Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

2012MY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Will it be possible to have the commercial with 255 donkies as an option?
 I can resist everything except TEMPTATION
Can Am Commander 1000XT
Seen the light and bought a 4Motion T5 

Post #80088627th May 2011 9:21 am
Snowy

England 

Yes Thumbs Up
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #80089027th May 2011 9:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Thumbs Up
 I can resist everything except TEMPTATION
Can Am Commander 1000XT
Seen the light and bought a 4Motion T5 

Post #80089527th May 2011 9:40 am
Bristol Disco2

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

DG wrote:
Bristol Disco2 wrote:

Obviously you know everything anyway.

When I have a certain document sat in front of me, then in respect of the context of this thread then ...yes , I do Thumbs Up

I was initially trying to politely clarify and assist you where you could have been perhaps 'unintentionally' misled on specification in a sale scenario for the 2012MY Rolling Eyes However, you chose to second guess the validity of my polite advice and make it into a competition over who knows the most or least.

Thanks for your support Thumbs Up

If that is your way of being polite I would hate to see rude and aggressive.
No competition and not questioning what you are saying just reporting what I had heard. No need to over react old boy.
Care to share this wonderful document for the avoidance of any doubt? Would make this thread and all rumour more factual based????

Post #80093527th May 2011 1:23 pm
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mrandmrsh wrote:
The 210bhp commercial emissions are 224, the 255 bhp gs etc. is 230g per whatever blah blah (not really into all this Eco sh&t) Thumbs Up

C

I'm into saving £200+ a year VED, more in the first year - can't believe they would only get it to 230 when 225 is the big tax hike - they've lost my sale on the grounds of stupidity if nothing else.

Post #80093627th May 2011 1:27 pm
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I spoke to the general manager at the dealer yesterday. He told me in general terms about the MY2012 changes (basically agreeing with me when I mentioned Jag 8 speed auto, lower emissions, increased bhp, wheel design changes). He told me that the embargo will be lifted on 7 July and build of MY2012 starts on 22 August.

We had a good old chat on prices but he told me that his leeway with discounts was limited because the quota of D4's (2012) that they have been allocated will not allow them to achieve their sales objectives/profit margins across the business. That appears to be because LR are allocating far more cars to emerging markets such as China (as has been flagged on this forum before I think). that's a shame for us customers too obviously but to be fair to the dealers they are being asked to operate with one hand tied behind their back when they have what seems to be a great product that they could sell all day long for little or no discount off list.

Anyway, he told me that he could give me a bit more detail next week so I've arranged to pop in and have a chat with a view to ordering a new XS (2012) or possibly putting my name down for a 6 month old 2011 HSE model which they have given to a sponsor and which is due back in September and which he would "do me a deal on". I guess that makes sense - shift an "old" car that doesn't clutter up his forecourt come September and sell all the 2012 D4's he can at full list. Job done. I need to think hard about that one when he gives me numbers next week but I can exclusively reveal that Mrs G likes the sound of the HSE.....!

Cheers

P

Post #80093827th May 2011 1:30 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

DG wrote:
Bristol Disco2 wrote:

Stereo is revised Logic 7 on HSE

You might want to seek clarification on that Wink

Quote:
The High-ICE system is fitted as standard to XS and HSE derivatives.

The harman/kardon premium LOGIC7 ICE system ...<edit>... This system will be available as an option for Commercial, XS and HSE derivatives

Whistle

Bristol Disco2 wrote:
If that is your way of being polite I would hate to see rude and aggressive.

What in name of Antony Worrall Thompson is rude about that Question

Anyway lets move on Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #80095027th May 2011 2:52 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Good to see normal service is resumed!

Post #80095227th May 2011 3:17 pm
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

pjgraham86 wrote:
I spoke to the general manager at the dealer yesterday. He told me in general terms about the MY2012 changes (basically agreeing with me when I mentioned Jag 8 speed auto, lower emissions, increased bhp, wheel design changes). He told me that the embargo will be lifted on 7 July and build of MY2012 starts on 22 August.

We had a good old chat on prices but he told me that his leeway with discounts was limited because the quota of D4's (2012) that they have been allocated will not allow them to achieve their sales objectives/profit margins across the business. That appears to be because LR are allocating far more cars to emerging markets such as China (as has been flagged on this forum before I think). that's a shame for us customers too obviously but to be fair to the dealers they are being asked to operate with one hand tied behind their back when they have what seems to be a great product that they could sell all day long for little or no discount off list.

Anyway, he told me that he could give me a bit more detail next week so I've arranged to pop in and have a chat with a view to ordering a new XS (2012) or possibly putting my name down for a 6 month old 2011 HSE model which they have given to a sponsor and which is due back in September and which he would "do me a deal on". I guess that makes sense - shift an "old" car that doesn't clutter up his forecourt come September and sell all the 2012 D4's he can at full list. Job done. I need to think hard about that one when he gives me numbers next week but I can exclusively reveal that Mrs G likes the sound of the HSE.....!

Cheers

P

So basically they can sell all the D4s they can make to the newly wealthy of Asia and they are not that bothered about engineering vehicles to be UK tax friendly! In think I'll be hanging onto mine until it becomes a P38 type money pit.

PS how does fuel consumption of a Freelander with a very large roof box compare to a D4?

PSS I seem to be in a minority of one on this forum being seriously bothered about running costs (I'm retired) - you folks all putting them down as business assets?

Post #80097627th May 2011 5:45 pm
jenzz

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

yes. Thumbs Up

Post #80103227th May 2011 7:53 pm
CountryTanker

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

I popped back in to the dealer yesterday and did a bit more chatting up of the not unattractive lady in sales......... Whistle

DG - apologies, i misread the 'document' last time; you're absolutely right Bow down : Premium 850W Logic 7 is a £1200 option to XS and HSE who get 380W upgraded High Line as standard. Apparantly this is to try and keep the cost of the new model down now they have added an 8 Sp box etc.

Also noted that High Beam Assist has been deleted from the standard HSE spec bizarrely Question

New 10 Spoke 19inch alloys for the HSE look nice. XS gets the current HSE wheels.

On the plus side, HSE gets Timed Climate Control as standard but without the remote control which remains an option. You can now programme it out 7 days now as well, ie have the car ready for work during the week and not at weekends.

Those with reversing cameras know that you get fixed yellow guidelines, those with surround cameras know that the guidance lines bend when you turn the wheel. Apparantly, everyone with a reversing camera will get bendy lines.

Radio, Nav information and 'turn by turn' instructions now repeated on the instrument 5" screen - at last, as Audi have done for the last 10 years!

Oh and there's a new key as well, smaller, smoother and with more functionality.

I think CO2 is down to 230 and MPG up to 33.5 (which resumably translates to 30 in the real world?!)

I can't think of anything else that hasn't been brought out already.
 1996 D1 (Legendary workhorse) - now KIA
2010 D4 HSE 

Post #80112728th May 2011 8:35 am
Guy

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't miss High Beam Assist: not the greatest thing in the world (as has been discussed elsewhere on the forum)...

Post #80117028th May 2011 12:26 pm
CountryTanker

Guy, completely agree.

Actually, i don't think the current LOGIC 7 system is that good either which means i won't miss it on my next D4 Smile but i'm slightly nervous of what i'll get with the Hi Line. Confused
2010 D4 HSE 

Post #80118228th May 2011 1:47 pm
Guy

United Kingdom 

When the D4 came out I drove both the new FFRR (the one with the split video screen) and a D4 on the same day. It was noticeable (to me at least) that the audio quality of the D4 Logic 7 system was much better than that in the FFRR: the FFRR system sounded decidedly woolly in comparison, which is unusual given the extra dosh (and, yes, I did make sure there was nothing obviously wrong with the set up of the audio controls in the FFRR).

I have to say that the thing that surprised me most when I picked up my D4 a few months ago was the quality of the DAB radio. I'm not a big fan of DAB for normal listening but, in the D4 it's great. I rarely use FM now and I only get the occasional DAB drop-out. I was expecting it to descend into digital mush every time I went behind a hill or drove through a built-up area but it's impressively resilient. Thumbs Up

Post #80118928th May 2011 2:59 pm
CountryTanker

I'm sure a techie audiofile will tell me different but i find the whole stereo comparison thing utterly subjective. I have found that the D4 LOGIC system distorts to much, even at low volumn, particularly with female voices (though perhaps that is me too used to tuning out SWMBO Shocked ).

Totally agree about the DAB though Thumbs Up
2010 D4 HSE 

Post #80119728th May 2011 3:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 12 <123 ... 678 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >