Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

TurboChip group buy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Hmmmm JMC's post is certainly food for thought. Tempting as Chris's offer is, I for one will wait and see how he responds before I finally commit myself
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5913419th May 2006 1:46 pm
davesimmons

Canada 

Leeds M62, AM please

Providing that there are no issues with other TC franchises, and any further problems with re mapping and so on will be looked after by my nearest TC agent

Post #5913719th May 2006 1:52 pm
Pelyma

England 

Sorry to but in, but Chris is the one who has advertised and sponsored the site, no one else. He is also the only tuner who rose to the challenge and let his car be tested off road. I therefore think he is conducting a perfectly honourable transaction. If the local agents wish to put money into the site and offer their services at lower than normal cost then I'm sure Martin would speak to them.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5914619th May 2006 2:22 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Quote:
but Chris is the one who has advertised and sponsored the site

I know lots of people who have put money into relationships. Didn't make a jot of difference after their divorce....... Confused

Let me make it clear. This group buy thing is none of my business. If you do not care about the concerns I have raised (on your behalf) then it is no skin off my nose. It wouldn't be much of a forum if those concerns were kept to myself and I watched a load of people get duped.

The fact that I have made a couple of people think shows the justification in raising those concerns. It is up to Chris to answer them. I hope he does. I hope I am wrong. I hope you all castigate me for suggesting anything in the first place - especially since it does not involve me anyway.

As for the sponsorship thing - I understand that this site does not permit commercial posts and I have watched with interest how Chris may have purchased his privileges. At the end of the day, I'm 100% sure that a plethora of £500's will more than make up for any amount he may have paid to Martin.

I just hope I'm not in the position of saying 'I told you so'.

I don't know any more about this deal than anybody else. Nobody seemed to be raising this fundamental issue and therefore I decided to 'chip' in (excuse the pun!).

Post #5914919th May 2006 2:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

I have just had a very important and factual post removed probably for legal reasons.

Hmmmn

Post #5916819th May 2006 4:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

JMC you should have had a PM from me.

This matter of "legibility" is for the companies and personnel involved to decide, NOT forum members, whatever their intentions.

Post #5917019th May 2006 4:27 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Sorry Martin - PMs must have crossed with post - wasn't trying to aggrevate things further.

Just got your 2nd PM. All understood.

Going back into my tree and good luck to anybody in a car park.

If anybody wants to PM only to me in my tree.......

Post #5917419th May 2006 4:45 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi all, I am locking this thread until the Turbochip issues are cleared up by Turbochip themselves - there are some questions as to whether this group buy is ok or not and this site won't be dragged into those arguments.

I hope that the group buy can continue in one form or another once the TC situation is clearer, I will of course re-open this thread when this is the case.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any comments or questions, or if you wish to have information entered into this thread.

Martin

Post #5918219th May 2006 5:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >