Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

JE Power Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
But noone knows Webasto better than webasto and if they say it can't surely it can't.

But they say they won't do a remote switch on but could do a dash button Shocked makes no sense as a remote would just activate the switch that the button on the dash does.

Who knows... but good to know of another company that could offer a solution for us.

-s

Post #3388819th Dec 2005 6:01 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

OK here goes

Its a re-map and the figures are

Before
Torque 440NM or 324lbf @1900
Power 147KW or 192bhp @4000

After
Torque 575NM or 424lbf @2400 =30% increase
Power 175KW or 235bhp @4100 = 20% increase

No smoke, at least 25mpg driving using the extra power.
Please contact J E Engineering for more info
Again I do not work for J E.
Warranty and Insurance:- its your choice to inform respective companies.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded. 

Last edited by AndrewS on 19th Dec 2005 6:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3388919th Dec 2005 6:09 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Thanks Andrew.
Sounds like a similar performance 'tweak' as that offered by Mr Turbo Chip. Be interesting to see how similar the pricing is.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #3389419th Dec 2005 6:49 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Something fishy going on here...the TC Disco 3 had 40lbft less torque as standard than yours and we retested it a few days ago and it was it was only 10lbft better after a year and 16000 miles????

We also had 240 bhp @ 3600 rpm some 500 rpm lower than 'your' figures....this is all very strange Wink

Andrew there's no mention of the TDV6 upgrade on JE's website...where did you get your information from? Have you got copies of the dyno results you could post for members?

I have been 'talking' to Jonathan (MD of JE) for over a year now as we know this engine set up better than anyone and it was only 2 weeks ago he was considering 'buying' our technology!

Just to let forum members know TC has upgraded TDV6 ecus for JE Engineering dealers in Europe for the past year Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #3428522nd Dec 2005 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

turbochip wrote:
Something fishy going on here...the TC Disco 3 had 40lbft less torque as standard than yours and we retested it a few days ago and it was it was only 10lbft better after a year and 16000 miles????

We also had 240 bhp @ 3600 rpm some 500 rpm lower than 'your' figures....this is all very strange Wink

Andrew there's no mention of the TDV6 upgrade on JE's website...where did you get your information from? Have you got copies of the dyno results you could post for members?

I have been 'talking' to Jonathan (MD of JE) for over a year now as we know this engine set up better than anyone and it was only 2 weeks ago he was considering 'buying' our technology!

Just to let forum members know TC has upgraded TDV6 ecus for JE Engineering dealers in Europe for the past year Wink

So are you saying that J&E have not tuned my car?

Ask Jonathan he gave me the figures.

Like I said contact J&E for information. I do not work for J&E.

I would imagine that the website will be up-graded very soon.
Post #3440323rd Dec 2005 8:53 am
LRtuning

I'm sure they have tuned your car....just the dyno figures seem 'way off' from what we 'see' on original cars.

Even last week we sent a car to a independant dyno centre and we had an 45 lbft less torque at 3600 on a standard power vehicle compared to your car.

Dynos are great if the 'goal posts' dont move Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #3440423rd Dec 2005 9:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

turbochip wrote:
I'm sure they have tuned your car....just the dyno figures seem 'way off' from what we 'see' on original cars.

Even last week we sent a car to a independant dyno centre and we had an 45 lbft less torque at 3600 on a standard power vehicle compared to your car.

Dynos are great if the 'goal posts' dont move Wink

I was asked to post the figures so I called Jonathan, he gave me them over the phone and I posted as requested. I don’t know how he got the figures, may be it is a rough guess or he did the math. I don’t know.

My last visit to J&E to refine the up-grade was Wednesday 14th Dec, they told me they were happy with the alterations and that they would be promoting the up-grade. I asked if they would like me to mention that their up-grade is available and was told yes. So I did.

Like I said I do not work for J&E and don’t want to get into a long drawn out debate as to who’s up-grade is the best, or how they have achieved the performance. I’m sure that your up-grade is as good as J&E’s and cheaper I would imagine.

All I’m saying is that they have an up-grade available and it is up to each individual to check performance claims.
Post #3441223rd Dec 2005 10:37 am
Pelyma

England 

How about something like this then? Remap your engine and back again when you want. Seems to be the benefit of a plug in box (removeable) with the benefit of remapping, not giving false info to the ecu. Any views TC?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3442123rd Dec 2005 12:45 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
How about something like this then? Remap your engine and back again when you want. Seems to be the benefit of a plug in box (removeable) with the benefit of remapping, not giving false info to the ecu. Any views TC?

I think BMW have got it right with the new M6 - the M button on the steering wheel re-maps everything for more power, a bit like Terrain Response remaps everything for off-road.

Maybe the next Disco could have an extra setting on the TR dial that was 'Fast Road' which would increase the power, lower and stiffen the suspension, turn on the DSC etc.

Post #3442523rd Dec 2005 2:53 pm
LRtuning

We couldnt do this.......we looked at development cost and it was an absolute fortune...the TC price would 'rocket' and I cant see any reason why you would need or want to go back to original...LR cannot see the data in any case Wink
Post #3442923rd Dec 2005 3:20 pm
LRtuning

We are now working on a suspension lowering programme that would 'drop' the suspension above 50 mph Wink
Post #3443023rd Dec 2005 3:21 pm
Pelyma

England 

turbochip wrote:
We couldnt do this.......we looked at development cost and it was an absolute fortune...the TC price would 'rocket' and I cant see any reason why you would need or want to go back to original...LR cannot see the data in any case Wink

For those that are a bit iffy that LR could do more than a dealer would be why I was interested. If your car is going in for work you could reset the ecu. I appreciate it would be more expensive than a straightforward remap but it would calm my nerves more!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3443723rd Dec 2005 4:27 pm
LRtuning

If I told you I would have to treble the cost would you pay it?

I have upgraded 10 TDV6 engines alone this week all for LR main dealers....they dont have any problems with what we do Wink

I run a disco3 personally and my partner a RR Sport both purchased with our own money...neither of us worries about being 'found out' because we know LR cant detect the upgrade.

We had a dealer call us the other day because they had lent a customer a TC demo car during service and when the customer collected his own car (standard power) they thought there was something wrong with it!
Post #3444723rd Dec 2005 5:55 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
J E Mod

I, like Andrew, have had JE "play" with my previous Discoverys, I have been chasing JE for a date when they could do mine and they finally phoned me on Thursday 15th to confirm that they had got it how they wanted it and it was available. I promptly booked it in for the following Monday and have since covered 500 miles with a significant increase in both performance and MPG. I asked JE if I could contact Andrew and ask his opinion on the mod prior to me booking it in. He was more than happy to talk to me and I can confirm that he does not work for JE! I waited whilst they did mine and it took less than an hour.

It does not smoke at all, engine noise is marginally higher, but that has to be expected as it revs more freely than before. Pulls like a BAST4RD now and uses less juice. I love it. JE admitted that they could remove the speed limiter but talked me out of it as it makes the engine run much hotter and will only release a further 6 or 7 mph, not good. The last Discovery they did for me was the whole hog with a much bigger intercooler as well as the ecu mod, I honestly don't think that the D3 needs that, and JE agreed, it is now a dream to drive. I am looking forward to my next trans European journey to really see the fuel results.
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #3464324th Dec 2005 11:38 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

what extra MPG to you get if you drive sensibly ? could it pay for its self very quickly ?

-s

Post #3466825th Dec 2005 3:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >