Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What did you do in your Disco3 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 45 of 260 <123 ... 444546 ... 258259260>
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

ND Big Cry Thats gonna take a whole load of detailing.
Thats even worse than I did to my cairns D3. Don't be tempted to try & touch it in with a touch-up stick unless you're a darned sight better at it than I was. (but I have got a touch up stick if you want it)

Hope it's not as bad as it looks.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #2399583rd Jan 2008 11:45 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

I see Direct Line now cover vandalism damage without loss of NCD

I think this could be classified as vandalism! Whistle Whistle

Post #2399623rd Jan 2008 11:47 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

We've all kept pretty quiet about this till now ND , but all of us who were down in Cork on the 28 th gave their motors similar if not worse " go faster stripes".Mine wasn't all that noticeable( Natty Grey Bow down doesnt show).
But we enjoyed it immensely and didnt give a toss really.Do it again tomorrow.

Needless to say a few of us took part in a mini group buy of buffers & copious amonts of Scratch X & Megs wax.Two days later we ( well three of us) are back to normal again. Whistle
Took me two days to get the marks out Laughing

Post #2399724th Jan 2008 12:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

Wednesday - decided to change my wheels back to the 19's with Scorpions. Got out brand new Clarkes 3 ton jack to find that it won't locate under the rear wishbone as the trolley wheel fouls the tire Big Cry Tried it on the rear chassis point (where the hole is for the scissor jack) pumped and pumped - the front wheel came of the ground but the back ... nope Big Cry Didn't like the fact that the jack couldnt sit nicely under the chassis (due to something the other side of the chassis obstructing the fit of the saddle) Big Cry Then rear wheels of said jack got stuck in between crazy paving slabs Big Cry Gave up as it just didn't seem safe Sad

Thursday - decided driveway was naff anyway so made phone calls for block paving installers - one arrived at 9am in a silver D3 HSE (07 plate) - another arrived at midday in a black D3 HSE (56 plate) Big Cry

What is this ? rubbing my nose in my abject failure to do anything on the D3 Neutral Neutral Neutral Question

Post #2400174th Jan 2008 1:01 am
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Tazdaz, even with the jack at an angle?
It is tight, even with my narrow jack. see pics in gallery.
Anyone know any more jacking points??
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #2400194th Jan 2008 1:07 am
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

DaveT wrote:
Tazdaz, even with the jack at an angle?
It is tight, even with my narrow jack. see pics in gallery.
Anyone know any more jacking points??

Nope ... referred to your pics but this jack is too Censored wide to get in there even at an angle Sad

Post #2400244th Jan 2008 1:20 am
Big Fish

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

ND.. What you gone and done now !! That looks real painful.

Yup! Still on my back recovering after the leg Op. On reflection glad I wasn't out with you this time, don't worry not chickening out, but just wondering how SWMBO would react to me doing that. With the defender, it was never really a problem, she never really drove it, but the D3 is slightly different. Whilst I am laid up I can't get her out of it! God knows what's going to happen when I am back driving? It'll probably be in her skip!

Happy New Year!

Cheers

Big Fish
 It's silver, enough said!

Live life by one rule - He who dies with the most toys - Wins!! 

Post #2400304th Jan 2008 1:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

To be fair BF, if I'd had you with me you'd probably have pointed down the lane in question and said "I remember that, it kills cars!". Still, only way I'm going to learn the lanes is to get out there, although next time I think I'll take the mountain bike in the back for a more detailed recce!

Fingers crossed for a prompt recovery for your foot and my paintwork Whistle but as it's raining at the mo the paintwork will have to wait for another day. Again. Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #2402124th Jan 2008 3:50 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

It wasn't the Ox Drove was it, cos thats a beast for scratches we went down there on the 1st Salisbury event recce when I had the Cairns Blue D3 with a very similar result.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #2402144th Jan 2008 3:58 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

It's a route that crosses the Ox Drove. Sadly the Ox Drove itself, having only been reopened a couple of months back, has a VCO on it already despite seeming to be in fine nick. Go figure. Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #2402654th Jan 2008 7:29 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Track to avoid is Bigley Buildings to Shermel Gate = ST975216 to ST989192
Post #2403034th Jan 2008 9:00 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Today, I'm going for a little stress free driving!!!

Got up very early (4.30 am) and drove all the way from Swindon to Bury, Lancs in my newly aquired D3, towing a trailer with a new renault megane, what a joy to drive, so smooth, I think me and me disco are going to be good friends!! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Then down through Stockport and on to Chesterfield to collect a new vw passat estate to bring to The New Forest, Gloustershire.....oh dear, what the heck was going on with the weather!!! Rang the new keeper at worcester, bad news..heavy snow and roads snowed in (turns out he lives up a steep hill to boot, funny how the fleet company never ask these things Big Cry Big Cry

Thought, yep lets push off home to Swindon.... got off M5 at 11a, three quarters of a mile...oh Censored!!!! 4 miles of stationery traffic trying to get up birdlip hill, snow now falling hard, people pannic as 2 years ago, commuters spent the whole night there!!! Neutral Neutral

Oh well, turn around and back down the M5 to bristol with the hope of going along the M4 to Swindon.... Censored , heavy rain and the now following snow reeking havoc as we approach Bristol (least I wasnt one of those poor old drivers stuck west bound on the M4, 20 mile tailback coz M5 north close due to flooding). Time for a tea break me thinks..... Censored some snotty dwaf in a renault clio decides that she should sit in the middle of the only parking enviorment big enough for me to back me disco and trailer and vw passat (bloody germans!).

Heater works well, nice and cosy in me disco, happy pulling the best part of 3 tons in heavy weather at around 23 mpg, joy to drive, shame I've got to go to the New Forest at 5.00am in the morning, thought I might get a lie in with the wife, afterall, its a leep year !!!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post #24385411th Jan 2008 9:47 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
Today oi 'ave been mostly buffing my car

After the greenlane of brillo pads, I made a start on the car a couple of days back and continued today.

So far, I've washed it, polished it with Autoglym SRP, washed it again, used Megs stage one paint cleaner, polished again with SRP and waxed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

After washing:

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

After hurling myself at the car with the above mentioned pile of products

Better, but not perfect Sad

Mind you, from 6ft away it looks pretty good

Some of the scratches that are still visible don't catch your thumbnail while others definitely do. I accept these will need pro attention, but hope to improve them with something like Dodo Juice Prime Lime or similar, something with slightly better fillers than SRP. I've got some Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (the stuff for darker cars) but haven't tried it on these scratches yet.

And I haven't used the "d" word once Whistle
Post #24406812th Jan 2008 6:30 pm
sufun

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Took my D3 to have the steering rack replaced under warranty. Driving a Ford Fiesta loan car. Not very happy Sad Hoping the car will be back tomorrow afternoon.
 TDV6 SE  
Post #24520614th Jan 2008 11:50 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

ND, the car is certainly looking much better than it did before. Thumbs Up

As you've been doing, topping up the layers of SRP will make a difference, but the next step up from that, and even better (without venturing into 'd' territory Whistle ) is AG's Extra Gloss Protection... Stick a layer of that one, leave it about 6 hours to 'settle', buff off, put on another layer, 6 hours... and it starts to build up a thick and strong layer of 'shine'. It's also a lot easier to apply and remove than SRP.

How are you applying it, by hand? If so, a machine polish should clear off the rest of the war scars. They're getting a lot cheaper now too.

We've taken the cars through many a bramble hedge when travelling up north, a lot of elbow grease and many layers of these kind of products eventually clear it up, provided it's not too deep.

Good luck mate Thumbs Up
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #24521914th Jan 2008 11:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 45 of 260 <123 ... 444546 ... 258259260>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >