Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

MY 12 - When are 1st deliveries expected?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
pdes

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

ac wrote:
Slightly different circumstances, but see Ent's post here:

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/post704181.html?#704181

Thanks for this - But I am not stranded as I will have my D3 until the new one arrives - (unless one of you wants to buy my D3). My lease company would ensure that there were no gaps in the provision of a motor.
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat
Prospeed sliders with steps 

Last edited by pdes on 7th Sep 2011 12:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8324977th Sep 2011 12:34 pm
softuk

I know of a similar instance where a car was ordered as an automatic, but delivered to the dealer as a manual. LR prioritised a new one and pushed it through very quickly indeed.
I still say do not accept the green one.

Post #8325037th Sep 2011 12:42 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Whose error is it? The dealer of LR themselves?

Did the dealer acknowledge the change, but forget to notify LR. Or did LR just not process is correctly.

If LR are at fault, you may have more chance of getting a good outcome!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8325087th Sep 2011 1:04 pm
pdes

Unnecessary quote removed

Entirely the dealer's error. Mail trail shows that the dealer confirmed the colour change but admit's he didn't put it through. Held his hands up, should have checked blah...blah. As i said before, I like the colour so will be happy to live with it. Just had some more concessions from the dealer totalling around £300 so I have something for my trouble.
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat

Post #8325097th Sep 2011 1:10 pm
110CSW

United Kingdom 

Blue62 wrote:
When I went for a test drive the dealer in Derby told me the one to avoid was silver, which surprised me. He said the best colour right now is white, apparently everyone wants one in white, except me!!! I recently bought a weekend 'toy' and the dealer informed me that the colour I was contemplating (midnight blue) is known in the trade as 'doom blue' so I avoided it. I can't imagine that a sober (ish) colour like green or blue on a Disco is really going to affect residual so adversely, but my view is go for what you want.

Why don't you buy the colour that suits you rather than the next guy? Sports cars can look great in navy. It's day to day cars that suffer in darker blue shades. Colour is an important part of a car - exert your character!

Post #8325127th Sep 2011 1:18 pm
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Why don't you buy the colour that suits you rather than the next guy? Sports cars can look great in navy. It's day to day cars that suffer in darker blue shades. Colour is an important part of a car - exert your character![/quote]

I always buy the colour that suits me, part of what 'suits me' is consideration for re-sale value. That said, midnight was one of the colours I contemplated, I actually ended up picking aqua blue, which is a tad vivid but I liked it all the same. To get back to the thread though, if the OP now fancies green then go for it, but I would want a rather bigger gesture from the dealer.

Post #8325317th Sep 2011 2:07 pm
110CSW

United Kingdom 

softuk wrote:
I know of a similar instance where a car was ordered as an automatic, but delivered to the dealer as a manual. LR prioritised a new one and pushed it through very quickly indeed.
I still say do not accept the green one.

So LR only delisted the manual gearbox option on the D4 to stop this happening? Smile

Post #8325437th Sep 2011 2:48 pm
pdes

Blue62 wrote:
...... but I would want a rather bigger gesture from the dealer.

You have to know when to cut and run. The dealer was happy for me to have their November showroom model as the demand is outstripping supply and he could easily have sold mine. In short, I had very little leverage and, as stated earlier, I am happy with the colour. Apart from that, it was evident that having had two bites of the negotiation cherry, they were not prepared to budge further. As they say, "owt is better than nowt"! I now have my D4 on Friday with some extra bits that I wasn't expecting.

So, think of me on Friday getting paddle-happy!! Laughing
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat

Post #8325597th Sep 2011 3:54 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Congratulations!!

Very jealous!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8325637th Sep 2011 4:04 pm
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I bet you can't wait, will be interested to hear your early impressions. Funnily enough, my wife prefers green while I would like Orkney, wonder who will win?

Post #8325797th Sep 2011 4:45 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 
Re: Mine's ready!

softuk wrote:
DON'T whatever you do accept it in Galway Green!!
I was told by my dealer that it is the worst colour possible for residual value.

Funny if/when I'm buying something it's for me, for the for see-able future and it would be a choice of what suites me at that time and not what color I think will sell better later; beside SWMBO chooses the color I choose the toys.

I even discussed this thread with SWMBO and even she said color isnt everything, I stated that I would take any color if given free and if it's black then I would wrap it to a color that suites me anything else I dont care....... Thumbs Up

(only because black shows dirt and the cobwebs when SWMBO goes though car wash Big Cry )

good luck, not really jealous Embarassed
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #8325977th Sep 2011 5:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Popelka

Czech Republic 

pdes wrote:
I had originally gone for Green but changed it when my wife turned her nose up so it is not the end of the world for me.

divorce and keep the green Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #8326027th Sep 2011 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dinsdale

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

My experience of this, having just sold my X3 privately, is that the stealers will always say "it's a difficult colour to sell" no matter what colour it is!

My X3 was an unusual subtle bronze colour and it sold very rapidly and only ONE of the viewers said he didn't like the colour as his wife prefered black.

I too bought my colour for myself and have gone for Ipanema Sand for my D4 'cause I like it.
So I agree unless your are a second hand car dealer buy the colour YOU want, not what the next owner MIGHT prefer.

Get mine Tuesday - PDES beat me by four days Evil or Very Mad so he can go flappy before me Laughing
 If it don't fit the third time - try a bigger hammer  
Post #8326097th Sep 2011 5:54 pm
Jim1000

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I remember that long, forever and ever wait for a new car.... back in my old (never appreciated it when I had it) company car days I'd struggle to concentrate for months without thinking when the new car would arrive.

Reading the brochure until it fell apart and driving past the garage to look at the demo in the window when it's closed. Yes, I'm a saddo and not suggesting you are but reading these posts reminds me of those old days.

When it's pick-up day. I hated it when the dealer insisted you sign reams of paperwork while you stare out of the big glass window at the car and then wanting to punch him while he then insisted on laboriously taking you through every blinking control and feature before he let you drive off!

Then, that high you get when you head off nervously down the road smelling that untainted aroma of NEW CAR. Love it.

Have to make do with my old 04 'classic' now!!! Big Cry
 Nov 04 D3 TDV6 HSE Java Black  
Post #8326107th Sep 2011 6:00 pm
harryjamesinleinster

2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial Manual Atacama SandDiscovery 4

Dinsdale wrote:
My experience of this, having just sold my X3 privately, is that the stealers will always say "it's a difficult colour to sell" no matter what colour it is!

My X3 was an unusual subtle bronze colour and it sold very rapidly and only ONE of the viewers said he didn't like the colour as his wife prefered black.

I too bought my colour for myself and have gone for Ipanema Sand for my D4 'cause I like it.
So I agree unless your are a second hand car dealer buy the colour YOU want, not what the next owner MIGHT prefer.

Get mine Tuesday - PDES beat me by four days Evil or Very Mad so he can go flappy before me Laughing

Friend of mine always has red Discoverys. He's just been told that the red colour has been dropped from the 2012 listings....
Big Cry

Post #8326117th Sep 2011 6:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >