Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Turbochip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Turbochip

They are not joking when they say "Believe the difference". i just got my D3 Turbochipped last week. The power increace is great that's the first thing you notice the whole car seems to be more responsive. After about 700 miles of driving i noticed that my avg fuel consumption had improved by 4.6. When pulling a four wheel tralor there is a noticable increace in low end torque as well. I looked at other options first befor i went with Turbochip now i am glad i did. All in all a good job, I am well pleased, Thanks Turbochip.

Post #4273716th Feb 2006 6:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

4.6 mpg extra!!

That'll mean more money for Guiness Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4277716th Feb 2006 9:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peter evans

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Turbochip

Will definatley buy this product when the bloody suspension works properly.Any chance of an ECU ugrade to silence that damn PONG noise when the air stops working the bouncy bits ???

Post #4300817th Feb 2006 11:48 pm
Rodg75

United Kingdom 

Hi everybody, first post , I've just ordered a TDV6 HSE today and thinking about getting it chipped - who do you all recommend?
Got a quote off DMS automotive after seeing the autocar review taking the TDV6 up to 233bhp!
but wouldn't mind shopping about tho ! Smile

EDIT: just sent turbochip an email Embarassed

Post #4428725th Feb 2006 12:02 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Seriously tempted
2 Q's
1) Has anybody been chipped and then had car serviced / repaired by LR - any Q's - did they 'see' anything?
2) does the recomended service intervals (oil) change?
Thanks
Adam
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Post #4709212th Mar 2006 3:40 pm
Simong

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Also tempted, has anybody got before and after graphs from a rolling road? I would be interested to see how and where the power curve has changed.

Post #4715512th Mar 2006 10:45 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Simong wrote:
Also tempted, has anybody got before and after graphs from a rolling road? I would be interested to see how and where the power curve has changed.

More than one has asked for this. For some reason Turbochip does not provide, although you may gey some 'flannel' as to why they are not important Wink .

Post #4716913th Mar 2006 8:49 am
LRtuning

Robbie

No 'flannel' here....we prefer customers (or potential customers) to either speak to another satisfied customer or have a test drive in a TC car.

I find dynos are only an indicator as there are so many factors that affect their results including whether or not the operator is selling you a chip Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4717413th Mar 2006 9:41 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Good morning Chris, quick on the keyboard today!

Post #4717613th Mar 2006 9:48 am
Mr Bling

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Does the chip upgrade affect either the manufacturer's warranty or the insurance?

Thte mpg improvement looks very impressive - about an extra 70 miles per tankfull by my calculations. That means if you fill her up once a week, you'll pay for the chip upgrade in about 5 months!
 2005 Disco 3 TDV6 7 seater. Leather, DVD, fully colour-coded.
1970 Triumph Spitfire Mk3
1981 Triumph TR7 FHC (16V Sprint)
2001 Porsche Boxster 2.7

MTD 12.5 hp Ride-on mower!!! 

Post #4719013th Mar 2006 11:22 am
alan.e.evans

hi guys, i have also wondered about having a chip . called out l/r assist to take a look at a fault code on my computer and asked the question of him he stated that service dealers would Not honour warranties if your moter has a chip . cheers Alan TDV6 S, CAR AS NOW COVERD 12500MILES and loosened up great.
 OWNER OF A TDV6S 05 PLATE  
Post #4721213th Mar 2006 1:41 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

i have today driven a v8 petrol d3 and to be honest i prefer my tdv6 with the turbochip fitted, i think my power is smoother and feels as though it has more torque might be my imagination but there you go

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4730113th Mar 2006 6:59 pm
LRtuning

The majority of insurers will cover the 'chip' no problem but usually for an increased premium of around 5-15%.

The LR assist guy for central London regularly meets me in the dealerships and we always tease each other...the only time he knows a car is chipped is when he watches me do it Wink
Post #4732413th Mar 2006 7:45 pm
JMC

Scotland 

I got my new SE Auto in the Lakes on Friday and it has been Turbochipped from new. I used to have an ES V8 Auto and I reckon this is just as quick. It even sounds 'almost' as good. I have never driven a standard TDV6 (bought the D3 without a test drive) so I'm really wondering how bad it can be as standard? I am well aware of how good it is with the TC treatment. Laughing

My insurers have not added any extra for the upgrade and this has already been covered in the 'more than surprised' topic under the Finance & Insurance section.

The only question I have left is what happens if LR decide to overwrite my TC mod. It was done at the dealers in the Lakes but I'm near Aberdeen. Will TC in Carlisle pass my 'map' to their chap in Aberdeen for a free restore of the mapping? Also, if there are any improvements made to the TDV6 mapping in future, will I be entitled to an upgrade or am I stuck with what I have - even if it is found to perhaps have a problem later Question

Post #4733113th Mar 2006 8:03 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I'm fairly certain Chris (TC) will be along shortly to answer your questions, but I think that they apply the 'chip' based upon the latest version of the LR software, so if your upgrade was overwritten by LR then the TC 'restore' would be a remap ontop of the newest LR software.

That's how I understand it anyway Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4733413th Mar 2006 8:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >