DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Dave Jackson

United Kingdom 
System engine fault

Hi folks
My contact was a Rebecca at Custoner Relationship Centre, very helpful but couldn't put a time frame on the correction of the problem. Its all with Tech Support / Enginerring.

She wouldn't comment on LR latest TV advert, may be reason being TP calls are monitored and recorded.

If I hear any more I will post the response.

Best of luck folks
Dave J

P.S. Heavy snow fall last night Sat / Sun so today Sun I didn't take the veh out of the drive.

Post #4712912th Mar 2006 8:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leigh

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Here we go, 2600 miles in 6 weeks of owning a brand new car and "Engine System Fault". Started on the drive this morning and cut out straight away. Started again and the engine was hunting / surging. Drove about 10 meters with limited power and cut out, did this numerous times until I got it back onto the drive. Special programs off warning first and then engine system fault warnings appeared.

Phoned Land Rover assist who are dispatching a local engineering (not LR) to have a look at it with a recovery vehicle. So far I have had good communication with LR Assist and the recovery company.

I'll keep you posted on the future events. Crying or Very sad
 Standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Java Black HSE, Side steps, privicy glass, tow bar and roof bars. 

Post #5493826th Apr 2006 7:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
angrd020

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Hope all goes well, and do let us know how you made out.

ALR
 2005 Tonga Green Land Rover LR3(Yes I wheel it!!!)
2002 Shale Green Jeep WranglerX(Yes I wheel it!!!)
1994 Red Jeep Cherokee (Use it as a spare vehicle)

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! 

Post #5501426th Apr 2006 9:26 pm
leigh

The local engineer turned up after 30 minutes. He didn't even look at the car just drove it onto the recovery vehicle (after about 10 goes at starting it).
Courtesy car arrived at 11 o'clock, 3 hours after my car was recovered. They sent me a Toyota Aventus which got me to work ok.

Dealer phoned me in the afternoon and asked about the fault and said that he had seen the problem but didn't know what was causing it.

Courtesy car company phoned me and offered me an upgrade to a (Brand new )RR Vogue, YES PLEASE Smile . Nice motor but it doesn't handle as well as the Disco and is not a silent drive, rather noisey in fact.

Dealer phoned me again today, the problem has rectified itself and they can no longer trace the fault.

Any views on this would be appreciated.
I have to pick it up from the garage tomorrow so I'll be quizzing the service manager!

Post #5517227th Apr 2006 6:39 pm
angrd020

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Ask the dealer if any faults have been registered with the computer.

ALR
 2005 Tonga Green Land Rover LR3(Yes I wheel it!!!)
2002 Shale Green Jeep WranglerX(Yes I wheel it!!!)
1994 Red Jeep Cherokee (Use it as a spare vehicle)

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! 

Post #5518927th Apr 2006 7:51 pm
leigh

I did, he said that there was nothing there!

I can imagine collecting it tomorrow and it packing up on me again with in a week.

I'm off to France later during the year, just hope it dosn't give me any problems on my hols.

Post #5519127th Apr 2006 7:54 pm
Dave Jackson

United Kingdom 
Engine System Fault

Hi
Ask the service manager the following
1. ~ Did they ring and speak to the Tech Dept at LR
2. ~ Is the service manager aware that LR known there is a fault and between Tech and enginerring they are trying to sort it out.

But it looks they are not trying very hard !!!!!!.

Also you may want to try contacting "FORD's" as they are the owners now, the more people contact Ford's they may put a shot up LR's six.

This is what I did orginally to get LR to respond to the re-occurring fault, LR soon contacted me, that is how I found out that Tech / Engerring were looking in the fault.

But up to now I have had no contact as a follow up.

Best of luck
Dave J

Post #5519427th Apr 2006 8:25 pm
leigh

Got the car back on Friday, Rossleigh Stockton did nothing to rectify the fault. It was no longer there when they tried to trace the problem with info from LR Tech.

It's been ok over the week end but I do feel it is only a matter of time.

Post #558371st May 2006 6:06 pm
SN

This is sounding a bit familiar...

...mine's in tomorrow for something similar - I do know they did speak to LR when it was in last time
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #558681st May 2006 8:39 pm
SN

Just spoke to the Service Team Lead about mine. Its coming up as Turbo Overboost or something similar. He said they've applied the latest WDS 13 patch to resolve it.

Accidentally got them back over the £10 a day thing though - I delivered it this morning with hardly any fuel in it and after the patching they had to put £10 of diesel in it to do a road test on the M60 Embarassed
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #560222nd May 2006 2:40 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Did they ask you to pay the £10 insurance?

Post #560942nd May 2006 8:41 pm
SN

No - because I told them I wasn't taking their car in the end - it was too much hassle for just one day (yesterday) because of things I had on in the afternoon and evening so I was forced to take the bl**din' Matiz to work.
Post #561863rd May 2006 10:11 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Bet they ask you for the £10 for fuel Wink
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #561893rd May 2006 10:18 am
leigh

On going problem!!!

Two weeks ago my car lost all power on the motorway and had to be recovered. It was transported to Landrover Stockton (Rossleigh) with the same fault as previous posts i.e. loss of power, wouldn't idle smooth, as soon as the the accelerator was touched the engine would cut out.

Rossleigh said that they contacted LR Tech with the details from the cpu. LR told them that the sender unit inside of the fuel tank was faulty. This tank is a sealed unit and therefore the whole lot needed to be changed. Rossleigh order the tank.

The new tank arrived at the dealership but the sender unit was not fitted to the tank.

Rosleigh advised me to contact LR customer care and they would accelerate the delivery of a new tank to Rossleigh. This was done and with all due respect the tank was line picked and delivered to the dealers the next day.
I was told by Rossleigh that they would fit the tank on Thursday / Friday last week and that the car would be ready to collect on Saturday.

After cancelling my plans for the week end to make sure I was available to pick up the vehicle I phoned them on the Friday afternoon to check if all was ok. I was informed that they had had to order additional components. I quizzed them for a description of these parts and one of them was a sender unit. I explained that this was the component that they had been waiting for but I didn't get very far with my efforts. Eventually I was informed that the car would be ready Tuesday.

I chased the progress on Tuesday at dinner time and was told that the components were being fit and the service foreman would take the vehilce home to test drive overnight, if all was ok then the car would be ready for collection on Wednesday.

I phoned the dealer at 11.50 am the return phone call said that they had just finished installing the components and that I woulld receive a call in about 5 minutes to give me an update. The phone call came to tell me that after 2 two weeks of waiting Whistle the car had exactly the same fault on it as when it was taken into the dealer.

I contacted customer support who said they would speak to the dealer. I told him that I had done just that and that I was not happy with the whole situation. For a customer support unit they didn't do a very good job.

Now I'm paying for a vehicle which I havn't had for 2 weeks and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel.

Any body any suggestion where to go from here. I'm not a happy customer!!! Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Post #6129431st May 2006 4:07 pm
Dave Jackson

United Kingdom 
Engine fault

Hi
Sorry yo hear you have had the same problem, alot of fellow D3 Owners are also having.

I suggest you e-mail the Ford Motor Company, as they are the owners of LR.

The more people that inform Fords of this continuing problem, maybe LR will finally sort it out once and for all.

I have read on this site that there is to be a [ recall ] but LR will not say its a recall, the previous posting stated that a new complete computer software package is to be installed from this JUNE.

Best of luck
Dave J

Post #6131331st May 2006 7:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >