Whats your fuel consumption?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

WOODY179 wrote:
Martin wrote:
scorpio wrote:
I was getting the same economy as you in my 05 spec but I now have a 06 spec and have seen a big jump in fuel economy I dont know why.

Same manufacturer/type of tyres?

I am also getting much better fuel economy since moving to the 06 spec. The only difference is that I am now running on Pirelli Scorpion Zero's whereas on the 05 it was on Goodyear Wranglers.

mmm opens up the tyre debate again.

So do we go for Wrangler's, Syncrones, Zero's ??? want good wet road, dry road, snow and ice and play day off road performance. Wrangler's seem to be good at all but become DAMN noisy when they wear !

Post #271899th Nov 2005 10:49 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

simon wrote:
WOODY179 wrote:
Martin wrote:
scorpio wrote:
I was getting the same economy as you in my 05 spec but I now have a 06 spec and have seen a big jump in fuel economy I dont know why.

I am also getting much better fuel economy since moving to the 06 spec. The only difference is that I am now running on Pirelli Scorpion Zero's whereas on the 05 it was on Goodyear Wranglers.

So do we go for Wrangler's, Syncrones, Zero's ??? want good wet road, dry road, snow and ice and play day off road performance. Wrangler's seem to be good at all but become DAMN noisy when they wear !

Should we read anything into it that LR seam to be using Scorpions as standard now or is it just a price thing for them?

Post #271929th Nov 2005 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

Cliff H wrote:
simon wrote:
WOODY179 wrote:
Martin wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Should we read anything into it that LR seam to be using Scorpions as standard now or is it just a price thing for them?

Pricing and retaining as much margin as possible without compromising the ride and performance of the D3

Post #271939th Nov 2005 10:53 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Martin wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Hi Martin

exactly the same make of tyres Pirelli, so that is no difference but I have noticed that it seems smoother and I dont have to push it so hard to get it moving before dropping back to about 1500/1700 revs.

Post #272119th Nov 2005 11:17 pm
simon

scorpio wrote:
Martin wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Hi Martin

exactly the same make of tyres Pirelli, so that is no difference but I have noticed that it seems smoother and I dont have to push it so hard to get it moving before dropping back to about 1500/1700 revs.

Engine mapping then... can we find out for sure ?

Post #272129th Nov 2005 11:19 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

What is truly amazing, given modern robotic manufacturing, is the staggering differences between D3s in a number of areas, fuel consumption and steering being amongst them. What is clear is that there is a big difference between the manual and automatic boxes: I did a bit of a test today - same journey, country roads, four times, twice in each direction, in two different D3s. The automatic did the whole trip at 7mpg less than the manual. I reckon that both performed well under the LR estimate, and that the fuel computer is not very accurate.

As has been said a number of times before, the only accurate way to assess fuel consumption is to ignore the onboard computer, and to a manual check.

I also think now that tyre pressure plays quite a big part, and that 33lbs in the front boots is too low.

Post #272169th Nov 2005 11:30 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Does the 06 HSE still have Wranglers on th 19" rims?

Post #272179th Nov 2005 11:31 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Gareth wrote:
Does the 06 HSE still have Wranglers on th 19" rims?

Mine has the Pirelli's on it, dont know whether it is luck of the draw though.

They do seem to be a lot quieter than the Goodyear's, but I have also noticed that the car seems to be more responsive.
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #272299th Nov 2005 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

if it's of any interest my 06 SE manual has the Pirelli Scorpions on but over the
1400 miles I've done since new has averaged about 23mpg by the trip computer and because I've always been in the habit of doing empty to full fuel fill ups to check consumption, turns out the computer is only about 0.2mpg out overall. I would imagine mine is quite low because I do a lot of sub 2mile journeys, my D2 manual took about 5000mls before it crept over 25 Smile
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #2725710th Nov 2005 10:29 am
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

just been on the rrsport site and they are claiming much better mpg for a tdv6 rrsport WHY IS THIS i nearly bought a rrsport maybe i should have Crying or Very sad

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #2735810th Nov 2005 8:46 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

RRS is likely to be slightly better as it's a lighter vehicle. What MPG figures are Martins other crowd claiming?
 The End  
Post #2735910th Nov 2005 9:06 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Slimer wrote:
RRS is likely to be slightly better as it's a lighter vehicle. What MPG figures are Martins other crowd claiming?

not exactly sure but i can remember the figure 32 mpg a few times, that is 12.5 mpg more than mine Shocked unbeleavable.

god i really am Censored off with my mpg, spoke to the dealer today and they said that 19.5 was fair enough more than most are getting Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i give up, mrs shawn says its a joke and i am beginning to agree

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #2756911th Nov 2005 9:04 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

'More than most are getting' Rubbish! In a V8 maybe not in a TDV6. Unless all your driving is in town you should be in the mid to high 20s
I average 28-30 on the daily commute and can easily get over that on a good run
 The End  
Post #2757211th Nov 2005 9:10 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Get your dealer to lend you one of their cars for a week and see how it compares
 The End  
Post #2757311th Nov 2005 9:11 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Shawn I was getting the same MPG as you in my other vehicle since changing that has gone up around town by nearly 2 mpg with only 175 miles on the clock I expect it to get better as time goes by and will know more after a long journey I am doing tomorrow.

Post #2758311th Nov 2005 10:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >