Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Remote Locking from KeyFob not working (Again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 11 <123 ... 8 91011>
KolZek

United Kingdom 

fantastic post -

Post #165909824th May 2016 4:45 pm
SparkUK

United Kingdom 

Great post, I'll be looking at mine later. Anyone know exactly where the receiver is also? And/or have a photo of it?

Post #167000720th Jun 2016 7:58 am
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Long story but still puzzled?

Read through this thread as closest to my issue. Story so far LHD Gulf / Saudi spec. with one very tatty fob supplied at purchase.

Car needed complete brake overhaul so left with local garage. Car always started on the turn every time but had a C/L issue and even locked mechanic out one day. Short term answer: removal 30A fuse. Keys and C/L were on list of jobs to do. Needed a full deep clean so left car with valeter. Alarm kept going off so valeter pressed the fob and broke plastic covering to expose innards. OK not helpful but not a problem needed a new one so sent only fob I have to get refurbished.

I am working away. Key returned so asked son to test (30A C/L fuse still removed) went through process to pair he noted pairing 'not' successful but car started anyway but only the once!

Valeter cannot start car, to move it. The tale begins. 30A fuse put back not a sausage from fob and won't start after my attempt to pair the fob.

I have checked the key fob with the refurbisher, it appears good. Thought the AA might help with diagnostic. AA says flat battery anyway and key not recognised. Later I checked fuses just in case, disconnected battery 30 mins for a re-boot still nothing!

Just about to re-install fully charged battery and go through processes again and will look for Three Green wires.........is there anything obvious that I am missing?
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #167266525th Jun 2016 12:04 pm
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Tearing my hair out now.

Fully charged battery on, full lights on for no reason but still no pairing and just about to give up. So smear door lock with Vaseline just to give it lube for next time, C/L activates....press fob but no response, cannot understand how all that happened! Out of intrigue try the ignition and it starts on the button! Move the car after warm up to garage there is the possibility it might not start again. Park up and in my heart I want it to start but it doesn't back to start. Anyone got an idea?
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #167274925th Jun 2016 4:24 pm
Marmoset

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Are they green and white or green and pink? After 40 minutes of looking at the area by the rear of the passenger seat I've found the pink/green 3wire splice just aft of the A pillar.

Question is, is this the joint that's the trouble?

2011 D4 SDV6 HSE
2008 D3 TDV6 HSE
2005 D3 V8 SE - left in Oz.. 

Post #169251315th Aug 2016 7:21 pm
Sandor

Hungary 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi. I had the same problem with the key not working after a rainy day . Find the joint and fix it. Works again. Thank you. Great forum!
Here are some pictures for those who are trying to locate the bad conection.

EGR blanked.
Silicone hose done!
FBH controller: TC3
IID Tool BT 

Post #172136518th Oct 2016 10:05 am
CBRXX

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Serviced the car last night and after putting it back out in the drive and locking it with the fob it wouldn't open this morning so after waking all the neighbours at 0630 I got to work tried the fob again and it locked but wouldn't open suspected a faulty battery in the fob but did a search and found this thread ...... long story short reading this I remembered standing on that area to check the clearance between the roof and the garage door so have just gone out to the car park and manually opened the car and after jumping up and down on the same area the key fob is working again Laughing guess I know one of the jobs for the holidays Rolling Eyes

Post #175145520th Dec 2016 10:17 am
CBRXX

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Ah well so much for that after stripping it all down last night and re-terminating I checked the original and found no faults, decided whilst I was in the garage anyway Id to try getting the battery out of the spare key that hasnt worked for the last 7 months! Rolling Eyes
Was trying to pry the battery out of the PCB and got it off one of the tangs then while fiddling about with it trying to get it off the other tang I managed to clip it back into the first one at the same time my finger hit the open button and the lights started flashing on the car. Shocked
Long story short after several trials the key that hadnt worked or been charged for 7 months worked faultlessly so I stripped the other key and did the same I now have both keys working perfectly and have ordered replacement key fob housings for them both at the princely sum of £12 Laughing
Can only be poor connections under the battery but Im happy with that! Mr. Green

Post #175253122nd Dec 2016 12:45 pm
hillbillypop

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Water in the foot well

mallo wrote:
Hi all

Further to finding water in my foot well and non-working central locking I have tried all the possible leak areas, and I think I have finally found the culprit…… a rotten sunroof drain….. Rolling Eyes

I find it very strange that the designers at Landrover design an expensive vehicle and then fit something that is going to rot (in 10Years) behind the main fuse board (water and electricity don't mix)….. I don’t understand the logic.

Also what Censored grade of rubber rots in 10years, without any light too……

It beggars belief, Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow I am happy to of found the source of the water and now the fun of replacing the pipes.
Very disappointing Landrover…….

Quite agree lr designers need 6months education with a mechanic With builders mits i had no chance in replacing a fuse in the passenger box. surely there was a more accsessable place to put the fuse board Old Wilks must be turning in his grave.

Landrover customer relations please note the problems above……

Post #18331463rd Jul 2017 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hillbillypop

paul4 wrote:
Could you please tell me if the connection to repair is located in the loom next to the front passenger seat or the rear?

Many thanks

Paul4.

Just done mine took me an hour.However my join was crimped and was positoned 2" from the center piller inside rear passenger end there was not much slack so i cut right on the crimp and soldered the three wires together and taped it as i couldnt find my heatshrinks when i find them i will go back and do it Another fortune saved many thanks to you all

Post #18332403rd Jul 2017 8:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hillbillypop

Spoke to soon got up this morning and i am locked out need more investigating Confused

Post #18338515th Jul 2017 12:34 pm
Bodstruck

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Wife had to leave the car behind today as she was locked out. Nightmare. Only had the car a few days and then this. Search through the forum, struggle with trim, locate three wires that looked absolutely fine, cut, stripped and soldered and hey-presto! Central locking working again.

Thanks to very one on here for the pointers, details and pics. Lord knows how much a dealer would have charged me for not fixing that. Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #185235229th Aug 2017 9:13 pm
Bodstruck

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Oh yeah, just need to find the source of the water now. Sunroof drains ate clear at the top and put long wire down so just the ends to check now.

Post #185235329th Aug 2017 9:15 pm
CharlieL72

New Zealand 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Hi. Same problem with key fob suddenly stopped working. I've followed steps above and have uncovered the wiring loom.

Is it the light green/white wires or dark green/white..?

I've found a soldered and heat shurnk joint in the light green wires - 1 in 2 out configuration. One of the two wires coming out goes up under the passenger seat to a black box.

I can't find any joints in the dark green wires.

EDIT: I've checked the voltage on the wires in the roof and on the light green/white wire I have 11.8v. This wire is much thinner than the ones I found by the passenger seat. Am I looking for thin or thick wires by the seat.?

No sign of water or even dampness in the area. The vehicle is an SE model so no electric seats, sun roofs, etc.

We're also having the intermittent electrical issues taking out the gearbox, HDC, handbrake, stability control, etc. I'm assuming its a bad connector somewhere but as yet not found it. The issue seems to be worse in dry weather. Any suggestions on where to look for an offending connector.?

Thanks in advance. Charlie

Post #18656826th Oct 2017 11:46 pm
danwolski1

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

LHD(Europe) this is located at passenger seat side

Post #186791512th Oct 2017 6:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 11 <123 ... 8 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >