Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Turbochip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
I have never driven a standard TDV6 (bought the D3 without a test drive) so I'm really wondering how bad it can be as standard?

You'd be surprised at how eager it is considering the weight of the D3... but of course not as good as a chipped one. Depends on what your used too.

More than happy with it 90% of the time.

-s

Post #4733713th Mar 2006 8:11 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I had the V8 before the TDV6, and there is not much in it. The V8 would be quicker if you thrashed it, but you needed an oil well in the boot!

Post #4734113th Mar 2006 8:13 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Quote:
I had the V8 before the TDV6, and there is not much in it

Is your TDV6 standard or TC'd??

I reckon it would be a close run now but thats after the TC.

Post #4734813th Mar 2006 8:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Standard, but 40000 miles loose! and believe me, the TDV6 is a very tight engine when its new. It needs 10000 to loosen fully.

Post #4734913th Mar 2006 8:18 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks Martin

We always upgrade cars with the latest version of manufacturers software, then the TC, unlike other tuners who simply modify the cars original data.(eg Schips)

Our method of 'updating and tuning' reduces the need or likelihood of a LR dealer updating the car.

For members info the last 5 RRS TDV6's I have seen have all had 'old' software in them and I updated them with the lastest WDS disc 13 'patches' before installing the TC modification
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4750414th Mar 2006 8:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simong

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

turbochip wrote:
Robbie

I find dynos are only an indicator as there are so many factors that affect their results including whether or not the operator is selling you a chip Wink

Even so, a before and after graph from the same vehicle on the same rolling road would be interesting to see. I have to say that I am surprised that you have not got any factual data that you base your remap on and indeed compare to. Whether or not it makes 200bhp or 250bhp is irrevelent as you say, but the plot of the curve isn't

Post #4750514th Mar 2006 9:23 am
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
I had the V8 before the TDV6, and there is not much in it. The V8 would be quicker if you thrashed it, but you needed an oil well in the boot!

V8.... Thashed.... moi?

OK, so now you've got me interested. S'pose I need to track down a Chipped TDV6 and compare... Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but I might have reduced the profits of the oil companies with hindsight!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4750814th Mar 2006 9:38 am
simkna

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Chris, surely you are basing your performance (bhp and torque) claims on something. If you haven't dynoed - either chassis or engine dyno, then all claims are pure conjecture. Also, surely dyno time has been used during the creation of the map, along with data logging of A/F ratios. Without proper logging of power/torque curves against A/F, it's all guess work.

Si.

Post #4753114th Mar 2006 11:19 am
LRtuning

Every tuning product we have developed has been dyno'd and we have 20 dyno graphs ranging from +25bhp to +65bhp and toque from 30Nm-150Nm....we use the dyno as an indicator and development tool and do not use it as sales tool; that is the point I'm making Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4758014th Mar 2006 3:08 pm
Simong

So no problem in sharing them with us then Wink

PS. I am most interested in seeing the graphs from a TDV6

Post #4761114th Mar 2006 6:21 pm
Ken

Had mine done last week. what a difference! whoosh love to know what a rolling road states but the gut feel is ,it is good. TC were very accommodating its worth the money I just hope LR wont stuff it up when she goes in to get her speakers sorted.

Maidenhead to Holyhead today and back again on a tank of fuel (first time ever!) & no I wasn’t pottering along at 50-60

Post #4761514th Mar 2006 6:34 pm
JaggedEdge

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Spoke to the dealer the other day and they categorically stated that any chipping would invalidate the warranty Evil or Very Mad

Can they actually spot if a car has been chipped / re-mapped and if so would thay actually get arsey about it and cancel the warranty or enforce me to un-map it?

I notice that Disco3.co.uk members get a discount for this service, does anyone know what that would be?

My car is being purchased with a PCP would this have any implications to the chipping of the car?

Your comments would be great!

Thanks
 Bonatti Grey TDV6 S
Roof Rails
Bluetooth System 

Post #4761614th Mar 2006 6:37 pm
LRtuning

They are scare mongering.

The upgrade if (and it's very big IF) discovered cannot invalidate the whole warranty on a vehicle....only the warranty on a component failure associated with the modification.....and even here the manufacturer would have to prove the failure was caused by the modification...it's a grey area...a very big one...that most dealers prey on...to frighten you into submission.

Our upgrade is undetectable to all LR diagnostic software.
Post #4762714th Mar 2006 6:55 pm
Simong

Chris,

Don't want to keep harping on about this but, can you supply graphs or not?

Simon

Post #4763414th Mar 2006 7:11 pm
LRtuning

PM me your email address and I'll sort them out....and yes you are 'harping' on about it Wink
Post #4764014th Mar 2006 7:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >