Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Stolen 2012 Black and Ivory Disco 4 HSE Lux - Solihull Area
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Stolen 2012 Black and Ivory Disco 4 HSE Lux - Solihull Area

Hi guys, sadly my pride and joy Disco 4 HSE Lux was stolen on Wednesday night.

It's was taken from my drive they broke in and got the keys, so just drove off.

It's a major bummer as it had lots of our personal possessions in it, and was much loved by the kids and the whole family too.

CID and Socco attended, but could not find anything to identify the scum bags who stole it.

CID confirmed it would have been stolen to order,,as it was such a high spec car, so is probably already long gone and in a container.

On the off chance that a any one does spot a Disco 4 HSE Lux, that seems odd please to let me know.

The registration was BF62 XFY.

Thanks in advance.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #125327715th Mar 2014 9:26 am
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Really sorry to hear this.....hanging is too good for these Censored
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #125328315th Mar 2014 9:30 am
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Very sorry to hear but as you said probably long gone.

I hope the insurance company are sorting things out quickly to help smooth things a little? although obviously personal possessions and emotional ties can't be replaced.

Post #125328815th Mar 2014 9:33 am
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I hope they find it. I've had a car stolen before and it is such a sickening feeling.

Post #125328915th Mar 2014 9:34 am
nigelpugh

Thanks for notes of support guys.

I can't say I have been very impressed with Land Rover insurance so far, the lady on the telephone when making the claim, went out of her way to tell me the first thing I was not entitled to was a loan car.

Then she told me that I needed to immediately send across a copy of my counterpart driving licence, and if there had been any changes, they would void the claim, and also that if the V5 was in the car they would void the claim took,thankfully it was not.

I am always concerned when an insurance companies opening gambit is " if x then we won't honour your claim!"

As has been said, it's a sickening feeling that someone invaded our private space, and for all we know were prepare to use force to,take the car if need be.

The kids are the most upset, as they loved our disco, and it also had all their stuff including the recaro's child seats too!

Totally pi**ed off right now!
Post #125330215th Mar 2014 9:52 am
Dbdisco

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

It's gutting hearing about this type of crime, we have lots of it going on in the area by scumbags stealing keys through letter boxes.

We can all make it harder for these scum by making sure keys are hidden out of sight or locked away.

The amount of houses I work in and see keys just left in plain sight is scary, no wonder these filth get away with so much.

By the way I'm not implying you had left keys in sight.

I had an odd moment last week. It was dark and I got followed to a car park by a disco with a young lad and young girl (I could tell this as I kept my brake lights on at the lights) the car had one headlight working. It followed us for about a mile and parked about 40 feet away, I purposely parked at the far end to see if he would follow this far, me and the missus went in the shop and I turned heels and went back out, the disco was still there but soon drove off. My guess is he took a liking to something on the car.

Or maybe I was just being paranoid. Bottom line is I always act like someone wants it or something inside and I operate my day around that idea, it must be a consequence of growing up in Liverpool Rolling Eyes

Post #125331115th Mar 2014 10:00 am
DALEK

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Really sorry to hear it, Sad
 D3 HSE ........................Gone!!!  
Post #125331415th Mar 2014 10:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I see what you're saying DB, and not to take this thread off topic, but I 'hide' my keys in plain sight of the front hallway for that exact reason.

You can't see them from the door or any of the windows but if you were in the house you would. The house is as securely locked up as any property can reasonably be.

If anyone has put in enough effort to get through all the locks etc then the absolutely LAST thing I would want them doing is ransacking the house and getting any nearer to my family while we are potentially in bed asleep.

If someone forces their way in that much then they can take the keys, a car can be replaced and no insurance company could ever argue that they were in plain sight or not secured so I know i'd be covered.

Post #125331815th Mar 2014 10:08 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Sorry to hear your news and I know all too well how sickening it can feel. So far I have not had anything stolen but the last burglar I met was coming through the bathroom window armed with a lock-knife.

Don't punish yourself about where you left the keys either. A colleague's wife was woken in the early hours by the thieves enquiring where her X5 keys were hidden. When she pointed at her messenger bag by the bedside they just took that too.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #125331915th Mar 2014 10:08 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

You will be surprised how many remain here in the UK and are sold on to unsuspecting buyers...it will definately be worth circulating as many pictures that you have of it with a full and complete description including minor marks and scratches that you can remember. Also post it's full spec and build...
There are hundreds of us on here that that car would ordinarily attract our attention.

Also worth watching Autotrader over the next month or so...don't be surprised that it doesn't appear on there... It will probably be advertised in a different city but again lots of us would go and give any likely car the look over.....

Let's get busy and find it!

Post #125332315th Mar 2014 10:14 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

B Censored d's, you've got my sympathy, I know what it's like to be burgled, but can you really blame them when the maximum sentence for a first offence is 2 weeks in clink regardless of the value Shocked It take an average individual a lifetime to save enough to buy a vehicle like a Disco and the penalty is minute, crazy!
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #125332915th Mar 2014 10:24 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Good call FC the more that is know about it by as many people as possible the better Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #125333015th Mar 2014 10:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Really sorry to hear this Nigel it's not just the fact that these scum have taken your car but also that the Censored have been in your house Evil or Very Mad Did you have a tracker fitted? I know my insurance company insist on one Sad
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #125335215th Mar 2014 10:50 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

You may choose not to reply to that on an open forum Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #125335515th Mar 2014 10:55 am
nigelpugh

Thanks again for the notes guys.

Not sure if I agree that it will turn up for sale at a dealers or on autotrader in the uk though.

The CID officer explained that with visible vin on the windscreen as well as all the other VIN references including those unique ids contained within the vehicles on board electronic ID etc, it would be very hard to resell in the uk.

As far as identifying it, sadly it does not have anything unique, it is a standard my 2012 HSE lux,,with everything that entails.

It does not have any dents or scratches on it either,,as it has been looked after.

I am quite sure that if it did come to be sold in the UK all of our personal items would be no longer present, so they won't help.

We would just love to,have it back though, so if anyone sees one that seems to après, the. Please let me know.

Thanks

Nige.
Post #125335615th Mar 2014 10:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >