Reduced Performance Message on D4 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Discodeeva

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I get my XS in 4 days, these still can' t be the same problems. Confused
 discodeeva  
Post #6443903rd May 2010 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mash tattie

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Has anybody been told what exactly causes the restricted performance and red warning triangle? Has happened to mine twice now, both after the car had been driving a while and at speed.

Mine is an July 10 car and both faults cleared after ignition was turned off and back on again, am losing confidence in the car.

would appreciate your comments.

Post #70715922nd Oct 2010 9:55 pm
Discodeeva

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I must be lucky, no problems yet. I've done 4000 miles and 1500 miles was with a 26 ft caravan. Bow down
 discodeeva  
Post #70717222nd Oct 2010 10:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sacimiddx

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

my fault was an 'airbox' sensor

3 times to dealer to fix - been ok for 5 months now
 Illegitimi Non Carborundum  
Post #70727323rd Oct 2010 9:38 am
MeanDorris

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Reduced Performance triangle and limp along mode kicked in for me a few days ago, wasn't far from home so went back, left it for a few mins, was cleared when started back up.

All was good for a couple of days, but then happened again and this time, although cleared on re-start it came back on.

Drove it to the dealers yesterday in limp mode and also the orange engine problem warning light had come on.

The dealer says it needs a new secondary turbo, won't get the D4 back until Tues/Weds and stuck with a Corsa in the interim (which I nearly didn't get as they told me they had no loaners to start with, tried landings assit who told me was the dealers responsibility to provide a loan car and there was a process with Enterprise they could follow, called them back and they tried to sort but apparently didn't get the necessary authorisation by the end of the day but had suddenly come up with the Corsa, which they had at least two of when a I went down there, not particularly impressed!)

Post #76047512th Feb 2011 8:12 am
uttanutta

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Sorry but a long post !!!!!!!

HAd an "Engine Systems Failure" triangle arrive on the 26th of Jan, I have travelled 29,000klm in 8 months and use my Disco 4 every day for work.. Went into Limp Mode, I reset and acquired full power back but red triangle did not disappear despite quick reset and full battery disconnect reset, I was 350 klm from home, Phoned LandRover assist and had vehicle trucked away to the nearest dealer (675 klm from home) within the hour of the call. (by the way I have not seen my car since) Land Rover assist refused to take it to original dealer. I was given a rent-a-car which I used to get home and handed back the next day. My Disco 4 sat a week in the dealership with fault codes being sent to LandRover and instructions being sent back. 10 days later I was advised that a new PCM and controls cluster was required. The vehicle was now being sent back to my original dealer but it would take a further 7 days just to be delivered to the original dealer as the D4 needs to be sent on a car transporter (LandRover Assist rules!) and thats how long it will take to travel the 552klm required. So far I have received 1 phone call from the dealer my car was originally sent to, he told me he would call and keep me up to date, he didnt so I had to call him. Landrover assist did call me however they usually told me what I had already found out the day before. The dealer informed me that his was a small dealership and had customers booked in and I was not a priority and he found it difficult to find the time to work on my car. He suggested my car be shipped to the dealership where I bought it. So far I have spoken to two of the LandRover assist staff as well as being put through to the Customer Care manager as I am not happy with what had transpired. So.... as at the 13th of February 19 days since the dreaded "Red Triangle" my car is in transit somewhere up the east coast of New South Wales, Australia, somewhere between 500 klms and 700 klms from home. The dealership waiting for the vehicle has informed LandRover assist that they will be doing their own assessment before fitting the new parts which were miraculously available in Australia. I have been informed that the vehicle may be ready within the next 10 days, taking the total to 29 days from date of collection, but this is not guaranteed. I have not heard from Landrover Assist for 5 days.
Upset? a little. I love the D4 it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have a small fortune invested in it and to have it flicked around with minimal contact and real information is upsetting. I do not live in the city, I live 400klm west, I bought the vehicle for this very reason, as I was going to need the best vehicle possible to do my job. I just didnt realise that the best 4wd on the planet cant leave the city limits.
Do I call next time I have a "Triangle" ? or do I just keep going hoping it will go away as I cannot afford to own a car which has effectively spent 12% of it life so far in the "ultimate" care of LandRover Assist.
All going well, it will be a month from first call to its return (which by the way will be me flying to the city to collect as they expected a further 7-10 days by car transport to return the vehicle back to my home). And I am planning a trip through the Top End over winter..... confident of getting home in one piece???? not anymore!
 Discovery 4 the greatest 4wd on the planet. LandRover the worst customer service imaginable. Do you have to put up with one to experience the other? Apparently yes!!!!  
Post #76095313th Feb 2011 2:46 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

LR service centre woes continue. Rolling Eyes

Did you buy from Dubbo or is that where it was sent?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #76095513th Feb 2011 3:11 am
uttanutta

No, bought it from Brisbane and wanted it back there, LR Assist adamant that it is only covered to nearest dealer which turned out to be on the coast half way between Sydney and Brisbane. I was in Tamworth at the time.
I am sure that they are trying to help, but lack of communication from the dealer, "rules" with assist, and ultimately it will go where I asked for it to go originally but 3 weeks later! pathetic, would recommend the car any day just not the service or LR assist. They seem to be nice people but you are not and never will be a priority.
 Discovery 4 the greatest 4wd on the planet. LandRover the worst customer service imaginable. Do you have to put up with one to experience the other? Apparently yes!!!!  
Post #76095813th Feb 2011 5:32 am
caverD3

LR assist is farmed out. I have ended up with NRMA whenever I have rung.

Usually it ends up at your local dealer but Brisbane is long way for you. Confused
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #76096913th Feb 2011 7:50 am
uttanutta

So............... here I sit nearly a week later without my vehicle still and no end in sight. apparently the part that was miraculously in Australia is faulty. rather than replace it immediately we are sending messages to and from UK in an attempt to "re-program". My concern is that if it is so hard to apparently re-program (I only say this because it has taken a week so far since I was advised it was faulty and it is still not fixed) do I want it in my vehicle.? It doesnt take a week to send anything like this to anywhere in the world ! why hasnt it been replaced ? The service centre in Brisbane has been great... LandRover sux! If anyone out there is looking to buy a new discovery 4 ?? and is cruising the forum I would have to say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned in regards to performance/ comfort/ capability. In regards to service if it breaks down the company that is LandRover is atrocious. There is little contact, little follow up, dealers stress to you that you are not a priority, there is little or no flexibility in placement or should I say displacement with your vehicle when it is collected and moved. The roadside assistance program should not in any way have the word assistance in its name. I finally have a rental vehicle for a period of time. I was initially allowed a vehicle for 1 day to get from where the breakdown was to my home. Now as I am again away from home working, I have been given a vehicle for a week. I am sorry if I sound angry and frustrated but please place yourself in my shoes spend the money, get the greatest vehicle you have ever owned and have someone who isnt very helpful take it away for a month, not tell you when you can get it back, tell you that they are not sure why it broke down but the part they have to fix it with is faulty and they are hoping to fix it before they put it in your vehicle, (by the way the part they are talking about is the brains for everything in your car including whether the windows wind up all the way or not). frustrated and angry ? YES ! A week to get something like this fixed? fantastic! Two weeks ? expected, Three weeks? poor! Four weeks? atrocious, an expected five weeks and no end in site ??????????????????? you tell me !
Post #76368418th Feb 2011 11:49 pm
caverD3

Someones sounds a little upset? Laughing
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #76374719th Feb 2011 1:26 am
ozd4

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

And rightly so

Post #76375519th Feb 2011 2:45 am
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

uttanutta wrote:
Do I call next time I have a "Triangle" ? or do I just keep going hoping it will go away..

As long as the vehicle can be reasonably recovered from anywhere along the route and wouldn't cause too much discomfort if it becomes undriveable, I would keep going. I wouldn't go crossing the Simpson though until it was fixed.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #76375619th Feb 2011 3:00 am
uttanutta

caverD3
Posted: Sat Feb 19 2011 10:26am  Post subject:
Someones sounds a little upset?

Yep a little Wink But slowly calming down --- hopefully by Monday I will be able to be civil to LR when they call me and tell what the dealer told me last week Laughing

And..... Won't be traveling too far until it is definitely fixed and has some k's under the belt with the new parts!!
Post #76383019th Feb 2011 11:05 am
caverD3

uttanutta wrote:
Yep a little Wink But slowly calming down --- hopefully by Monday I will be able to be civil to LR when they call me and tell what the dealer told me last week Laughing

But not too civil I hope, sounds like they need a kick along.

Not good. I judge businesses not by whether something goes wrong but by what they do when it does.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #76383419th Feb 2011 11:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >