Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Would you Turbochip if it was cheaper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Would you have your D3 chipped if it was 50% cheaper?
Yes, Definitely
39%
 39%  [38]
Very Likely
26%
 26%  [25]
Unsure
7%
 7%  [7]
Not Very Likely
2%
 2%  [2]
No, Definitely Not
2%
 2%  [2]
Already chipped at normal price
7%
 7%  [7]
Price isn't the issue
15%
 15%  [15]
Total Votes: 96

RichardO

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

TC

I totally understand your point and have no gripes with the pricing.

Richard
 What an amazing vehicle. owner of disco 3, hse, java with beige leather.

bmw x5 4.4 sport (trying to sell but no joy)_
bmw 330ci sport 

Post #4944722nd Mar 2006 9:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

mudplugger wrote:
I'm a Sales and Marketing director of about 25 years experience and come complete with a host of qualifications (all of which in reality mean very little!).
I run a £45m business with my 3 fellow directors.

If I was pricing TC's work - having just had the pain of paying for it - I reckon he's got the level just about right.

He's in the median pricing for this sort of complex modification, the demand is steady and keeping him busy, yet the rewards for all that research and investment are being repaid. A valid business model, that should eventually reap some decent profit for him, that he can re-invest a proportion of to keep the pipeline filled with new vehicles.
Only when people stop buying at this level should he think about reducing his prices.

If he were to price at a higher level he risks deminishing his demand, and reducing the 'in market' volume of mapped vehicles that help drive his sales (word of mouth) - that he would have to replace by expensive advertising..

No Chris - you're pretty much bang on - my advice is stick right where you are...

I just wish I was in his business - only one great product, with perhaps 350 differing applications - instead of 2,900 products and thousands of applications in a highly regulated environment.... aaarrrrgggghhh.

Time to go home and have a cold beer...

Muddy

^^^^^^^^^^^-----------------

What he said.

It is perceptions of value and I tend to agree that TC's priceing looks like reasonable value given the very positive feedback I keep seeing. I also dont want to buy a product like this and then have the supplier go broke leaveing me up S*** Creek without that cold beer.

Post #4945422nd Mar 2006 10:09 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

mudplugger wrote:
I'm a Sales and Marketing director of about 25 years experience and come complete with a host of qualifications (all of which in reality mean very little!).
I run a £45m business with my 3 fellow directors.

If I was pricing TC's work - having just had the pain of paying for it - I reckon he's got the level just about right.

He's in the median pricing for this sort of complex modification, the demand is steady and keeping him busy, yet the rewards for all that research and investment are being repaid. A valid business model, that should eventually reap some decent profit for him, that he can re-invest a proportion of to keep the pipeline filled with new vehicles.
Only when people stop buying at this level should he think about reducing his prices.

If he were to price at a higher level he risks deminishing his demand, and reducing the 'in market' volume of mapped vehicles that help drive his sales (word of mouth) - that he would have to replace by expensive advertising..

No Chris - you're pretty much bang on - my advice is stick right where you are...

Muddy

mudplugger you are 100% correct in what you say and turbochip if you wan't my advise do not sell a quality product too cheap or people will no longer class it as a quality product anymore and it will fall into just another chip catagory

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4947222nd Mar 2006 10:41 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Quote:
anyone who is seeking to obtain a discount of anywhere near 50% is barking up at the treehuggers in the wrong tree !!
Quote:
If it was 50% less, for sure more would buy - not exactly rocket science that.
Quote:
as for a 50% discount get real
Quote:
you're pretty much bang on - my advice is stick right where you are...

Oh Good - some sense at last. Looks like I'm not sticking my head above the parapet on my own now. 8)

If anybody thinks I'm sore about loosing-out to a potentially better deal, I haven't disclosed what I paid for my TC. Let's just say that I know when I have a good deal too without getting all trade-union about it. I simply felt there was a huge flaw in this whole thread and now I don't feel as if I'm out in the cold. Get them all together TC, then charge them twice or walk away with all the keys!!! Laughing

Post #4952023rd Mar 2006 12:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

or you could give us on your side a 'good' deal Wink

Good selling Chris !

Post #4953623rd Mar 2006 1:21 am
SN

I would suggest this thread has run its course before it gets to stroppy - the objective (of the poll) has been achieved - the chipping guys can see that there's a number of people (around 40 at this point) who may be tempted to purchase their product if the price was cheaper - and thats it.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4953923rd Mar 2006 1:28 am
simon

agree... but its not surprising that people have voted for an offer of 50%.

And one last thing... would you buy a V8 D3 HSE with all the toys if it AND the fuel were 50% cheaper ?

If feel the poll would be a waste of time...

Post #4954123rd Mar 2006 1:32 am
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

As I said...I'll happily consider a group buy based on the full retail price minus a 'negotiated' discount for the group buy. This group buy discount will better our normal TC discount for members but I cant say by how much until I have firm numbers.

I may also decide to secure an initial deposit to gauge the 'serious' buyers and not just those along for the ride Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4955023rd Mar 2006 8:31 am
Pelyma

England 

I don't blame you. I see little point in the thread, if you want your car chipped call Chris or however you decide, if a client asked me to slash my costs I'd die laughing Wink

For me it is the warranty issue pure and simple having had an issue recently I'm relieved I didn't have to worry. If it could be chipped and unchipped by me I'd probably do it as what I've seen of the effect it is well worth the money and as TC has already pointed out nowhere near the most expensive on the market.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #4959023rd Mar 2006 2:51 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I agree the thread has lost the plot a bit, but it does show that there are members interested in the product though a 50% discount is a bit much to hope for me thinks!

Chris is kindly offering a possible 'group buy' discount similar to the accessory purchases so I suggest those interested pursue that

Chris, how would you like to proceed with this?

Any other 'chippers' out there interested in offering anything similar?

Post #4959423rd Mar 2006 3:30 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Well I for one would be up for a chipping session, enmasse at a deep discounted price. Its just that sort of incentive I need to actually go ahead and do it, and forget about all my doubting Thomas type inclinations (you know the one that goes - "if it is that good then why on earth doesn't Land Rover do it"). So who would join me at a venue in the North of England (say either Newcastle or Carlisle) to be chipped ? Hell, we could even make a day of it and meet at Weardale offroad centre and maybe have a Barbee. I have a D3 and a RRS that need done, so there are 2 to get the ball rolling.

I suspect TC's marginal cost is pretty low (if any) so his main cost is time and travel. I guess 10 vehicles all being done in one place at one time should qualify for a 50% discount off the full retail price .... Razz If these were 10 vehicles that wouldn't otherwise have bought the chip, then I would say that was a win - win.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #4975923rd Mar 2006 11:56 pm
catoperator

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3
disco

we could try this with a main dealer group buys of discos 10 and above gets a 50% discount Rolling with laughter

Post #4976624th Mar 2006 7:50 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

TC I get asked all the time to cut costs and give discount. I don’t see why I should or you should. You are offering product that has cost you money to develop and install. £ per BHP increase is a good deal at your current price and the up-grade will pay for its self very quickly. How many other engine tuning mods do that?. Ok do a deal if it suits you when you can actually save yourself £'s by doing a group tune thus reducing your travel costs. But a 50% discount seems a bit munificent. Wink
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #4976724th Mar 2006 9:11 am
simon

Why are people attempting to force TC's hand to say 'oh go on then' ?

Its rather rude in my book.

If TC wants to come up with a deal over and above the forum member discount, I'm sure he's clever enough to think one up.

As would any other company - oh and why are you not battering J&E or Superchips too ?

Oh, maybe its because Chris takes an active part in this and the RRS forum that some feel they can be cheeky and try and push this.

Now... moderators have locked threads for less in by book so one of you please do the decent thing and kill this one off.

PM TC if you want to continue to ask for discounts and leave this out of the public forum.

cheers

Post #4978324th Mar 2006 10:31 am
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Well said Simon, why should anyone with a product as good as this have to discount to anyone the fact we are bering offered a forum discount is enough in my books. The same as the purchases of LR accesories they don't have to discount to us but they do IMHO it would be a dam cheek to go and ask them for more money off.

Post #4978724th Mar 2006 10:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >