sorry if this is going on but I fixed the leak by tightening up the pipe jubilee clip took all of about 1 minute and done 1000 miles scince and no problem.

Now I am going on! had 2 rear tyres fitted at the same time and a few days ago identified that one of the back plates was rubbing on the disc! would this not have been obvious when changing the tyre?? Am I being unfair? possibly

Really going on now but also had an 02 sensor changed at the same time but had to tell them which one to change because they did know bank A from B! and yes they are Indi Land Rover.

Anyway got my Goat but we move on, love my Land Rovers Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #216496231st Jul 2020 10:40 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Quote:
Anyway they flushed the box, I paid the money and drove away. When i got home I checked the leak and still there. Now I'm not p****d that they didn't fix the leak just that they didn't identify it! If I was changing the oil in a gearbox the first thing I would check would be the system. If there's a leak why put fresh oil in that will just leak out?

How remiss of them - I thought it was "mandatory" for garages to report faults like that to the owner, even when the fault was an imaginary one. Reporting a fault would ensure at least two things:
A customer satisfied that the garage cares for them so much
More money in their coffers.

There is a variation on this -they fix the "fault", net tell the customer in advance and add the additional work to the bill....
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #21649931st Aug 2020 7:55 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

SN wrote:
East Lancashire and North East Manchester (and West Yorkshire). Evil or Very Mad

B*stards are causing infection rates to rise and lo and behold ALL of Greater Manchester including the bit way to the South of where idiotic shenanigans are going on where Gareth, Adam and I live has got caught in this stupid unnecessary lockdown re-application.

the lockdown announcement was issued as "guidance" and said "you should follow these rules" ... so you don't have to stick to it.

However ... there are spikes of cases in Stockport and parts of Salford so we need to stop relaxing the previous restrictions. It's just convenient for this lazy government we have that it's Eid and there are large Muslim populations within the zone, also conveniently a long way from London, they have picked on to see if they can bring back lockdown in phases.

[/rant]

I'll go back to the politics area now Laughing

Post #21649951st Aug 2020 8:32 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

SN wrote:

Just for you! Laughing Laughing Whistle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613

Post #21650181st Aug 2020 2:07 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Why are school kids going to pubs anyway?

Don't see the link between the two, to be honest. If there is one, ban parents from pubs and let the rest of us enjoy a pint out.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #21650191st Aug 2020 2:24 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Hardware wrote:
It's just convenient for this lazy government we have that it's Eid and there are arge Muslim populations within the zone, also conveniently a long way from London, they have picked on to see if they can bring back lockdown in phases.

[/rant]

I'll go back to the politics area now Laughing

A very cynical view, Dean! Rather than random - or racist - selection, could it be anything to do with Eid involving celebration with large social groups (at home and in religious gatherings)? Statistically, Asian people in the UK live at a higher occupancy rate per house than the white population (partly due to multi-generational living). Not only do these factors suggest a higher risk of infection, "BAME" people are at a higher risk of death if they do become infected. So, if it is a targeted lockdown, there could be some logic behind it (though I wouldn't give the government any credit for it being a well thought-out policy).

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #21650211st Aug 2020 2:37 pm
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Why are school kids going to pubs anyway?

Don't see the link between the two, to be honest. If there is one, ban parents from pubs and let the rest of us enjoy a pint out.

Nothing to do with kids in pubs. What they are suggesting is that if pubs are open and kids are back at school, there's more chance of infection spreading in the pubs. Remove that option, and the risk of infection drops.

Post #21650341st Aug 2020 4:42 pm
Hardware

the way it's going, schools won't be able to open so pubs will be safe. only in terms of opening ... nothing safe about going to any of the pubs round here.

Post #21650471st Aug 2020 6:02 pm
Hardware

Hugh ... I've moved my response to the Corona politics thread.

Post #21650511st Aug 2020 6:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 69 of 286 <123 ... 686970 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >