Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Electrical] Suspension Height Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Cat might just distribute them.
Made in Japan Part numbers are three letters plus six numbers.

There is a seven digit number in white texta though, but different for each one.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #59082126th Jan 2010 9:48 pm
scudgtir

Ireland 

Might not be a Cat part after all then.

Post #5973915th Feb 2010 11:31 am
Enty

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Suspension Height Failure

Hi Folks,

Following the identification of an air leak in my D3's suspension by Baben (a site sponsor), I discovered that the pipe between the compressor and the Transfer relief valve (valve block) is leaking at the compressor (blue grommet) end.

Have any members any experience of this/replaced the pipe, if so is it a relatively easy job, and are any specailised tools, skills needed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Post #6167898th Mar 2010 10:28 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Enty, have a look at this topic - lots of info there from our learned friends
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic35953-15.html

Post #6168728th Mar 2010 12:59 pm
Enty

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Thanks Baben,

The info on the thread gives me a fair idea of what the job will require Very Happy

Enty

Post #6173319th Mar 2010 6:11 am
Desertmouse

2008 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Vienna GreenLR3
Front suspension failure

I have just had my 2nd suspension failure in the middle of nowhere. First one happened in the middle of the Omani desert in between sand dunes where you need the off-road height just to negotiate the dunes.
I got the usual message "suspension will raise when the sytem has cool down". The front suspension drops down to access level and the rear stays normal. No way to get the suspension back to off-road height. Only after 30min of playing with the dials, one of the off-road modes did the trick. The landorver garage could not find the problem as usual...
This time around, we were climbing up the rocky jebel Shams mountains on graded roads with low range engaged and off-road height. We stopped to search for a good camping spot which needed 200m of driving over big boulders. Off course the suspension failed and I could not get the bloody front end above access height. The next day the problem was the same until I played again with the dials and the off-road mode for ruts made it click and back to normal.
I know it sounds as a software issue but most ot the posts here mention the height sensors are being the most likely fault.
Any similar experiences out there?

Post #68337217th Aug 2010 4:36 pm
caverD3

Could be height sensor as the fault may have occured when self leveling (when level and straight) otherwise a leak with the compressor working hard anoverheating. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #68354218th Aug 2010 12:59 am
Benny

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Suspension in normal road position only

Hi to All
Just bought a disco 3 and encountered a problem - hope this isn't the start...Still got the series 3 if it all goes
pear shaped!
Problem is suspension. car has done 62,000 miles, one owner from new and always LR serviced.
Warning has come up saying suspension will only operate in the normal driving height?
When engine started warning comes up after about 20seconds. Have tried altering the height before that and seemed to operate - so compressor ok??
Any ideas please most welcome.
 Benny

SDV6 Disco4 HSE
Defender TD5 90 Hard top
Aston Marton DB9.2 

Post #68595425th Aug 2010 1:48 pm
caverD3

Faulty height sensor? Compressor failure?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #68628926th Aug 2010 1:30 pm
Benny

Tests for air suspension problems

Hi CarverD3
Is there any tests I can do to try to pinpoint a fault?
Seems to be stuck in access height now and no way of raising I can see.
Regards
 Benny

SDV6 Disco4 HSE
Defender TD5 90 Hard top
Aston Marton DB9.2 

Post #68633026th Aug 2010 4:19 pm
caverD3

Other than getting it looked at I can only suggest listening to see if the compressor is working and if it is check for leaks.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #68654427th Aug 2010 12:13 am
Benny

Had another play and the compressor will pump the back up and down. The front refuses to move. The front is in access mode. Took the car to the main LR dealer (roger young nr plymouth) they put on the analyser and said the compressor requires replacing. £460. Difficult to speak to technician as securley removed from the public.... I suppose it will be worth changing the compressor even if something else is to blame as the unit is 5 years old..... any suggestions welcome? thanks
 Benny

SDV6 Disco4 HSE
Defender TD5 90 Hard top
Aston Marton DB9.2 

Post #68737929th Aug 2010 10:59 pm
caverD3

Have alook at the old compressor and see if the dryer is leaking at the bottom (the aluminium will be corroded) if it is just replace the dryer first. Idea
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #68739630th Aug 2010 1:17 am
Benny

Thanks CaverD3
I'm going to let the main dealer change it out and I'll keep the old unit and dismantle and report on the findings. Will not be for a while though - off to sea for a few months.
Best Regards
Benny
 Benny

SDV6 Disco4 HSE
Defender TD5 90 Hard top
Aston Marton DB9.2 

Post #6887812nd Sep 2010 8:00 pm
ronster

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS FIXED FOR FREE

My suspention gave constant faults assosiated with a movement of the car, fewlt like left rear sagging first and the the rest of the car adjusted itself. It started first amber caution with 2 x arrows showing to the roof and after a few weeks Amber followed by Red Warnings.
After I read most off the so called fixes i gave it a shot and it worked!
(This is how we fix Aircraft 90% re re racking computers and clean connectors:-) Seriously!
Jack your Discovery at the left rear as high as you can or until the arch is wide open.
If you look inward over the wheel towards the back you will find 2 s big electrical connectors going to the central suspension computer...I think??
Anyway on the r/h side of these connectors are a unlock pull out meganism to release the connector.
Pull it sideways to realease the connector for about 1 inch and pull it out...very easy.
Use a good electrical contact cleaner spray and re install connectors.
I also cleaned the height adjustment sensor connectors ar each wheel.
They are the hardest and have two side clips that you have to push inward quite hard and then use a big screwdriver ti unseat the connectors from their waterproof seal.
My car has not made a "walse" since I did that....most properly what the dealers do and then charge you an arm and a leg...It took me about an hour.
Hope it works for you...let me know

Post #78589714th Apr 2011 11:25 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >