Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

MY 12 - When are 1st deliveries expected?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Dinsdale

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Mine's arriving at the dealers this Friday Very Happy

Flappy-paddles Ahoy Laughing

Can't wait.
 If it don't fit the third time - try a bigger hammer  
Post #8321176th Sep 2011 1:13 pm
pdes

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
Mine's ready!

I had been quoted mid October for my HSE - Yesterday it turned up at the dealer who said I could have it in 24 hours! Just one problem - IT'S THE WRONG COLOUR!!!!

The original order was Galway Green but I changed it to Orkney Grey. Had all the necessary dealer confirmation that the change had been put into the system. Then it turned up yesterday in Galway Green. Dealer is very apologetic but not prepared to do much except to fill the tank and give me 1/2 day off-road. Guess he could easily sell it if I rejected it and he said he has got the showroom model, due in nNovember, re-specced for me. Nasty dilema as the Green looks quite nice and after all was my first choice. Guess I'll accept it as my childish impatience is getting the better of me!! Wink

My D3 (below) now for sale in the "Sale and Wanted" section...
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat
Prospeed sliders with steps 

Post #8323506th Sep 2011 9:19 pm
jenzz

Germany 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Nevermind the colour.
Pleeeze pick it up, and report how the 8speed feels. Thumbs Up

Post #8323566th Sep 2011 9:29 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Ours has been pushed back to early November although the dealer says that all 2012 models are coming in a few weeks early. This is evident from the posts in this thread.

Fingers crossed.

Post #8323766th Sep 2011 10:28 pm
harryjamesinleinster

2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial Manual Atacama SandDiscovery 4

jenzz wrote:
Nevermind the colour.
Pleeeze pick it up, and report how the 8speed feels. Thumbs Up

Very Happy I tested the 8 speed yesterday.........very nice! And despite rumours to the contrary, the 2012 D4 retains full low box capability via a new control panel arrangement.

Post #8323956th Sep 2011 11:05 pm
Dinsdale

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Don't know where that rumour that there was no low range came from.
It was clear from the off that they had just "buttonised" the previous rotary control knob, and sited it above the new rotary gearshift command and it's got exactly the same settings/functions as the previous rotary one. Says so in the 2012MY handbook that was available via TOPIX weeks ago.
 If it don't fit the third time - try a bigger hammer  
Post #8324006th Sep 2011 11:40 pm
GoatOfMendez

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Found out that mine has been brought forward again and is due at the dealer next Wednesday. But I'm off abroad for 2 weeks as of tomorrow Big Cry

Post #8324037th Sep 2011 12:14 am
albal

United Kingdom 
Re: Mine's ready!

pdes wrote:
Dealer is very apologetic but not prepared to do much except to fill the tank and give me 1/2 day off-road.

If you are in 2 minds still try bargaining on some of the things he can easily negotiate on such as Servicing, Extended Warranty and Accessories. I've been on a half day course by just phoning up LRE saying 'I'm thinking of buying a second hand Discovery', so he's not giving away much.

Sure he can probably sell it easily but he still has to and to someone that will settle for the exact spec. you gave, maybe that buyer will probably be able to negotiate a bit of a bargain. Though you changed your mind it was confirmed and I'm sure there are some consumer rights here that you could lean on to help you come to a better arrangement.

Also I found in the past that mentioning that one is a member of on-line forums can sometimes help in winning the dealer over to your side of things.

Good luck with it,
Al

Post #8324067th Sep 2011 12:38 am
softuk

Re: Mine's ready!

pdes wrote:
I had been quoted mid October for my HSE - Yesterday it turned up at the dealer who said I could have it in 24 hours! Just one problem - IT'S THE WRONG COLOUR!!!!

The original order was Galway Green but I changed it to Orkney Grey. Had all the necessary dealer confirmation that the change had been put into the system. Then it turned up yesterday in Galway Green. Dealer is very apologetic but not prepared to do much except to fill the tank and give me 1/2 day off-road. Guess he could easily sell it if I rejected it and he said he has got the showroom model, due in nNovember, re-specced for me. Nasty dilema as the Green looks quite nice and after all was my first choice. Guess I'll accept it as my childish impatience is getting the better of me!! Wink

My D3 (below) now for sale in the "Sale and Wanted" section...

DON'T whatever you do accept it in Galway Green!!
I was told by my dealer that it is the worst colour possible for residual value. Apparently they had one on the forecourt for five months and couldn't shift it!

Post #8324437th Sep 2011 9:29 am
Blue62

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

When I went for a test drive the dealer in Derby told me the one to avoid was silver, which surprised me. He said the best colour right now is white, apparently everyone wants one in white, except me!!! I recently bought a weekend 'toy' and the dealer informed me that the colour I was contemplating (midnight blue) is known in the trade as 'doom blue' so I avoided it. I can't imagine that a sober (ish) colour like green or blue on a Disco is really going to affect residual so adversely, but my view is go for what you want.

Post #8324527th Sep 2011 10:14 am
kljw

Scotland 
colour choice

i am going to add penny into this, and say do not accept that colour. had a FFRR in a similar green, although a dealer took it off me at more than what he should have, it then took 18mnths to sell.
if you have the change in colour confirmed, then you should be rejecting what has been offered, and speaking to LR to let them now what has heppened, they will be able to do something i am sure.

any pictures?
 Cheers
Keith 

Post #8324547th Sep 2011 10:19 am
pdes

Re: colour choice

kljw wrote:
i am going to add penny into this, and say do not accept that colour..........they will be able to do something i am sure.

Easy to say "reject" but i have seen and touched!! I actually quite like the colour and do not expect to have to sell it in the future. I hope to retire in a couple of years so the view is that this will see me through retirement (if I look after it!). In short, the residual value factor is not as crucial to me as it would have been in the past.

As I said previously, the dealer has stated that he has re-specced his showroom model to my spec and I can expect that in early November. Not sure I can wait though. Like a kid in a sweetshop I JUST WANT IT!! Very Happy
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat

Post #8324697th Sep 2011 11:08 am
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Would they do you a deal to take the green one now and upgrade at nominal cost to the correct one in November?

Really just depends on your priorities. IF you really are happy with the colour, then fine. BUT, if you're planning to keep the car for a very long time, are you going to keep thinking "wish I'd had the grey one" every time you get in it?

Do you qualify for NFU discount? If so, you might be able to sell the green one for what you paid for it - or pre-agree a price with LR / the Dealer and special dispensation to sell within the 12 months that you're normally expected to keep it for.
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8324827th Sep 2011 12:07 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Slightly different circumstances, but see Ent's post here:

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/post704181.html?#704181
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8324867th Sep 2011 12:22 pm
pdes

ac wrote:
Would they do you a deal to take the green one now and upgrade at nominal cost to the correct one in November?

Really just depends on your priorities. IF you really are happy with the colour, then fine. BUT, if you're planning to keep the car for a very long time, are you going to keep thinking "wish I'd had the grey one" every time you get in it?

Do you qualify for NFU discount? If so, you might be able to sell the green one for what you paid for it - or pre-agree a price with LR / the Dealer and special dispensation to sell within the 12 months that you're normally expected to keep it for.

Hadn't though about that type of deal. I'll mull it over. Having said that, I am not directly dealing with the dealer. I have a third party sourcing this as part of a lease-type agreement so am partly relying on them to get it sorted even though they were not responsible for the error. I had originally gone for Green but changed it when my wife turned her nose up so it is not the end of the world for me. Having also had two Stornoways, maybe an Orkney would have been a grey too far Rolling Eyes Could be fate that I have ended with a green one Shocked
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat

Post #8324937th Sep 2011 12:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top