Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

FAULTMATE MSV2 my review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 22 <123 4 ... 202122>
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

It's no different to selling my mum brake pads and discs to fit, they both have the potential to go wrong in the wrong hands Shocked .

Post #44602428th Mar 2009 10:55 pm
RPG

United Kingdom 

Yep! I know that really. I guess I want too much from life! Rolling Eyes
Your mum fits your brakes? Shocked Laughing Can she do mine, too? Laughing
 Brain: We must prepare for tomorrow night.
Pinky: Why? What are we going to do tomorrow night?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - trying to take over the world!
Singers: They're Dinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain! 

Post #44602828th Mar 2009 11:05 pm
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

BBS,

Reading these posts just triggered my memory.

On your inputs, if the wrong data get's applied thats not set between your built in parameters does that input get rufused?

If this is the case, it's impossible to cause any lasting problems, & as you can always backup the original settings, unless you're a bonehead, of course.

Post #44609329th Mar 2009 4:27 am
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

PTSchram wrote:
RPG:

SNIP
I have placed a pro-forma order for a new FaultMate!

Cheers,
PT Schram

Does placing a "pro-forma" order give it more authority than placing an order?

Give me a break!
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #44609729th Mar 2009 5:35 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

When having values inputted by a user, its either done as a radio button or drop box selection, eg enabled / disabled or if a value is required we do check its correctly formatted, within valid bounds & contains no invalid characters etc Pike

Post #44612429th Mar 2009 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I like the the Scania truck diagnostic system 8) To remap there's a slide bar on screen for power like a horizontal scroll that starts at 320 and goes up to 380bhp. Easy as click and drag to power the customer wants and clicking APPLY Thumbs Up How cool would that be on LR compatible systems (especially if you can charge £700+) Wink

Post #44612929th Mar 2009 10:19 am
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Bushwanderer wrote:
PTSchram wrote:
RPG:

SNIP

Cheers,
PT Schram

Give me a break!

Well its a different thing in law (in this country) but I don't know about 'more authority'
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #44614129th Mar 2009 11:09 am
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Wiggs

Any more cool stuff to report ?

Switched on any other bits and bobs ?

pics pics pics!!!!

Pom

Post #44614329th Mar 2009 11:11 am
PTSchram

United States 

Bushwanderer wrote:
PTSchram wrote:
RPG:

SNIP

Cheers,
PT Schram

Give me a break!

Give you a break? Why?

Were you more familiar with BlackBox Solutions, you would know that their process is to request a pro-forma invoice before they begin the process to build your unit. I am also awaiting the return of the funds oh so foolishly spent on the DEC SuperScan-a HUGE mistake and yet another example of my being sucked in by a glitzy advertising campaign. Upon receipt of the refund, my Rovacom-Lite will be leaving on a Mediterranean holiday to visit Colin, Gabriela and Andrew!

I joined this site as I was clued to this thread and another on the same topic. I was asked to weigh in as I have extensive experience using a variety of diagnostic tools for Land Rovers. I suspect that Colin might even agree that when it comes to the variety of devices I've used my experiences might rival his experience!

I had hoped to help some from not making some of the mistakes that I'd made (and spent many thousands of dollars doing so) but apparently, I was mistaken as since joining here, I have been accused of having been prompted in my comments and now being denigrated for making truthful statements.

I'm sorry gentlemen, I work on these trucks every day and have earned the living to pay my mortgage and support my family by working on Land Rovers. If my input is not wanted, I'll return to my regular US Land Rover websites.

Cheers,
PT
 Wrench to wheel, wheel to wrench  
Post #44620229th Mar 2009 2:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
London Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

@ PTSchram

Take no notice, discussion of diagnostic gear seems to be bringing out the worse in a few people for some reason.

Normally most people here are really friendly and helpful Thumbs Up
You should never argue with idiots because they will just drag you down to their level....then beat you with experience ! 

Post #44621429th Mar 2009 3:10 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Very well put London Lad Bow down

I will add no more because i already feel terribly guilty that any input from me will either take the topic more off thread or make me appear as a thread hijacker, however well intended my responses have been.

Post #44626529th Mar 2009 5:09 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You will have to stay on here Colin as you are the only one qualifiyed to answer technical questions .It would be pointless for me to try and answer stuff i dont know ...for example the inputting and parameters question ..and a very good one at that Thumbs Up

PTSchram ..please stay on board ..i for one have purchased various fault code readers that claim to do things that they dont . If your knowledge saves someone wasting money then it can only be a good thing .

Pom ..nothing at the mo ..been mad busy with other things ..but hoping the sat nav on the move will be the next bit to sort out ...fingers crossed .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44628129th Mar 2009 5:24 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Happy to oblige wherever and however wiggs, as long as you wish, and don't think i am out staying my presence. Very Happy or hi jacking the thread. Happy to be here to answer any technical questions or concerns. Thumbs Up
Tomorrow we will be attending to the short list of silly bugs you already notified me of, and we will be sending you the hopefully final pre release version for your approval. we also already attended to some needs in the EAS department.

I know i have publically committed to trying to release by mid week, but, regardless, i will not release under any circumstances until you are also happy it is Ok Thumbs Up no pressure Whistle I am sure any member would happily wait the extra few days.

i am also going to add a tutorial "how to" video for CCF edit, hopefully this week, so customers will better be able to see how blindingly simple it is to use and achieve the required results.

Sorry i did not introduce you to Paul, (PTschram) he is definitely a real asset in the US arena, as you can tell, and he knows quite a bit that will be an asset to all. He is definitely one of the most knowledgeable and helpful guys i know. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #44633029th Mar 2009 6:35 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
but hoping the sat nav on the move will be the next bit to sort out ...fingers crossed .

Im intrested in this also, ive not worked with my Faultmate yet.
but i do know when i enable this feature with IDS it takes ages Sad

Hopefully colin can speed the process up with the Faultmate Smile

Pete

Post #44639829th Mar 2009 7:46 pm
Dont_tell_him_Pike

England 

I'll enlighten you guys as to why diagnostic subjects are so volatile.

It's not the vehicle owners that are volatile but the diagnostic tech's themselves.

They spend a fortune on their equipement & need the income it generates to pay for the repayments & constant updates. It's a large investment. You can even name the diagnostic system you use on your adverts & general marketing.

Then another system comes along, bigger & better & the same rules as above apply.

Of course there's going to be symbolic punch ups with tech's claiming their system is better than the other.

I'm the worst for it, & i'm always starting punch up's. I defend my diagnostic systems & investments like the next guy.

My problem is that if bored, i'll start a diagnostic fight even though the other guy uses the same system Rolling with laughter

Post #44645929th Mar 2009 9:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 22 <123 4 ... 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >