DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #243616th Apr 2005 9:22 pm
corkish

settings menu

Hi all,

I have had numerous issues with my TDV6 S which have all been rectified by a new software load. I will post details tomorrow. However I have seen a note from Landrover stating that the settings menu availability is chassis number related.

I will try and get a copy and post them here tomorrow,

regards, a now happy owner!

chris

Post #244817th Apr 2005 8:05 pm
JohnMajor

One thing you guys may want to consider is that anyone who does not fill out their profile could be a "plant"

This site is probably one of the best for factual info!

No, I'm not paranoid but in the USA it is a standard thing, just look at Edmunds LR3 forum. Anything they dont like is deleted! So much for free speech!

They get paid by analysing problems for the MFR.

Just look at the so called "knowledgeable" ones and how often they announce the latest & greatest etc

Then see if they have a profile filled out!

PM me for the snoops!

Post #245117th Apr 2005 9:14 pm
Ecosse

Re: Posts

JohnMajor wrote:
One thing you guys may want to consider is that anyone who does not fill out their profile could be a "plant"

No, I'm not paranoid but in the USA it is a standard thing, just look at Edmunds LR3 forum. Anything they dont like is deleted! So much for free speech!

Just look at the so called "knowledgeable" ones and how often they announce the latest & greatest etc

Then see if they have a profile filled out!

Yes - so far we have managed to keep an excellent impartial/uncensored site, and most of us identify the "plants" early on Wink We certainly don't want to see Martin have to exercise any form of censorship!!, but perhaps we should have a voluntary system of providing him with verification of our ID & non-connection with LR (or indeed competing manufacturers/dealers) to then entitle us to have a "genuine owner" tag against our names on the site!!! Smile - any thoughts?

Post #245217th Apr 2005 9:41 pm
grommet

United States 
Re: Posts

JohnMajor wrote:
Edmunds has some strict rules -- it's not really "anything they don't like." They don't allow posting links to competitor's sites (if a forum exists), don't allow mentioning sales people by name (dealer names only), etc. See their "rules of the road" link for more info. The moderators do strictly enforce them and it can seem heavy handed.  
Post #245317th Apr 2005 9:56 pm
corkish

Hi all,

apparently the following must be true for this menu to be available,

VIN number > 326000
Hi Line instrument Pack +i button
Hi Line Steering wheel,
Seat Memory module present,

hope this helps,

regards

Chris

Post #246618th Apr 2005 8:40 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

corkish wrote:
Hi all,

apparently the following must be true for this menu to be available,

VIN number > 326000
Hi Line instrument Pack +i button
Hi Line Steering wheel,
Seat Memory module present,

hope this helps,

regards

Chris

If I understand correctly, my "S" would seem to conflict with this, as I don't have the Seat Memory Module, as I don't have power seats. Or is this one of those things that is fitted, but just not connected up unless it is specced?

Interestingly, in my "Settings" menu, I have the option for the auto-dipping reversing wing mirrors, but whether I set this on or off doesn't make any difference as this is not in my vehicle spec (I think it comes with the powered seats?)

Post #247718th Apr 2005 10:10 am
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Nightfox,

This smacks of the same issue as the heater.

Quote:
Interestingly, in my "Settings" menu, I have the option for the auto-dipping reversing wing mirrors, but whether I set this on or off doesn't make any difference as this is not in my vehicle spec

Quote:
setting for this in the menu would reasonably lead to me expect that I would be receiving this functionality if I bought the vehicle, unless before purchase I was specifically told

This is exactly why I think a legally just because there is a menu setting you couldnt force a car manufacturer to have to put that functionality in. Wink

Post #248218th Apr 2005 12:14 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

cmyers_uk wrote:

This is exactly why I think a legally just because there is a menu setting you couldnt force a car manufacturer to have to put that functionality in. Wink

No – there are a couple of differences; LR specifically state that dipping reversing mirrors are only fitted in conjunction with powered seats, so as it is clear that I do not have powered seats I am aware that I do not have dipping wing mirrors. Also, it is not as if the dipping wing mirrors do work, but only if I turn the radio on. Wink

I do accept the points you make as valid though – and I think this suggests that this may well become a protracted issue, as there are clearly strong arguments on both sides, which may come down to having to let the courts decide. However, who here has the resources to take on Ford should it come to it? Let’s just hope LR “do the decent thing” before it comes to that.

Post #248418th Apr 2005 1:07 pm
cmyers_uk

I would love it to work. Lets all keep our fingers cross that LR can make it work without redesigning the fuel delivery system.

Post #248718th Apr 2005 2:37 pm
Ecosse

cmyers_uk wrote:
Nightfox,

Simply because the issue is software does not mean it is treated any differently from a mechanical feature - the FBH was listed in the original literature, the software function has been provided, the only problem being a manufacturing defect in failing to integrate the clock in a manner that it provides input to the heater timer, from both a common sense and a legal point of view we purchased the vehicles complete with the spec as delivered and it is for LR to ensure that the features as delivered all function in a proper manner.

Post #250218th Apr 2005 8:54 pm
cmyers_uk

Ecosse,

Everything Id read upto this point had pointed to the fact that its the fuel tank design that is causing the problem. See BN's quotes in this thread.

Post #254119th Apr 2005 1:14 pm
BN

England 

cmyers, you appear to be extremely knowledgable in law, yet you do not place any details on your profile. The majority of active DISCO3 forum users are 'tranparent' with their profile and are simply trying to get faults fixed and answers given from LR. Some faults being pretty serious.

May I be pertinent enough to ask if you own a D3 yourself and is it for business or pleasure and did you purchase from your personal cash as I and others have or is it a company or lease car?

Finally do you have any defects or concerns or is the car A1?

Post #254219th Apr 2005 1:39 pm
cmyers_uk

Sorry I didnt know you needed my life history. I am NOT extremely knowledgeable about law but understand small claims court and sale of goods act. I am giving my opinion on a forum, it may differ from everybody elses, it may be wrong but it is my opinion. I am quite happy to agree to disagree.

I do own until Friday 15:30 a D2 on friday I collect my D3 HSE with phone kit, rubbing strips, rubber protectors and water proof seat covers. I take my cars off road sometimes but not serious winch stuff. I mainly use it to tow a 3 tonne boat / trailer combo. I drive on beaches , gravel , mud.

Regards finance, yes I will have paid 3/4 in my own cash with the rest being financed by a unsecured loan. I could have taken a personal lease for £640 a month inc maint but chose to purchase myself even though the depreciation doesnt make it that attractive.

I have no concerns regarding the car and am quite expecting to have a number of problems especially with the phone integration and software side. The dealer has been very open with me and explained some of the problems I would get. I have researched what problems everybody else is having.

I do accept this as par for the course with getting a new designed car that is pushing technology. If I wanted a reliable car I wouldnt have brought a car from a company with such a bad history for reliability. But there are not that many cars that can tow 3500kg.

Im 36 married with two kids. Hope that answers all your questions sorry if I have offended you all.

Post #254319th Apr 2005 2:16 pm
Pelyma

England 

LOL @ cymers_uk. Please don't be offended, it was I believe meant in a friendly way. You'll love the car anyway Very Happy
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #254619th Apr 2005 2:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >