Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

D5 spotting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Currently at the CaMC National Rally at Sandringham Estate and haven't spotted one D5 on-site yet, despite approx 1500 caravans attending ? On the long drive down, we only saw 2 Shocked

Post #181964527th May 2017 5:45 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Had a good look at one for the first time today near Telford as OH was driving and made up my mind, really don't like the looks at all far too many lines, rear sloping roof etc, it's everything a Discovery isn't, not for me at all. Have to hope the new Defender is more to my taste.
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #181965027th May 2017 5:55 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Drove up to Speyside from Tyneside last Sunday and around the Moray area and a bit of Aberdeenshire for a week and saw one D5 in around seven hundred miles. It was going in the other direction to us and the rear end was the give away to its identity. Lots of DSs and other LR models. Plenty of D3/4s towing trailers, caravans, horse boxes and boats. More interesting was the number of double cab pickups of recent registrations in farming localities suggesting they are filling the place of Defenders. Has been true for some time but perhaps with the demise of the Defender I am paying more attention to what is around. In one place where there appeared to be a meeting in an hotel of local farmers all the vehicles outside were various makes of double cabs but primarily Toyota. I wonder if when the Defender replacement arrives those vehicles will eventually be replaced by LRs. I doubt it.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #181969327th May 2017 7:47 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I doubt it... LR are not in that market any more.
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #181969627th May 2017 7:54 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Agree CC. Thumbs Up

Any company wanting to maintain their market would have a replacement product available before they launch a new version....... and even at that it's a big gamble not to alienate existing users.
Sadly LR by discontinuing the Defender without even a replacement model in sight are just looking to lose their past customer base.
This is so they can hike up the price and appeal to the more lucrative 'rufty tufty' element of the Chelsea Tractor brigade.
Shame. Neutral
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #181970227th May 2017 8:15 pm
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I dropped into my local dealership today to decide on p/exing my 2015 RRS with something else..either another one, or a FFRR as there are discounts for 17.5 models versus the updated 18 models which will be facelifted plus other changes tba.
Anyway in the showroom was a new D5 TDV6 Lux , see link below, available for immediate purchase but at over £76k as well loaded with extras.
I had originally put a deposit on a D5 over a year ago, but cancelled it when I saw the back end and realised that the SDV6 was not being fitted at this stage .
However, in this colour scheme, the rather large posterior looks less so!
However ..
For this money one can buy with discount a new RRS AB with the SDV6 , dynamic mode, better Meridian sound with 19 speakers but smaller interior space.

Click image to enlarge

Post #181970427th May 2017 8:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

....but, with a much better view out, a full on command driving position, a much airier interior, proper rear legroom, a truly comfortable rear seat, a split tailgate and it doesn't look like an enlarged version of a £29,000 DS Pure. It's also classically good looking from most angles Thumbs Up

Only the high boot loading height and low boot interior height give this away as being a current, aluminium, LR product. The extreme non fold flat rear seats are a pain too Sad

Have you chosen one yet?

Post #181977528th May 2017 5:39 am
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Not yet....just waiting for the salesman to work out the value of my p/ex.....shouldn't be rocket science as they are in the biz of selling cars .
Whilst it's tempting to buy an existing showroom D5, I thing pre facelift RRS or maybe FFRR with suitable discount makes more sense. If I waited for the revised 18 model then there probably would be no discount, prices up a couple of per cent and the value of my car down further.

Post #181980128th May 2017 7:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I'd be most sorely tempted with the FFRR option. Auto trader still keep sending me adverts for year old, medium spec, FFRR's from when I was looking, around 9 months ago and very nice they look too! The FFRR V6 has even retained the proper twin turbo set up too Thumbs Up

Post #181980828th May 2017 8:09 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I keep wavering between RRS2 (for the road handling, sporty performance etc.) and the FFRR (for everything else).

The one thing I will miss from my old RRS when it goes is the storage under the rear seats. The aluminium cars don't have this facility (nor properly-flat folding rear seats when big stuff is to be moved)
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #181982828th May 2017 8:50 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Is there that much difference, between the RRS2 & FFRR, in terms of performance and handling?

I wasn't aware of an underseat space on the RRS1. Think I'll google that one...

Post #181989428th May 2017 11:56 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

RRS2 SDV6 has 306bhp, FFRR 3.0 has 256bhp. The RRS with dynamic spec has "sportier" handling too.

With the SDV8, both have the same performance but the RRS2 still has the dynamic kit to help in the twisty stuff.

FFRR is intentionally a different beast to RRS2 and there is enough of a difference to show that.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #181991728th May 2017 1:51 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:

I wasn't aware of an underseat space on the RRS1. Think I'll google that one...

Quick pic of mine:
Click image to enlarge
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #181992028th May 2017 1:59 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I keep wavering between RRS2 (for the road handling, sporty performance etc.) and the FFRR (for everything else).

The one thing I will miss from my old RRS when it goes is the storage under the rear seats. The aluminium cars don't have this facility (nor properly-flat folding rear seats when big stuff is to be moved)

I have the same stuff stored behind row 2 and under row 3 as I disco n the D4 with no issues
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #181994528th May 2017 3:52 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the photo RRST Thumbs Up

Post #181997328th May 2017 5:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >