Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

FAULTMATE MSV2 my review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 22 <123 ... 101112 ... 202122>
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Perhaps if i give it a service and valet while its here and throw in some free rubber feet.

Thumbs Up
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #46042629th Apr 2009 1:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
MSV 2

BBS SPY

Very impressed with the unit, I am away for the week end and guess whats coming with me.. Wiggs you where spot on with your report of how good it is..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #46053029th Apr 2009 5:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Quote:
that our discount offer of 20% off to existing members ends midnight tomorrow (Apr 30 2009)

I'm still saving my pennies and wont have saved enough by then Big Cry If you can discount it on the 30th why not on the 1st May etc etc Wink

once the price goes up it will push it above my "justification" price and I'll end up not buying one at all Confused
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #46055429th Apr 2009 6:50 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Why thank you Flack Very Happy

It sure is nice to be appreciated. Thumbs Up

In a world full of near useless equipment, promising so much, yet in reality offering next to nothing, we often find ourselves struggling to be heard and stand above the rest. That's really hard when all i am trying to do is provide top of the line equipment at the best possible price.

But with no small thanks to Wiggs, helping us to show all true blue D3 enthusiasts and owners that our equipment is perhaps one of the best investments that they can make and that it can easily do stuff that no other system can, or is ever likely to be able to do, as well as having members like you comment on our praise worthiness. I guess by now everyone can now see and appreciate the reality of the situation for themselves, And my recent influx of requests for features to be added / made possible versus the early days when no one seemed to believe my offers to provide anything that might be desired speaks volumes.

I am therefore most humbled and sincerely appreciative of your taking the time to post your comments of praise. It is very much just for people like you that we do what we do.

I sincerely hope that you do fully enjoy the benefits of your investment, that it serves you well for a long time to come, and promise to keep adding more and more capability as fast as me and my little band of merry men and women can do. I am sure that by now you have bumped into my fantastic technical manager Gabriela.

For sure Wiggs knows already i would be absolutely lost without her.

Post #46055529th Apr 2009 6:53 pm
01coccobet

Italy 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Still thinking of a trip to Italy?!? Whistle
 figuring it out!!!!
the best feeling:getting airborne. 

Post #46055729th Apr 2009 7:06 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Disco Dunc

I know what you mean, It is sad that there has to be such a strict time frame, but i have to consider a number of things.

Firstly my own integrity and the value of my word.
If i say that this offer is valid only until 30th April 2009 and that changes to March, then how can anyone trust and believe when i state that we will be releasing flash programming capabilities, or that to upgrade from FCO to full will only ever cost the difference.

Secondly, those who have invested based upon the deadline, despite it not seeming to be the best time.
Many will have purchased now who might have wished to have had the luxury of another 30 days to make the same saving. It can be argued that there never seems to be a good time for anyone, especially now in the current economic climate we all suffer together. Although i can counter that by stating that having your own diagnostic equipment before whatever will inevitably happen is far better than being faced with several hundred pounds worth of bill for the dealer to sort it out as well as gaining the ability to tweak up your own car.

Thirdly
You will appreciate that we have a number of distributors who are unable to offer such discounts. Rightly so, they can get a bit upset whenever i offer such direct discounts. I owe it to them to at least limit the duration and reasoning behind any i make.

Fourthly, What on earth could anyone still be waiting for Laughing
Several months ago, When i first started posting here and started making it known what we were all about and what we do, i could easily understand any amount of mistrust, skepticism and hesitation

But surely since then, (with Wiggs help) no body here could have possilby missed the posts that prove quite conclusively that we can, will and do provide capability and functionality previously regarded as the impossible.

The sad truth is that sooner or later as it gets older, any Disco 3 is going to give problems, if for no other reason than by design. The only question is are you going to be someone who has invested in the tools to manage these problems yourself or are you going to be content to always pay someone else to manage them for you.

The illumination of any fault warning lamp can be regarded as one of two things. A signal for you to open your cheque book and the dealer to rub his hands together, or just your vehicle saying "you got mail" now is as good a time as any to decide which one you will see it as.

Maybe you don't posses the ability to fix a problem for yourself, but sure as hell it beats the ass of a dealer being able to spin some expensive sounding yarn as i know, you all know all to well, happens all the time.

Disco dunc, please appreciate that although i started responding personally, i actually ended generally. I thank you for being the catalyst for me to point out the obvious for teh benefit of anyone umming and arring about this.
I hope i didn't offend anyone with my plain speak Shocked

(Edited Shocked )

Last edited by BBS SPY on 30th Apr 2009 7:17 am. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #46057529th Apr 2009 7:59 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Thats must be the forum's longest ever post to essentially say....

Errr No Laughing Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #46057629th Apr 2009 8:02 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hmmn short posts, Italian wine

Can i pass on both for the minute guys

Very Happy

Post #46057929th Apr 2009 8:08 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Quote:
Fourthly, What the hell are you waiting for .........

like I said.... saving the pennies. just spent the best part of £2k this month on essential stuff, car(s) servicing,
maintenance etc

I didnt say I need to think about it Confused its not the thinking. Its about spending the money on something I class as a luxury i "want" rather than an essential I "need"

Without the discount I'm afraid its gone into the "nice to have but I got more important things to spend my money on" box rather than the "I'll have one when Ive saved up" box Wink Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Thats must be the forum's longest ever post to essentially say....

Errr No

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Is that what it said, I only read part of it. Far too long a reply for my attention span Wink
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #46060729th Apr 2009 9:27 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
SAT NAV ON MOVE

Today i have been testing "sat nav on the move " . Smile

I already had sat nav on the move , but disabled it in the CCF edit files to see if it was as easy as that ( and so it could be tested if not ) . Unfortunatly is wasen't as easy as that and it switched my sat nav on the move off . Re enabeling did not work . Sad

So with some files Knocked up by BBS ( well im sure more than" Knocked up ") i have sucessfully put back on sat nav on the move . This one is a little more time consuming and takes approx 2 hours to reflash 2 files back to the touch screen.

Heres a few pics

Intergrated head unit settings

Transfering the first file over to the Faultmate

The top part filled in after sending the first file to the IHU

Files being transfered to the IHU

2 progress bars make easy viewing of what its doing

Speed lock configuration locked before i started

Speed lock configuration unlocked when i had finished

A quick drive down the road showed it was all working great . Obviously this is not a quick mod , but the dealers take somewere round this figure to do it aswell.

The files have not been released yet , and any one with the faultmate will notice the "sat nav on the move " has been disabled on the CCF edit ....this was the reason why .

Another great addition to the faultmate software , and another reason to own one. I am so chuffed with the faultmate and the user-friendlyness , i have upgraded my software to multi vehicle ( any D3 ) Thumbs Up

Keep the new features comming BBS ...i want to tinker some more Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #4616602nd May 2009 3:19 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nice post Wiggs Smile

Post #4616612nd May 2009 3:24 pm
wiggs

Cheers Pete Thumbs Up

Unfortunatly ...for the time being its not any quicker to enable than your IDS system ..but at least it can be done Thumbs Up
Post #4616632nd May 2009 3:26 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

Hi Wiggs,
Be interesting to see if this would work on one that hasn't been already done, as there are about 4 ecu's that have to be software updated before it works with IDS, so I assume yours would already have current software (in these other ecu's) when you disabled yours, you may find you need to reflash other ecu's as well.

Regards
Steve

Post #4616642nd May 2009 3:28 pm
wiggs

I think its safe to say it will work . BBS have tested it out on theres ..and that never had sat nav on the move enabled. They did explain to me how it all works and how they have come about the 2 flashing files .

Maybee a local guinea pig is needed so i can deffo confirm Laughing
Post #4616652nd May 2009 3:32 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

It will/does work on a non already enabled car, there is a special sequence that it flashes the modules with more than once which is why it takes so long.

pete

Post #4616662nd May 2009 3:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 11 of 22 <123 ... 101112 ... 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >