Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Would you Turbochip if it was cheaper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Would you have your D3 chipped if it was 50% cheaper?
Yes, Definitely
39%
 39%  [38]
Very Likely
26%
 26%  [25]
Unsure
7%
 7%  [7]
Not Very Likely
2%
 2%  [2]
No, Definitely Not
2%
 2%  [2]
Already chipped at normal price
7%
 7%  [7]
Price isn't the issue
15%
 15%  [15]
Total Votes: 96

DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

JMC wrote:
This is a RIDICULOUS topic. Twisted Evil

The TC costs what it costs and that's business.

And many a business has failed to grow or even gone down the pan because it got it's pricing structure wrong.

It can never do any harm to take views from your potential customers - TC can decide to become either the 'Tesco' or 'Waitrose' of the chipping world from this valuable feedback Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #4938522nd Mar 2006 5:35 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I am listening but remember we already give £70 off our retail price to forum members.

I would consider a group buy option but only if we arrange the upgrades at one location.

I'm all ears Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4939422nd Mar 2006 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

This is what I was going to suggest...maybe a further discount if we drove to you and you had a good number booked in for the same day.
 Matt  
Post #4939722nd Mar 2006 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

I would suggest maybe 3 separate group buy days.....at different locations so that as many members as possible could take advantage.....minimum 6 cars...maximum 12 Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #4940022nd Mar 2006 6:23 pm
gavmurray

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well I'm glad that's it's got the potential response I was hoping it might when I posted this.

Lets let the poll run for a week or so to ensure that all members get a chance to respond. Once we've got decent numbers and potential buyers we'll start talking money.

Please all do respond to the poll.
 Gavin.
06, D3 TDV6 HSE, Buck Blue 

Post #4940922nd Mar 2006 7:05 pm
RichardO

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ive had my disco3 hse's ecu uprgrded by s****c***s and my vehicle drives and feels 100% better.

i am however concerned after seeing that my upgrade only effects the fuel injection, which could cause problems later on in my car's life. i believe that turbochip's upgrade changes a whole range of settings which puts less stress on the various partsand improves performance even more.

I paid £350 for my upgrade but am considering changing to tc's upgrade which according to report's is an allround better bet for my vehicle. TC any discount avail to numpty's who wish to pay twice? such as myself?

i have not noticed any better fuel economy since the upgrade 2000 miles ago (still getting 21.8 mpg) only that the vehicle feels like it has twice the power and is far more responsive.
 What an amazing vehicle. owner of disco 3, hse, java with beige leather.

bmw x5 4.4 sport (trying to sell but no joy)_
bmw 330ci sport 

Post #4943022nd Mar 2006 8:49 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

gavmurray wrote:
Once we've got decent numbers and potential buyers we'll start talking money.

I don't think that TC should in any way feel obligated or pressurised to reduce his prices by members of this forum - the poll does present TC with a view of the level of potential customers and as I have previously stated that information may serve him well - but any judgement about pricing is ultimately his and his alone.

I always enjoy a good deal and hope that TC will be in a position to present a further discount but I suspect that anyone who is seeking to obtain a discount of anywhere near 50% is barking up at the treehuggers in the wrong tree !!
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 22nd Mar 2006 11:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4943222nd Mar 2006 9:00 pm
LRtuning

Well said

I'll never be as 'cheap' as Schips Wink
Post #4943322nd Mar 2006 9:03 pm
LRtuning

Richard

Schips spent 4 hours and borrowed a Disco3 from a local dealer to develop their chip. We bought a Disco3 and have spent well over 100 rolling road hours develping what we do so I know why they are called Supercheaps Wink
Post #4943522nd Mar 2006 9:08 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Would you Turbochip if it was cheaper

gavmurray wrote:
Turbochip costs £595 + vat for a TDV6 auto with a 10% discount is given to Disco3.co.uk members.

Have you or will you get Turbochip at this cost and it not would you if it was 50% cheaper.

As you say Chris already offers a discount to members and thus helps the site.

To be fair this poll should not state a particular company or brand, but the general cost of this service from everyone.

Its not particularly fair to pinpoint one of many companies that do this with their various methods and costs.

I voted price is not the issue.

If it was 50% less, for sure more would buy - not exactly rocket science that.

cheers

-s

Post #4943722nd Mar 2006 9:12 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

from a business side i own a service and m.o.t. garage and as you are probally aware the m.o.t. has now gone computerised, now since we went online i now charge full price of £44.15 for a test and £20.00 for a retest.

since i have done this i have cut my tests from 15 a day to 11 a day and we now make more money by doing this than we did by doing more cut price tests

so from where i am sitting i think tc would be mad to cut his price as stated above he already gives a 10% discount to members of this forum and supports the site.

just remember we all go to work to earn money and tc is just trying to earn his, and for the record i had my d3 chipped by him months ago at the price stated -10% which i am more than happy with.

as for a 50% discount get real

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4944222nd Mar 2006 9:24 pm
RichardO

TC i want to get my car re chipped by your co, i am away from monday to sunny florida for 3 weeks so either before i go or when i return.

i have your no.

RichardO

bmw 330ci sport 

Last edited by RichardO on 22nd Mar 2006 9:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4944322nd Mar 2006 9:30 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

richerd might be better to pm tc your number mate i would edit your post if i were you

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #4944422nd Mar 2006 9:33 pm
mudplugger

England 

I'm a Sales and Marketing director of about 25 years experience and come complete with a host of qualifications (all of which in reality mean very little!).
I run a £45m business with my 3 fellow directors.

If I was pricing TC's work - having just had the pain of paying for it - I reckon he's got the level just about right.

He's in the median pricing for this sort of complex modification, the demand is steady and keeping him busy, yet the rewards for all that research and investment are being repaid. A valid business model, that should eventually reap some decent profit for him, that he can re-invest a proportion of to keep the pipeline filled with new vehicles.
Only when people stop buying at this level should he think about reducing his prices.

If he were to price at a higher level he risks deminishing his demand, and reducing the 'in market' volume of mapped vehicles that help drive his sales (word of mouth) - that he would have to replace by expensive advertising..

No Chris - you're pretty much bang on - my advice is stick right where you are...

I just wish I was in his business - only one great product, with perhaps 350 differing applications - instead of 2,900 products and thousands of applications in a highly regulated environment.... aaarrrrgggghhh.

Time to go home and have a cold beer...

Muddy
 From a two Land Rover household to one big FFRR...

Range Rover Vogue TDV8
Shogun SWB 4Work
Steyr M9094 Tractor

(Still a D3 fan though!) 

Post #4944522nd Mar 2006 9:36 pm
RichardO

thanks for the advice shawn.

richard

bmw 330ci sport 

Post #4944622nd Mar 2006 9:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >