Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air Suspension - Extended Height
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
JakobVels

Denmark 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi All

Just some thoughts my brain threw up reading about your desires to have more control over the suspension height. Also i read in some threads earlier about an aussie wanting to go above 50 in extended height.

Assuming the only thing feeding data to the car about height is the 4 height sensors the following might work.

First a pic of the sensor ( i borrowed this from D3matt Very Happy hope youre ok with it, thx!)

The connecting rod on the height sensor can be replaced with a homemade one for permanent height alteration. here you go, el cheapo suspension lift.

The slightly more advanced solution where it is possible to select between "normal" or "permanent extra xx centimeters".
Hack in to the suspension air reservoir to get an airsupply (i think this will work as a very small amount of air will be required)
Place a 3 way 12V air valve on the line from res. and run a thin air line from a and b on the valve to each height sensor.
Replace existing rod with pneumatic rod crafted to give exactly desired lift when activated.
Run electrics from valve to dash, now you can fool the sensors on the run.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this will work in real life. I thought it up using my limited knowledge of how the D3 works. I guess you could damage suspension if you push it outside normal range.

But anyway - let me know if you set out to do one or the other and if it works.

Cheers
Jakob

PS - thinking of it you could use small electric actuaters too - giving a sliding scale from min to normal to max, for total control over height.

Post #9398214th Oct 2006 5:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >