dubbs12th Oct 2013 1:00 pm
pgoeij15th Jan 2014 8:19 pm
karlglass16th Feb 2018 6:58 pm
kineland25th Feb 2018 6:05 pm
vaspista3rd Jan 2021 7:46 am

flydive

Switzerland 

Eureka, Success finally!!

Played around with the potentiometer, turned it a bit one direction, a bit the other way, back again and suddenly blowers started up, could then set the speed as preferred.

As Flack said, it seems that it does not shut down when I turn on the ignition on.

Also, but I have to check that, it seems that if you start the car before the time is up the FBH might not work in automatic, but as I said, just my impression, I will have to confirm it.

Anyway, was tough to get there but now very happy with it.

A bit of help here a bit there we finally worked it out, we make a good team, thanks guys. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #7409094th Jan 2011 12:58 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Still waiting to find out about my unit - as yet still no reply to PM sent. Not a happy bunny!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #7409144th Jan 2011 1:15 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

flydive

Could it be that we have used the timer setting in the GSM setup page, what if we used the program setting would that work ?...

I am about to do some more testing on the shut down will post back later with my findings.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #7409194th Jan 2011 1:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
berndv

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

flydive wrote:
Like I said my FBH seems to shut down at around 20 mins, I programmed it at 30 mins and it shuts down immediately, without the cooling down period, so I suspect fuel, also the LED is steady green till the time is up.

Mine is behaving the same but I've got over half a tank of diesel left so I doubt it is fuel.

Flydrive: I noticed a big eureka. Did you solve the 20 minutes problem as well?

Post #7409404th Jan 2011 2:24 pm
Flack

Ok gone as far as I can the only thing not working is the shut down when key is turned on.

For those that have not done it yet this is how my car is wired up.

These instructions are viewing the plugs from top looking down as in my pictures in an earlier post.

Plug 2

From the left of the plug Pin 6 connect to the Green & White wire, there is a blank hole next to the wire in the plug.

Plug 3

Red to Green & Purple
Brown to Black

Cut the wires from plug 4

Plug 4

Red to Yellow on plug on HVAC Pin 2 / other end of Yellow wire connect to cut end

Green & Black to Blue wire from Plug Pin 5 then the cut end of Green & Black to Purple wire.

When all this is done connect all the HAVAC up , Then program the GSM unit, I found Danhag's website would not work to configure the unit so I just set it up from mobile by text.

Then fire up the FBH wait for the time set for the fans to come on the start to turn the pot on the unit turn one way for about 6 full turns and then slowly back then the fans should kick in to life.

As I have said above we need to figure out the non shut down and see if the flashing Prog button on the HVAC is correct, once these are sorted it will all be fixed.

I work nights and car this morning was lovely and warm inside..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #7409664th Jan 2011 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TwelveSticks

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well done Flack. I'm sure the rest of us appreciate you leading the way like this.

Could do with some official help from the manufacturer about the outstanding issues methinks... Confused

Post #7409704th Jan 2011 3:15 pm
arhrrs

I am still waiting for mine, but it is supposed to be on it's way but it cannot be tracked!

Why isn't Danhag offering any help with the problems?

Post #7409734th Jan 2011 3:18 pm
berndv

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Might have found why the unit does not switch off when turning the ignition.
According to the GSM unit's manual, the orange wire should be used to do that but the orange wire is a dead end in the wiring harnas. I just connected the orange dead end to a 12v feed when the fbh and fans were running and immediately the green light goes out and the fbh shuts down. So apparently the cigarette lighter should have been connected to that orange wire.

Post #7409974th Jan 2011 4:13 pm
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi all
My units just arrived!! Not sure about the connecting up though it seems a bit complicated, I think I might wait a day or so, and study the instructions a bit more and see how everyone else gets on, thanks to everyone that has received and sorted their units out and have got them working and have put the details up on the forum.
I know I am a chicken, it’s partly that and that is so cold out at the moment.
Best wishes to all

Post #7410174th Jan 2011 4:57 pm
Flack

berndv
Good spot

I did read that but with not having an orange wire to play with in the instructions I just took it that it was for some other setup, have you left it connected so the FBH shuts down and if so doea it shut down in stages like normal or does it just shut down immediately. And what about the flashing prog button does this have an effect on it.

Flack Confused

berndv wrote:
Might have found why the unit does not switch off when turning the ignition.
According to the GSM unit's manual, the orange wire should be used to do that but the orange wire is a dead end in the wiring harnas. I just connected the orange dead end to a 12v feed when the fbh and fans were running and immediately the green light goes out and the fbh shuts down. So apparently the cigarette lighter should have been connected to that orange wire.

Post #7410254th Jan 2011 5:09 pm
flydive

Switzerland 

Just came of the phone with Danhag.
Berndv, yes I checked the orange wire in the plug and yes there is no power going to it, there lies the problem.It seems that there is no connection between the orange wire and the red/white wire that we connected to the cigarette lighter as per instructions. If you look at the plug that goes into the controller, the orange wire is cut and tied together with the blue one.
Is there anybody that did not yet install the harness that could check continuity between the plug( B in the picture in the instructions) and the red/white wire? Even if I'm pretty sure there is none.
Danhag says the harness is manufactured by an external company and they do not have one in stock to check, so they will get back to them.
For us that already installed everything probably the easiest and quicker solution is to run an extra wire from the red/white wire or the cig lighter to the orange wire in the controller plug, this is the way I'm going for.

I did not check if now it runs longer than 20 mins, I will do it soon.

For those that did not receive the kit yet or an email here a partial answer.
Not all kit shipped at the same time, late orders were shipped later or not yet. Unfortunately the guy responsible for the shipping is on hollyday for another few days, but thing should get sorted soon.

Post #7410314th Jan 2011 5:16 pm
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Connections

Hi all
Flack and flydive
Can I just confirm the wiring for the two units; I have ordered it with the wiring loom.
The positions of the H&V plugs are taken from looking from above.
The long yellow on the loom goes to the diesel heater pin 2 (I think mine has a red or orange cable on it)
The red and white on its own goes to the green wire on the cigarette lighter socket (plug 1)
The plain red in the loom goes to the green wire on plug 3, the middle plug on the H&V Module
The plain brown in the loom goes to the black wire on plug 3, the middle plug on the H&V Module
The plain black in the loom goes to the green wire on plug 2, the left plug on the H&V Module
Then to the cutting of the wires!!! The red/yellow and the green/black on plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module
The Yellow in the loom goes to the red/yellow on plug end plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module
The green in the loom goes to the red/yellow on the cut cable end (the one you’ve just cut)
The Blue in the loom goes to the green/black on plug end plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module
The purple in the loom goes to the green/black on the cut cable end (the one you’ve just cut)
The blanked orange cable next to the GSM remote controller goes to an ignition feed (could this be also connected to the red and white on its own goes to the green wire on the cigarette lighter socket (plug 1)?)
Flydive I have just seen your last post (re connecting the orange to the same place as the red and white cable), I will check the continuity between the orange and the red and white cable, if that is what you are looking for?
Thanks for all your help with this.
Best wishes and have a good evening

Post #7410514th Jan 2011 5:45 pm
BIG DJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the info guys.

Flydive thanks for checking on the delivery but I don't believe it's done in order as I'm sure there's others recieved already that posted that they had ordered after I did. Bit random I think.

Post #7410744th Jan 2011 6:31 pm
flydive

Switzerland 
Re: Connections

mallo wrote:
Hi all
Flack and flydive
Can I just confirm the wiring for the two units; I have ordered it with the wiring loom.
The positions of the H&V plugs are taken from looking from above.

Yes, you can say so, that is the approximate way it installs

The long yellow on the loom goes to the diesel heater pin 2 (I think mine has a red or orange cable on it)

Yes, this is correct, if you already have a wire in pin 2 you are lucky, no need to add a pin to connect the wire

The red and white on its own goes to the green wire on the cigarette lighter socket (plug 1)

Yes this is correct and there lies the problem, it seems it does not go to the orange wire in plug B on the harness picture

The plain red in the loom goes to the green wire on plug 3, the middle plug on the H&V Module

Correct

The plain brown in the loom goes to the black wire on plug 3, the middle plug on the H&V Module

Correct

The plain black in the loom goes to the green wire on plug 2, the left plug on the H&V Module

To the LIGHT green/white!!

Then to the cutting of the wires!!! The red/yellow and the green/black on plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module

red/yellow and LIGHT green/black!!

The Yellow in the loom goes to the red/yellow on plug end plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module

Yes

The green in the loom goes to the red/yellow on the cut cable end (the one you’ve just cut)

Yes

The Blue in the loom goes to the green/black on plug end plug 4, the right plug on the H&V Module

Yes, the light green/black

The purple in the loom goes to the green/black on the cut cable end (the one you’ve just cut)

Yes, the light green/black

The blanked orange cable next to the GSM remote controller goes to an ignition feed (could this be also connected to the red and white on its own goes to the green wire on the cigarette lighter socket (plug 1)?)

Yes, that should go to ignition feed, and according to the instructions it should get that from the red/white wire, but it seems there is non connection between the two. If I was you I would just add an extra wire from the blanked orange wire to the cig lighter, as you still have the harness with you just run it alongside it and attached to it. The other solution would be to wait for Danhag to figure it out with the wiring company and eventualy send a replacement, if you are willing to wait, that is.

Flydive I have just seen your last post (re connecting the orange to the same place as the red and white cable), I will check the continuity between the orange and the red and white cable, if that is what you are looking for?

Yes that is what I'm looking for, even if I'm 99% sure there is no continuity between the two. I wonder where the red white wire goes? probably nowhere

Post #7410874th Jan 2011 6:50 pm
flydive

Switzerland 

Actually, just thinking about it, tomorrow I will check if in the bundle opposite to the blanked out orange wire there is the rest of it, going to the red/white one, who knows, maybe we are lucky Wink

Post #7410934th Jan 2011 7:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 49 <123 ... 151617 ... 474849>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >