Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

strange phone connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
urhunden

Sweden 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
strange phone connection

I have my iPhone connected to the radio through bluetooth.
Works quite good.

I am interested in comments on my findings.

1. Ocasionally there is phone information on the info screen under the instruments. Have not found out why this happens. Nothing in the instructions about it.

2. The person i call often get an echo. Then I have to lower the volume. The system seems to be very sensitive for acoustic feedback. Any solutions.

3. The display in the radio only get the first listing for every person in my iPhone´s phonebook. If I have a home number, a worknumber and a mobile number I do not get all on the screen in the radio. Why?

4. When I want to talk in the phone and not handsfree it is possible to do this by pushing the right button on the phone. This is very unstable and often goes back to handsfree. This is a problem when outside the car within the bluetooth area. Solutions?

Post #6176059th Mar 2010 5:30 pm
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Voice Volume adjustment possible

Re your question 2 re echo and or feed back, there is what is called a voice volume setting within the "radio".

The "voice volume" setting is hidden under the tone/balance etc controls settings.

To access the voice volume and other volume settings such as the automatic increase in radio volume with speed, under the left round radio volume knob, there is a rectangular rocker switch with a music symbol on it.

With the radio on, press and hold down the music symbol for maybe 5 to 10 seconds. The radio display should change to show something such as AVC and some number - that is the volume increases as speed/road noise increases setting.

Press on the rocker switch again, and another volume setting will show. Keep pressing until "Voice Volume" displays. Voice Volume comes after Radio Volume - at first I figured they were the same and initially did not find the Voice Volume setting.

With my BlackBerry 9630 Tour, I have the Voice Volume setting at the max, number 20, and all is well. It may be that in your case, the setting is already there and you can experiment and dial it back - rotate round knob above the music symbol.

The reason I mention my BlackBerry is that until a recent phone software upgrade, rather than echo, I was having quietness - that is, I was difficult to hear by the person at the other end. Their speech level in the vehicle was good, but my voice back to them was weak. The BB software fix sort of solved the problem. What I am saying is that in my case, the BlueTooth problems were phone software related, not Land Rover caused.

That may be the same with the Iphone. If so, you just have to wait until Apple comes out with a patch.

In my case I went on the BB forums and from reading posts found that others were having the same problems as myself, but in vehicles other than Land Rover, Ford, or BMW.

Re problems 1 and 3, I think that is a combinaton of Land Rover and phone software and is probably realistically not solvable.

Re item 4, yes, that is a problem and it has caught me as well. The phone rings and I answer it, however the callers voice goes to the radio speakers but I am outside walking away from the LR. I do not have a good solution yet other than to make certain the blue light on my phone turns green, (BlueTooth has disconnected), before I depart the LR.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #62190916th Mar 2010 4:47 pm
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

1 and 3, a D4 module will resolve these two

Post #165383912th May 2016 2:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >