Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

SETTINGS menu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Ecosse

Simon - seems to be the way with it, there is no consistent operating sequence - rather implies that there are various build versions of the software (at least MS give us obvious Service Packs so we know we have Word XP SP1 etc.... long live Bill Gates..well maybe that's overdoing it! Wink )

Post #5171st Feb 2005 9:34 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mmm I'm now slightly worried about your sanity Wink

If it were Mac OS X it would never crash, be easy to use, never get a virus and also do all your film effects, video editing, motion graphics and DVD's to boot Wink

Oh and you have your iPod to listen to cool tunes too !

Must be working too hard - been email hell today Smile

-s

Post #5251st Feb 2005 11:40 pm
Disco3_French

Simon - I'm in france with a French SE model and I do have the same issue as you have with the settings menu, I have tried many thing like you did and Still no Settings menu available.
I went to my LR dealer, and he told me that only models with the Radio control on the wheel do have this funtionnality.
I'm not really confident on their reply.

Do you have an email address where I can write to LR to see what will be their answer as my Disco3 is an SE and not S model as yours and so may be only HSE model do have this functionnality.
 I love it !!!  
Post #78817th Feb 2005 9:24 am
FamilyMan

My UK spec' TDV6 SE is as standard and comes with both steering wheel controls for cruise control and stereo controls (Mode, Volume, Track). You use the stereo control to scroll through the menu items on the dash screen. If the French spec' SE doesn't have steering wheel controls then perhaps the dealer can enable and setup the menu for you using their computer.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #79017th Feb 2005 11:07 am
simon

I was told by my dealer that LR had stated that 'S' spec cars do not have the Settings Menu. Yet other posters with same model have this and it works.

I was also told that the FBH was not fitted to the 'S' but I have this in my engine bay too.

Am attempting to speak to someone at LR today in order to get the real facts about this.

-s

Post #79117th Feb 2005 11:10 am
simon

Was told by a very helpful chap on the LR customer service line that the FBH is standard on my 'S' but no control over the unit. This may change in the future as they are considering a remote control option. Not sure what form this would be but at least I know that one day I may be able to pre-heat my cabin.

The unit works automatically below a certain temperature to aid warming up of engine and thus heating.

Waiting on getting confirmation of Settings Menu for the 'S'

-s

Post #79517th Feb 2005 12:56 pm
Cocker

Simon, thanks for relaying the info....appears we're getting there !?!.

As I've said previously, mine is an 'S' and I've got the Settings menu, everything is working, apart from the Infamous Pre-Heat/Cool.

My dealer, Pentland of Edinburgh, initially said my 'S' doesn't have the Webasto heater but changed their mind when I opened the bonnet and showed them it !. They then said that the Pre-Heat option isn't available in the 'S' but, as Simon has already said, it kicks-in automatically when the outside temp is below a certain level to assist the engine. They went on to say that when my car goes in for it's first service they will update the software and remove the Pre-Heat option from my Settings Menu. Not the best as the Pre-Heat feature was one I was really looking forward to using frequently up here in the North !.

May be light at the end of the tunnel tho, with LR telling Simon that they may introduce a remote control for the FBH in the future ?. Be great if this control could be configured to the keyfob BUT even better if we were given the option within Settings, as my dealer bragged to me it was !!. Shocked

Post #80017th Feb 2005 5:51 pm
simon

mmm... I'd just like an update to use my settings menu and lock the damn doors so when I drive off all those nasty little thieves don't whip my bag away when I'm not looking.

Too forgetful to lock them by hand all the time Wink

Lets see what they say. Supposed to call me tomorrow AM.

Then I need to inform my dealer that I DO have an FBH installed and I do have rights to a Setting's Menu.

-s

Post #80117th Feb 2005 6:12 pm
Cocker

Simon,

Any joy from LR today ??.

Post #83418th Feb 2005 6:51 pm
simon

Nope... not a phone call as promised. Will call them (and ask for the same chap) on Monday.

Will let you know.

-s

Post #83518th Feb 2005 7:20 pm
simon

Still no 'real answer' from LRCS.

Some cars I am told have it... some don't. They said the dealer should be able to change the settings for me... but they can't and have tried. LRCS rep also said that an update could be applied to enable some of the menu options ?

I posted separately asking all to help if possible so I can get some ammo for myself in order to have them enable this menu for me. It may sound a trivial thing to keep banging on about... but I just want what I should have features wise in my 33K car.

Not much to ask really.

Cheers.

Post #94022nd Feb 2005 1:56 pm
Cocker

Hey Simon, not trivial at all, I know how you feel. Crying or Very sad

And further to my email to you earlier today, here's an update !

Decided to give the FBH another go this afternoon, using the radio on trick...and guess what......it worked ! Shocked Very Happy

I set it to come on at 16.45. Switched off the engine and took the key out of the ignition. The red FBH light flashed a few times to advise that it'd been set. Then switched the radio back on. Left the car and locked it with usual one blip of the remote. Hung around for a few minutes on the driveway(looking like an idiot probably Embarassed ) 16.45 comes around and Hey Presto....noises from the engine bay, the FBH was firing up, fair bit of fumes escaping from the underside of the car as expected. Looks into the cabin, FBH light is illuminated and radio still on. Waited about 20 minutes before going back to the car, opened the door, got in and it was like a sauna !. Very Happy

Tried the sequence again without leaving the radio on but, as expected, the FBH didn't kick-in. Still up-beat though.....

This is the first time i've got it to work. The other times I've tested it, I sat in the car with the pre-heat set and radio on so all I can think is that the car has to be locked for everything to be primed ?. My only problem with the "radio work-around" is that my radio switches itself off after a period of time so I still can't set the pre-heat to come on tomorrow morning. Crying or Very sad

However my successful test this afternoon proves one major thing :-

A standard LR Discovery3 TDV6 'S' has the Cabin Pre-Heat capability. Our dealers, LR Customer Service, even Ford Motor Company cannot dispute this. I've seen it(FBH Indicator light on the dash), heard it(FBH firing into life at the pre-set time), smelt it(the alabasta fumes) and felt it(the cabin warmth @ 17.00 this evening !).

All we have to do now is convince LR Engineering Dept that the functionality IS already there. If the FBH comes on automatically by using a basic thermostat then it can't take much more "tweaking" to ensure it comes on by way of a timer ?

I'm chuffed I've proven it can work on the 'S'. I know all you SE & HSE guys out there have been using the radio work-around for sometime(so sorry for this long, drawn out post) but I think the general consensus was that the 'S' only had the FBH to aid engine heating at low temps and not to perform cabin pre-heat.....glad to report it can do both !

Anyway Simon(and anyone else in the same boat), I hope this helps in your battle with your dealer and LR in general. I look forward to the day when someone posts that the FBH Pre-Heat issue has finally been resolved and all our dealers have to do is............... Question

Cheers for now.....Cocker.

Post #95222nd Feb 2005 7:02 pm
Pelyma

England 

I used it Monday for the first time, after about 25 mins I went to drive the car away and there was no power it just creeped. Switched the burner off , by going into the settings menu and then all was fine Question Anyone else experienced this?

Post #95422nd Feb 2005 7:59 pm
simon

Cocker / Pelyma,

Thanks for the update and good news for you that your FBH's kind of works.

Pelyma... could you email me as per my post "Trip Computer Settings Menu (new question)" as I am compiling a list of 'S' drivers who have the Settings Menu and access to the menu options etc.

Also will now also mention the FBH functionality.

Many thanks,

-s

Post #95522nd Feb 2005 8:00 pm
Ecosse

Cocker - yes your experience of the Cabin Heating function ties in with mine. I've experimented & it definitely relates to the radio (presumably the clock in it) - as soon as the radio clock dies so does the function. You will see from my separate posting the nonsense/misleading info that LR CS gave me on this issue claiming that the heater did not work at all. It would be helpful if everyone now faxed/called/e-mailed LR CS complaining about the half-baked feature - perhaps also giving the selling dealer some stick over it, as it is they who are responsible to us under the Sale of Good Act!

Does anyone know how long the radio will stay on with engine off - my checking today is that it is under 2 hours.

Also, I am finding that when I put the radio back on manually, the sat nav screen is also coming on!! - I don't recall it doing that before but the sat nav has had its software upgraded last week - anyone else able to report on this?

Thanks

Post #95622nd Feb 2005 9:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >