Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

TurboChip group buy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Chris,

Do you want to give us some support here. Some of us have had mail that states that you are no longer part of Turbochip. Martin recently removed a thread that gave a clue that not all was well in Turbochip land...

Rob

Post #5867416th May 2006 5:34 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Robbie

Ahhh....well it's all quite simple....Turbochip is here to stay but I shall be heading off down under in a few months....myself and business partner are trying to agree terms of 'separation' and it is a little bit 'painful' at present.

In anycase Turbochip will carry on and I'm 'on board' until I leave the country......so the group buy goes ahead asap.....I'm working on the logistics today and tomorrow with suggested dates.

For further reassurance all the upgrades are now carried out using diagnostic tools from Autologic so that every upgrade is logged for support purposes incase of dealer 'reflashing'.

Hope this make the 'fog' a bit clearer Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #5867916th May 2006 6:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
new2disco3

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
TurboChip group buy

Please put me down for the M62 Manchester one. Thanks Martin

Post #5868216th May 2006 6:16 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

TC, does this mean that dealers will no longer be able to overwrite the TC upgrade?
If so, will they still be able to upgrade the engine ECU with LR fixes?

Post #5869616th May 2006 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

No...dealers will always be able to overwrite...it just means we can track the vehicles more easily...and reflash them more easily if the TC is removed
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #5874317th May 2006 7:10 am
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

South mimms for me x2 Wink
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #5891517th May 2006 10:26 pm
3OCSID

Group Tubochip Discount

Newcastle for me please - though as i need the car for towing on Sat and Sun i would like to be one of the first in the queue if it was a weekend.
 Silver TDV6 SE
KTM 950 Adventure
Sherco 290
Kawasaki KLX 300
Aprilia Scoot 

Post #5892318th May 2006 1:03 am
Neil R

Hello old friends. long time no speak.

so have we got a final cost for this group buy and if the price is right put me down for the Leeds session.

Neil
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #5901918th May 2006 3:29 pm
easy

Italy 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I'm in for the NEC but the price will have to be worth all that diesel I'm going to use Wink

Any news on prices??

Post #5906418th May 2006 11:54 pm
eddtheduck

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

TC, further to my PM and some of the posts above the key to how many attend is now price and date. Much as I'd love to commit I need to know if the saving makes it worthwhile. This does seem to be dragging a bit!
 2008.5 D3 HSE, Stornoway, Ebony
2007 BMW 335iSE - lust for speed satisfied 

Post #5912119th May 2006 12:33 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

I'm with Eddtheduck - but if it's worth it M25 for me.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #5912319th May 2006 12:40 pm
LRtuning

And the price is:

£475 + vat Wink

That is £120 + vat off our normal retail price and a further £50 + vat discount per member

Dates and times to be advised over this weekend
Post #5912419th May 2006 12:45 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

turbochip wrote:
And the price is:

£475 + vat Wink

That is £120 + vat off our normal retail price and a further £50 + vat discount per member

I've done some calculations and I reckon that, based on the fuel savings that people who have had their cars TC'd have achieved, I could recoup the price of the upgrade within 15K miles so I will definately go for this if the dates/times suit. Are you getting your 'local' reps to attend at the various regions Chris?
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5912819th May 2006 12:59 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Quote:
myself and business partner are trying to agree terms of 'separation' and it is a little bit 'painful' at present.

As an observer who already enjoys a TC'd car, I have to ask a question here on ethical grounds only (without prejudice):

My reading of the situation is that you (Chris) are using the apparent mobility of your London based TC franchise to take potential business from all the other legitimate franchised TC dealers, who in turn would seem to have their own pre-defined regional boundaries. Furthermore, the fact that you are 'for-the-off' could leave people with a perfectly legitimate question of where to turn if their maps prove unsuitable or they are subsequently overwritten by dealers.

If I ran a TC franchise (e.g. in the North East) which had potential local customers 'pinched' by another franchise from hundreds of miles away, I wouldn't be overly keen to mop up any local problems as a result of your departure. Once again, I am guessing that part of your profit could be contractually shown to be present for setting-off against the costs of after-care – as you obviously would have a cost implication for providing a free re-map if such were needed later on. Why should another franchise pick-up this cost if they have not received the original payment?

My guess is that you are trying to extract the maximum revenue from this however and wherever you can before leaving without trace? Note this is a guess requiring a response, and not an accusation.

I wonder if you can demonstrate that my concerns are incorrect for the benefit of all these other people, whom you must accept, you will only see once to relieve them of their money.

I should say that I have no commercial connection whatsoever to TC or any of their franchised agents. I purchased my TC from the dealer when the car was new. I am not trying to suggest any wrong-doing on your part. I am simply raising a concern in exactly the same manner as I would if I were contemplating meeting you in a car park for this work.

Post #5913019th May 2006 1:16 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

turbochip wrote:

I'm very tempted now - if the dates and times are not going to be posted on the forum, can you add me to the list of pms? M25 closest to M3, please (I guess that's South Mimms - I'm so out of touch that when someone mentioned a Limousine in another thread, I thought of the cattle...)
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #5913119th May 2006 1:17 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >