DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Limpopo

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
Suspension

Hi all,
I pick up my new South African V8 SE in about ten days. Don't really know when it would have come off the line, with the shipping and all. And from what I've been reading here, it doesn't seem to matter when it was made. Does anyone out there have one that has never given a suspension warning / issue?
Can I ID the manufacturing date from the VIN? What significance is there to it being a recent build if compressors are still failing.
Presumably most recent software will be done on PDI.
I must say, if some of these suspension faults are indeed temperature-related (cold), it could be some time before they emerge in hotter countries, such as SA and Aussie.
It also seems clear that this car, at the moment, is totally unsuitable for long journeys into wilderness in Australia. Russia, Canada, Africa and such like. Sad
I'm not saying it is putting me off - I love Land Rovers and I'm sure this is a great car. However. is it not sad Sad that the marque's rich expedition heritage seems such a distant memory. How would you trust this car to carry the water for your family into the some outback? Confused
It's bad enough that most cars have gone electronic, but with D3 they seem to have taken this trend to excess. So be it - but do it well.
You don't find too many Airbuses declaring 'undercarriage will lower slowly, please reboot'. Smile
Sorry, I thought we were eons beyond BMC whose executives openly admitted they let the public do the R and D.
Wow. Sorry to be such an old fart. Feel a lot better though. Laughing
Embarassed
 Must look at it from the bright side...  
Post #4231214th Feb 2006 12:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RetiredBob

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

G'Day All

Took delivery of my Disco3 TDV6 HSE about three months ago. Love the vehicle and very soon am off on an extended trip in the bush towing my off- road caravan.

I have had a "shunt device" fitted in the rear of the vehicle to stop the LED lights of the van flashing all the time - works great.

I also had a problem with the suspension about two months after delivery - the suspension fault light was continually coming on after travelling about three kms. The dealer eventually replaced the compressor and since then no problems.

Post #4377923rd Feb 2006 7:36 am
dldisco3

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I had the fault only when doing an offroad course, nearly at the end the compressor got sick of all the bumps and decided to overheat. Stop, key out, wait 5 minutes, start, problem gone Rolling Eyes

Let's hope it stays without the message Wink

Post #4892921st Mar 2006 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >