wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up proberly why then Smile
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #45902526th Apr 2009 2:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Ok, i looked this up, for doing geometry setups, the EAS has to be put into "Tight Tolerance mode". This is one of two special modes and we have in fact already done them both. Although not released as testing not entirely finished on them.

The height setting to put the ECU into either mode has to be Normal as we found the ECU simply refused to enter either mode, unless it was. It also had to have no faults present in memory. The other mode is "Manufacturer mode", just puts up an orange icon on the dash and seemed to do nothing on my car Shocked
But then we did not play with it over much,
That's someone else's job Bow down

Post #45904926th Apr 2009 4:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

Colin, why are some of the fields in the CCF bold and others not?
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #45927327th Apr 2009 1:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Jamo.
I collated the CCF settings data of about 500,000 Cars, mixed Disco 3 and Range Rover sport and looked at the differences to help more easily ascertain which settings are actively used. The bold ones are those that are known to be different in some vehicles than in others. The un bold are those that was always set to the same way, They might do something and have simply always been one way, however i thought i would add some form of indication to show they were regarded as less customizable than the others.

I mixed the cars because the CCF of the Disco 3 and Range Rover Sport is actually 100% identical. In fact the electronics of the 2 cars is so identical that we have a very hard job to electronically distinguish between the two.

Therefore any software development or release we do for the Disco 3 is always complimented with an identical release for the Range Rover Sport.

I guess they must be asleep over there. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #45932627th Apr 2009 8:46 am
Jamo

Australia 

Thanks Colin! Thumbs Up

I got a bit excited when I saw a field for 'key in audible warning'. Then i got a little less excited when I saw that it was set to disabled Evil or Very Mad
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #45945227th Apr 2009 12:00 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yea been keeping my eye out for that one too.

Its a personal motivation thing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I am hoping it is something that can be changed in the BCU, but not got round to that yet.

Post #45950327th Apr 2009 12:59 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Faultmate

Colin received my unit and have just set it up and got the tup in, but no time let today to try on my car, but all went well and looks very good and easy to use. Can't wait to test it on the car now.

Colin just a note my unit was very well packaged which was just as well because its a had rough journey the box had been opened I think and was ripped and crumpled you might need to have a word ??. The unit was undamed though.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #45957027th Apr 2009 3:31 pm
Kevin

United Kingdom 

Flack

My box was also torn inside the outer packaging and looked as though it had been opened during transit.

I am wondering if it had been opened by customs. I have had this before with parcels from abroad. The contents are always ok but the packaging has gone through the mill

If this is the case it is realy beyond the control of Colin and his team

Kevin
 Kevin

BAS TUNE

Faultmate MSV-2 MULTI VEHICLE 

Post #45958727th Apr 2009 3:59 pm
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Don't Customs put a sticker on when it was them? And do they not open packages carefully? And re-seal them?
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #45959027th Apr 2009 4:02 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

UK Customs do for anything imported, cause might be if the Customs Officers where BBS SPY is want to know what he is trying to export, they might not put the package back together as carefully as you might like. NOT saying they do but could be a factor!

I have to say in my experience of UK import Customs, they have always put packages back together so skillfully that if it where not for the sticker saying it had been opened you would be none the wiser. Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #45960427th Apr 2009 4:38 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

That's been my experience too, when you open and reseal boxes all day for a job you get quite good at it! If they can unpallet and inspect IT kit that has bolts straps and all sorts and get it all back together a box in a box presents no challenge.

So Wigg's, how long before you can low rider round the block then? Laughing
Click image to enlarge

Post #45962427th Apr 2009 5:21 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Not my idea of fun
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #45962827th Apr 2009 5:26 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Almost as tacky as that car Shocked
But non the less, i am compelled to make a quick reminder to everyone / anyone who needs it, that our discount offer of 20% off to existing members ends midnight tomorrow (Apr 30 2009)

So there is no uncertainty, it will absolutely not be extended or repeated.
Quite a few have taken advantage of the offer to buy single vehicle kits, a few of who have posted as such, and some have liked the system so much they have gone for the full monty. Whistle Whistle Whistle

We have had absolutely no complaints, with everyone seeming to be most impressed and very happy with their investments, although it does take a little while to get familiar with it.

Sadly we have had one unit which has had to come back for a warranty repair as there was a problem with the buttons Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed and the person was most understanding

But then again he does own a Disco 3 Rolling with laughter

Perhaps if i give it a service and valet while its here and throw in some free rubber feet. Shocked

Last edited by BBS SPY on 29th Apr 2009 1:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #46042429th Apr 2009 1:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 22 <123 ... 91011 ... 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >