DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

FAULTMATE MSV2 my review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 22 <123 456 ... 202122>
andychelt

United Kingdom 

Baben wrote:
Is that too much to ask?
quite possibly considering some of the recent threads/comments..... Laughing Rolling with laughter  
Post #44693230th Mar 2009 4:44 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

bellautos wrote:
I think
3) Disable key-in-ignition chime
4) Set speed-dependant suspension-height parameters

Are good ones to be covered if possibile.

Pete

Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #44714630th Mar 2009 10:16 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Pete/Colin

Post #44717330th Mar 2009 11:02 pm
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Caver,
Thanks for the support. Thumbs Up

Best Wishes,
Peter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #44723331st Mar 2009 5:32 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya All.
As previously mentioned, we are now offering a 20% off to all existing members, affective until the end of April.
A few members have e-mailed / PM'd, and asked me to explain how they actually go about getting that on our web shop.

So for the benefit of all, i will explain the procedure.
A member would order on our shop, like anyone does, Click the item (typically SV222 from our kits section) and go to checkout, fill in all the details, select shipping & payment option and follow to the end. Don't worry that the item is shown at full price and you appear to be buying it at that price, our system is not automated and there is a human being at the other end who will hold off all; D3 system orders for a little while before any processing will be done. This will give you ample time to PM me the Order reference number you will have been given for the transaction. I will validate your membership and then have our admin department re work the order to include the 20% off and send you a confirmation letter showing the new calculated value for your approval.

Validating membership; I have stated that to qualify, members must have been registered for > 1 year or have 500 or more posts, Those figures were just to define a line. As i am sure you will all realize, i only want to ensure that it is genuine existing members getting the discount not discriminate. So in reality, unless you are a complete and utter newbie, you are most welcome.

Sorry to have stitched this on the end of your review thread Wiggs but it was kinda quiet here anyway and it seemed like the most apt place. Thumbs Up

Post #4483382nd Apr 2009 7:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bushwanderer

Based on Wigg's effusion, I've put my foot in the water - correction, I've dived in & bought the same kit.

Now I'm full of trepidation. Big Cry

But I don't get a ph call from Cyprus very often, and Louise sounds nice. Thumbs Up
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #4483412nd Apr 2009 7:45 am
Bushwanderer

Correction,
In line with the Aussie stereotype, I should have said:
"Gees, Louise sounds like a bonza Sheila! "
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #4483442nd Apr 2009 7:54 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

She said you sounded like a real sport,

insisted i send you this photo.
said something about liking it rough in the outback.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Seriously, thanks for your support. Thumbs Up
Given it will be couple of days more before the new software release is available, would you prefer we ship now, and you can upgrade it when you get it (very simple) or we hold it and send it as soon as the update is ready so it is already on it when it arrives.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 2nd Apr 2009 8:30 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4483512nd Apr 2009 8:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Willy Eckerslike

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Mmmmm....... Nice pair of headlights, wellshod, not so sure about the under body protection would be needed.
 Club Pie n Pea
One life....Fish it
D3 Gone but not forgotten
Club Men of Oak
Club Walnut sniffers
D4 Van owner
Ents long lost Uncle 

Post #4483522nd Apr 2009 8:29 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

BBS, the SV222 applies a single vehicle licence based on VIN. when I change my car, can that licence be transferred, or do i need to buy another ?
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #4483612nd Apr 2009 8:57 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

mmmm, good question Dunc, that may sway me as i don't think the value of mine will make it worth while to keep when the lease ends. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4483632nd Apr 2009 9:05 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I think Colin has already mentioned this somewhere - I seem to remember a 50 GBP or EUR admin fee for a new software license, but you definitely don't need to buy new kit.
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #4483722nd Apr 2009 9:15 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yep absolutely right.
If you swap your D3 for any other current LR model, we charge only GBP 45 to cover admin costs, the unit does not need to come back, we simply give you a code you type in.

This also applies if you sell the unit to someone else. We actually have some systems on their 3rd and 4th owners, which harks back to a point i made before, Because we always ensure backward compatibility, our systems never go out of date, even if we do make a shinier one. so used units are always in demand and as such values are quite high.

Post #4483842nd Apr 2009 9:43 am
evo8

Slovakia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

wiggs - any luck with live data logging yet? I am very curious what parameters can be logged.

BBS - going for SV222 and later having an option to upgrade to be able to work on 2-3 LR3 (I have firends Smile) ie multiple single vehicles - is it possible (just been unable to find it on your page).
 2013 D4 TDV6 S; Baltic Blue; IID Tool BT
2007 D3 TDV6 SE, Auto; club Faultmate MSV2 

Post #4484092nd Apr 2009 10:20 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Evo8, There actually is not that much live data logging in quite a few ECU's yet. We did do some for the Air suspension as you probably saw in the picture, but that was really because we visited that system when we did the height calibration and so popped them in while we were at it. I think Wiggs might have got a bit sensory overload delirious for a second when he mentioned EMS live data as i am fairly sure that we did not do over much on EMS.
Fortunately we have already done all our research and so when it comes to adding the masses of live data monitor values on all ECU's It will be very quick and simple for us. All in all i would say its going to be a few months yet before our D3 system access capabilities are completely up to our usual no stone unturned level.

Of course anyone can upgrade to full Multi vehicle status, there is no extra charge, you just pay the difference. SV222 is just a part number for a kit of the right hardware bits and a single vehicle license for discovery 3. Its all the same hardware for business or pleasure and our licensing is done in software by remote codes. So its all really flexible, you can add more cars to the same unit have some as single vehicle and some as multi vehicle or whatever.

Post #4484312nd Apr 2009 11:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 22 <123 456 ... 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >