Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

FBH and T91
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
allyv

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

epninety wrote:
allyv wrote:
just looked at wiring on 2010 rrs and all wiring is same as on d3 with w-bus from t91 into pin 2 0n fbh so WHY DOES THIS not turn on fbh on f3 ???? getting a sore head .

T91 does work, it's just that it doesn't do anything useful Rolling Eyes

The FBH in the D3 won't turn on when commanded from a T91, but it understands the command perfectly, and responds with the correct response. It's not clear to me if the FBH itself is programmed to ignore the command, or if the car notices what's happening via CANBUS and turns it off again. I suspect it's the former, because of the lack of timer period negotiation from the remote (pressing both buttons doesn't allow the timer period to be set/changed).

The 1533 timer sends a slightly different command, which the heater will accept.

In an ideal world, I'd investigate if the firmware in the T91 receiver could be patched to change the default message, but there's a solidly fixed screening can preventing me getting a good look at the PCB and I'm not inclined to rip it off a perfectly good receiver unit without good reason.

I have a small microcontroller board thats intended to sit between the T91 and the FBH, effectively pretending to be a 1533 timer. The hardware all works, just haven't finished up my software for it yet.

I'll share more details if/when I get it working.
thx great reply, i will try and get hold of 1533 and link into  
Post #110689321st May 2013 6:00 pm
allyv

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Martin wrote:
2009 and earlier is, 2010-2013 are D4-like Wink
true Thumbs Up , most l/r fbh have same wiring even on lm so why do they make it so difficult just to plug anf play grrrr  
Post #110689521st May 2013 6:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >